We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Reduced drop rate of Bounder's Bags

Has anyone else noticed a severe drop in drop rates since the start of the Faire? I'm farming with multiple people in my fellow and we are all getting hardly any bags.

EDIT: I'm farming in an instance, if that's important
    Last edited by Lethso; Sep 05 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Yep I noticed it too.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Whilst I haven't tested it yet myself, it is possible they have reduced the rate, because if I recall, festivals may also reward the bounder's tokens in some form or way, and I think the Farmer's Faire counts as a festival. So to mitigate for this new method of acquiring the tokens, Turbine may have reduced the global mob drop rate, but I will need to get back in-game and see.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Ugh i hope not..................i'd rather farm some dungeons than the festival.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Whilst I haven't tested it yet myself, it is possible they have reduced the rate, because if I recall, festivals may also reward the bounder's tokens in some form or way, and I think the Farmer's Faire counts as a festival. So to mitigate for this new method of acquiring the tokens, Turbine may have reduced the global mob drop rate, but I will need to get back in-game and see.
    I would hope not. I'd rather be clearing deeds and doing other activities that generate rewards I need than repeating the festival over and over. There are as best I can tell, no new events, and I already have a plethora of Farmer's Faire tokens from last year.

Each successful completed quest awards a bounty bag.

It would be nice if turbine told us they turned down the rate if that's the case.
    Last edited by Crell_1; Sep 05 2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I noticed it. I've been doing the slayer deeds I never finished, on teams. Yesterday, our team of three was raking in the Bounder Bags, about 15 an hour average for the 3 of us. Today, in an hour, no bags for any of us. At all.

Version control, guys. Version control.
    Favorite Dev Quote from 2009: Graal: The lack of an instant threat catch up skill is one of the differences in tanking between Wardens and Guardians, just like Wardens dont have a easily used forced taunt. It is unlikely, but not impossible that this will change. Bottom line...Dont die.

Bah! I hope that's not the case, I haven't been able to log into to gather ANY tokens yet.

I already have at least some farmers tokens so would prefer to be gathering the tokens on alts while levelling up rather than through festival.

Hey, some people don't want to do festivals to get bags :/ I only do a festival a couple days at most...

(because the rewards new to this year really stink. They're either putting all their cosmetic efforts into HD or fired the artist who made awesome stuff).

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I noticed the change last evening (US). World properties do not require version control in the same sense that, say, patches do.

I wonder if the festival items that temporarily get joined (database join) to the loot tables have a 'dilution' effect. What I mean is that if the lookup table for the common items increases in size, the apparent effect is a lowered rate, when the rate hasn't really changed. The effect is similar to the 'book pages' drops. Any particular page the same rate, but it looks like they don't because you have more ways to get 'all' pages than you do to get a specific one.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Why reduce drop rate of bounders tokens because festival is out? As a small server we already are way behind most other servers for statue, and now without being able to get bags from places like Moira instances, you've made it nearly impossible. Vanyar a large server farmed its way to victory, and now the small servers aren't allowed to do the same. The statue was already unfair because of server numbers, now this just adds to the unfairness. Festival quests cannot be repeated non stop, so deeding for tokens was an option too, now again killing masses of mobs for rare chance of a bag is a pure waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    Version control, guys. Version control.
    It's not a matter of version control. Its a manually edited world-property that the team can choose to change while the game is running. If they did so, it'd be nice if they shared that fact with us =)

On Imladris I was getting an average of 300 tokens per night just grinding old deeds. Which gave me another reason to hammer out those old slayer deeds...

And now, last night... I got 30. That's a tenfold reduction in numbers dropped by random mobs. I admit that it's not a solid fact based on one player's experience, but it seems to me this drop rate was MASSIVELY tweaked and reduced. And the first thing that came to my mind was that it was reduced due to the festival, and to encourage people to do the festival.

If you reduced the drop rate due to the festival, and I do expect a simple "yes we did" or "no we didn't" response on this, it is very, very, VERY uncool, considering that other higher pop servers have ground their way to unlocking the statues, and now the rest of the class has to suffer simply because we didn't have enough people to get it done by the same method.

I will NOT run endless high lag farmer's fest repeatables just to unlock this statue. And to add insult to injury, it's just a regular bag. Not even a large bag.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    OAnd now, last night... I got 30.
    Oh I think its the famous LOTRO random number generator on the blink again...I was fine last night, running through Annumines doing quests and dropped a couple of hundred...

...will keep watching and I agree they should not lower rates now due to Farmers Faire...
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Drastically reduced. And the rate of token acquisition through festival events is also pretty low. Yesterday I was optimistic about Windfola reaching the goal in a week or two, but now it seems much less likely.

Aye, as long as folks can get tokens just by doing what they're doing anyway, it's all good. And with the slayer deed thing, it's a double win. Folks get old deeds done, and help out the whole server at the same time. Win-win.

But reducing the drop rate in order to encourage (read: FORCE) festival participation?

Everyone I've talked to in game says the same thing. Reduced drop rate. I can't imagine that's random coincidence.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

Quote Originally Posted by Evenprimes View Post
    Drastically reduced. And the rate of token acquisition through festival events is also pretty low. Yesterday I was optimistic about Windfola reaching the goal in a week or two, but now it seems much less likely.
    From doing the festival quests, I got mostly 20 tokens from each bag. I even got 70 from doing the shire race quest.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

I can indeed confirm that the landscape tokens drop rate has decreased . Yesterday I could easily average 600 an hour. Today, with this drop rate, i cant even be bothered. It is well below 100 an hour.
    I guess droprates are back to original setting.
    If this farmers faire is meant to speed up the collection, it certainly doesn't work. Quite opposite in fact.

Assuming all 16 quest (deed count) in and around bywater has a day CD (this seems to be the case).
    It is then possible to collect 16 bags of tokens. This totals (5 tokens a bag) 5*16= 80 or (20 tokens in each bag) 320.
    I can therefore reliably collect between 80 and 320 a day. Maybe a little more if the bags can yield more tokens. This seems to me to be an adjustment in the negative direction.
    Especially considering a collect rate of 600 an hour before the adjustment.

If Turbine considers this an improvement, I'm at a loss.
    All I can conclude, is that this farmers faire put lower populated servers at a massive disadvantage.
    They have now no chance to catch up or even attempt no matter their effort. They are in effect limited by the quest CD.
    The low population just makes it even worse. Not as many are able to do the quests, and those that do can't repeat to get momentum. Further more the retry timer is as high as 1 hour (egg collection, mushrooms).
    I'm sorry, but that is just insane.

Those that had the manpower to attain a lot of tokens with decent droprate, gained a lot. Those that had fewer players could compensate through effort. Fair enough.
    Before certain dedicated players, in low pop servers, farmed huge amounts to compensate (Yes Lethso I'm thinking of you ). This was for the good of everyone. Now none can.
    Servers that did collect a fair amount, or even completed the task, can start enjoying the benefits extremely long before the lower populated servers even have a chance to spot the end.

In effect the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer.
    If Turbine's idea was to accurately reflect our society they have indeed succeed.
    All have equal possibilities except those at a disadvantage no matter their dedication.
    Last edited by Eafinn; Sep 05 2013 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eafinn View Post
    I can indeed confirm that the landscape tokens drop rate has decreased . Yesterday I could easily average 600 an hour.
    Where were you getting 600 an hour prior?

We're seeing the change here as well. Severely reduced drops from mobs since Farmer's Faire switched on.

I like fests. Have done them a bunch. Have done some today.
    But there's really good reasons we don't want to do them for the bounders tokens:

Some quests require competition with other players. My success means their failure. That's not fun. That's not cooperative. It's orcish. Quests in this category: Sandson's Egg Scramble : Maggot's Mushroom Hunt : Bounders Rounds

Some quests require you to sit around waiting on cooldowns or for a NPC to say something, to advance the quest repeatedly. This quickly gets really boring. Not fun at all. And this fest features so many of these. Here's just a few of them: Bounders Rounds : Fat Mayor : Festival Dances : Fishing Quest - All of Them.

Unless it has changed since last year, at least one of the quests is based on just dumb luck, and the chance of successful completion is really low. And its a long boring fishing quest to boot!

Can I get tokens through fest? Yes!
    Can I do it while having fun in group with my friends? Not really.
    Will I get tokens anywhere near as quickly as before? Based on the festing I've done so far this fest, heck no. Before today, I was sometimes running 3-6 clients in a fellowship working on deeds. The alt clients were turning in ALL of their tokens to advance the statue for the benefit of the server community, regardless of how far past completing T3 they were. No point in that @ current abysmal drop rates.

I believe we were repeatedly told there were more token sources coming. I don't recall being told told they were replacement sources. And as a replacement, the Faire is a huge nerf.
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Where were you getting 600 an hour prior?
    I wont keep any secrets. I will undoubtedly spoil my future collection efforts now that all with be there.

Level 85 RK,
    Skill: Ceaseless argument (no cd, no induction, small dmg)
    Goblin area: Ered Luin, Rath Teraig.
    Level 11 mobs, single shot ranged kill.
    Run as fast as possible(scroll run buff), round and round, wildly clicking your skill.

I must admit that I highly respect anyone doing quest in the area. If someone is there I immediately stop, let them finish or even help out.

Anyone can do this, I had my wife follow me around while chatting, she got just as many.
    Anyway it doesn't work anymore with the drop rate decrease.

Ok just to add my 2 cents, we just ran some of our usual farm spots and i got 5 tokens in like 30 minutes. I have had bad runs before but eh not that bad.
    A friend of mine said she was doing good this morning, and it turned bad after the pop up for the festival appeared.

So if it is intentional or not please change it back, before today the farming was somewhat fun, now it's just aggravating, and it will not make me go to the fair more than i planned to anyways.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eafinn View Post
    I wont keep any secrets. I will undoubtedly spoil my future collection efforts now that all with be there.

Level 11 mobs, single shot kill.
    Run as fast as possible, round and round, wildly clicking your skill.
    I didn't think there were enough mobs to make it a good circuit. Clearly I was wrong. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lethso View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a severe drop in drop rates since the start of the Faire? I'm farming with multiple people in my fellow and we are all getting hardly any bags.
    I hope this is not the case. I liked that this was finally a motivation to get some long-standing deeds out of the way.

It is also a little unfair on the lower populated servers, which still have a way to go. The servers with huge populations benefited from very high drop rates, and now the servers lagging behind will be lagging further behind if they don't feel like farming the festival.

All the above said, I do like that the festival gives a bag per quest.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I didn't think there were enough mobs to make it a good circuit. Clearly I was wrong. =)

There are thin areas populated with spiders and such in between the camps. If you run all the normal goblin camps they will respawn before you get round.
    I kill the spiders ect. too ofc.

Well said Eafinn Lethso certainly was trying his best to achieve our server goal, will be a shame if turbine have stopped all his hard work

The Statue however was always unfair from the start, lower populations could never win therefore never see their server name on the Statue, clearly Turbine didn't care then the outcome, so now they have there "winner" to them its probably immaterial how many tokens the rest of us get

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast