We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Before you gripe please read

"At least six were dead, thousands homeless and hundreds of thousands without power Monday as the region began the daunting task of recovering from powerful storm system that spawned several tornadoes".

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/...rough-midwest/

Makes server, log in issues, and HD not being up sort of trivial doesn't it.

I couldn't agree more. In looking at some of the posts last nite, and this morning, all that comes to mind is This Is A Game People......

Isn't that about 1000 miles away from Boston?
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Totally unrelated incidents. Yes it is unfortunate that so much damage with injury and loss off life. However turbine and its data farm i believe are no where near Indiana or Illinois where most of the tragedy is.

Totally uncool in my opinion for anyone to use any kind of tragic event as a sympathy card for something that is totally unrelated..

not cool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    No, same storms that took out the power last night.

Perspective.

Get some.
    If in danger from Red, Call Glod.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    Totally unrelated incidents. Yes it is unfortunate that so much damage with injury and loss off life. However turbine and its data farm i believe are no where near Indiana or Illinois where most of the tragedy is.

Totally uncool in my opinion for anyone to use any kind of tragic event as a sympathy card for something that is totally unrelated..

not cool at all.
    I see you missed my point.

Let's not get carried away here, folks.

I still remember the Boston Cloak debacle.
    [IMG]http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Torgeau/sig-lotro_zpsf040a784.jpg[/IMG]
    -[B]Fence Sitter of Eriador[/B]-
    "[I]All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening.[/I]" - Alexander Woollcott

From what I understand, whether related to the storms or not, Boston DID lose power from what I understand yesterday.

yup. and as we all know, storms never move anywhere. just stay put for days and weeks on end.

*sigh* wow. it was said those storms directly affected somewhere in the neighborhood of 53 MILLION people. going all the way from the great lakes almost to the gulf coast.

give em some time people.

The words Domino and Snowball come to mind

ALL Power Lines, in each country are connected

Breaking the links will cause problems elsewhere
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 390 8Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Well, it's Monday morning in California, and I was able to log into Elendilmir, no sweat.

No patch, either.

The character I was playing when the server went down is fine; he has the stuff in his pack that
    he had just taken out of his vault.

But he's back at the Esteldin mailbox, instead of in the Crafting area.

And there was no patch.

I consider it a very good idea to wait for the patch until, say, Tuesday, when the machine room
    staff have had a chance to catch up on their sleep.

But I wish Sapience or somebody had made an announcement about it.

.... Whh has just pointed out that they did note the launch would be delayed .... on Twitter.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

While it is surely devastating to be affected by a tornado, I live near Boston and I can assure everyone that at the time of the outage there was very little wind and maybe some light rain off and on. Nearest tornado was probably over 800 miles away,

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    .... Whh has just pointed out that they did note the launch would be delayed .... on Twitter.
    Yeah, I noticed this announcement has missed a lot of people. The servers that are still down (EU ones I think) are assumed to be down for the update. They're gonna get a huge shock when they come back up.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Delay announced on Facebook

And as a reminder, when the servers go out, sometimes Turbine's internal connections can be troublesome as well.

I'm sure we will get an announcement on the forums officially as soon as they can sort things out to know what to tell us.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    For future reference, fox news is not the best place to use a source.
    "The LOTRO Store will offer convenience, not advantage." -Patience
    "These pots are only available in the store and they are not available via crafting. Nor do we have any plans for this to change right now." -Frelorn

Perspective.

Get some.
    What, your point is that people shouldn't complain about a gaming problem because in an utterly unrelated incident some people died?

I don't give a hoot about release dates, I'm just baffled people are all "look, someone died, so stop complaining about other things." The storm didn't hit Boston (confirmed by Boston poster above).

Yes, there was a power outage. Big deal. Have a forum argument about the rights and wrongs of complaining, by all means. But bringing up a tragedy from another part of the country is in bad taste.

ALL Power Lines, in each country are connected

Breaking the links will cause problems elsewhere
    A power line broken in Illinois will cut power to Boston? A fascinating fact about US infrastructure. Tell me more.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

What, your point is that people shouldn't complain about a gaming problem because in an utterly unrelated incident some people died?
    I think that pretty much nails it, yeah.

It was a power outage. Nothing more.
    [IMG]http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Torgeau/sig-lotro_zpsf040a784.jpg[/IMG]
    "[I]All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening.[/I]" - Alexander Woollcott

No, same storms that took out the power last night.
    Actually, no they didn't. The weather report for the Boston area was clear, light rain here and there, and no major storms. People in Boston that play have actually confirmed that. The power outage could have been caused by many reasons, and there was an area that did lose power (so it was not just the data center) but it seems to be unrelated to the storm.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I think the point you are making is clear: There are more important things in life then a video game.

But at the same time, it isn't necessary to try and link an tragic loss of life to the problems that the data center had last night. If you go all out, you may as well use the Philippines as an example, as there were 10,000 people killed, and 100,000s lost their home. It doesn't serve any purpose, those tragedies are horrible enough as it is....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

"
    Makes server, log in issues, and HD not being up sort of trivial doesn't it.
    I wonder if anyone died in the world during your long anti-emote tirades?

Reminds me of the Fawlty Towers episode -

Basil Fawlty: [after making elaboate excuses as to why he has no ingredients for a Waldorf Salad after taking the customers money] So, it makes you think how lucky you are, doesn't it? I mean, here we all are, with all our limbs functioning and, quite frankly, if you've got your health, what else matters?
    Mr. Hamilton: What a bunch of ####!

Dont need a storm to have a power outage. old equipment failing. Building power could have failed. Power company could have pushed to much juice thru the line and caused an older transformer to fail, etc, etc.. their is multitude of possibilities that can cause a power outage and no storm needed. It can also effect 1 building, 1 street, a city a state or an entire country.

Also, i did not miss the point. it appears that my point was missed.

Quote Originally Posted by monteeburns View Post
    I wonder if anyone died in the world during your long anti-emote tirades?

Reminds me of the Fawlty Towers episode -

Basil Fawlty: [after elaborately explaining why he has no ingredients for a Waldorf Salad] So, it makes you think how lucky you are, doesn't it? I mean, here we all are, with all our limbs functioning and, quite frankly, if you've got your health, what else matters?
    Mr. Hamilton: What a bunch of ####!
    Actually, the OP reminded me of The Simpsons character Helen Lovejoy ("Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!!!")

But yours is more apropos, I'll admit

A power line broken in Illinois will cut power to Boston? A fascinating fact about US infrastructure. Tell me more.
    National power grids are often working at their limits, not just in the US. They need to carefully balance production/consumption on both regional and global levels. It's one of the major problems we're facing in Germany with the switch to renewable energy sources as those can be very spikey, requiring a major overhaul of the national power grid (and the european power grid as well).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast