We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thumbs down Helm's Deep DELAYED!!!

LOTRO Twitter says that HD is delayed, no information regarding for how long, why,... VERY disappointing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KemperBoyd View Post
    LOTRO Twitter says that HD is delayed, no information regarding for how long, why,... VERY disappointing!!!
    I payed $60 for a release date. This is really not good.

The tears would flood the place if they update on schedule because of the power outage last night. A few didn't turn in their bounders tokens and of course, the rest have to wait for them.

I suspect it had to do with the loss of power to the Data Center last night. Hopefully, this gives everyone a chance to to get ready for HD.

Well, for one thing quite a few players still want to turn in bounder's tokens, so delaying the expansion by a day might be in favor for these players, but my bet is that with the recent power issues at their data center there is for one still some cleaning up to do (as the current login issues prove), plus they might want a positive reply concerning the power supply, like backup system finally working etc.
    I would imagine it rather difficult having crashing servers while trying to patch the servers, or database updates running and crashing mid-script.

So.. patience is a virtue :-)
    @Community staff: now that would be a fun recompense (for the VIP players at least) by handing out a code for one patience +1 :-))
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000020d796/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'd rather have everything a-ok'd than ready to go with several things off-kilter, less incidents and oopses on launch, the better.

At this moment I could care less about the expansion!

I am currently way more worried about possible progression loss due to the sudden outage!

Will we be facing rollbacks? And what will be the extend of these rollbacks?

I have seen rollbacks of up to several hours in cases like these!

Especially With teh 100% XP bonus this weekend, several hour rollback would mean a huge progression loss for me, not to mention the idea of redoing all those quests again.

It would definitely kill my desire to play LOTRO again for quite some time!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    The tears would flood the place if they update on schedule because of the power outage last night. A few didn't turn in their bounders tokens and of course, the rest have to wait for them.
    This is the virtual equivalent of getting on board a train and having to wait for a small group of people who didn't put backup batteries in their alarm clock the night of a power outage therefore waking up late and expecting the train to wait for them at the expense of everyone on board already. I know it sounds harsh but the window for pre-orders for HD wasn't just from 5pm server time November 17th 2013 till now its been going on for months same as the bounders tokens. Sometime I wonder if this mentality isn't what has kept PvMP in this game in shambles for so long, Turbine trying to break their back for a small vocal minority while ignoring the overall picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Vezz View Post
    This is the virtual equivalent of getting on board a train and having to wait for a small group of people who didn't put backup batteries in their alarm clock the night of a power outage therefore waking up late and expecting the train to wait for them at the expense of everyone on board already. I know it sounds harsh but the window for pre-orders for HD wasn't just from 5pm server time November 17th 2013 till now its been going on for months same as the bounders tokens. Sometime I wonder if this mentality isn't what has kept PvMP in this game in shambles for so long, Turbine trying to break their back for a small vocal minority while ignoring the overall picture.
    Everyone has to be happy all of the time, if not its a major catastrophe. The majority is no longer served until the vocal minority gets their way. Its part of the evolution of western culture, because their is always someone who is willing to facilitate it.

Hopefully this is still going to happen today sometime, albeit just later. I know I wasn't the only one who scheduled vacation for the next couple days specifically for launch. As for Bounder's Tokens and pre-ordering - as was mentioned earlier, we've had weeks to get them ground out and turned in.
    Ceana/Caresse ~ Trucido Kinship on Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronan View Post
    At this moment I could care less about the expansion!

I am currently way more worried about possible progression loss due to the sudden outage!

Will we be facing rollbacks? And what will be the extend of these rollbacks?

I have seen rollbacks of up to several hours in cases like these!

Especially With teh 100% XP bonus this weekend, several hour rollback would mean a huge progression loss for me, not to mention the idea of redoing all those quests again.

It would definitely kill my desire to play LOTRO again for quite some time!
    I was personally only rolled back about 5/10 mins - the kin and I were racing to the Entwade ford, and I had just entered Moris when the server went down. When I logged on this morning, I was in Tal Caradhras, about 2 minutes out of Echad Dunnan - so my guess is about 7/8 minutes roll backs - so not too bad

I logged into my creep a bit ago and there was less than a 30 minute rollback.

And things are not stable yet--they just tweeted about ongoing login issues for what look to be the former EU servers.

And let the drama flow....
    A rollback of a few minutes (or even hours) of progression will incite me to never play the game again. Classic.

Well I left my updater open and to check for updates every hour while I'm at work, so I was hoping to be able to play when I got home, oh well. One more day won't kill anyone.

Whats the big issue about Bounder's token? Lots of people are posting in this direction...

Whats the big issue about Bounder's token? Lots of people are posting in this direction...
    Many people waited to the very last moment with spending them at the vendor, and with the power outage last night they couldn't spend them anymore.
    When HD launches, every bounder token will automaticly become 1 mark, so with bad luck from a power outage, and people waiting way too long with spending their earned tokens, they get mad because they may not receive the rewards they wanted to buy anymore.

Is anyone really surprised by this? I mean really?....I mean really???

So glad I didn't preorder...

Cas

What does the LotRO say?
    Con..con..con.con.connect lost... con con con con..connect lost..
    What does the LotRO say?
    De..de..de..de.de.de... delay..de de de de ..delay..

I hope, everything will be work right later today.

Lol? The could also make the event last a few days longer don´t know why the Bounders Token should be the reason for an additional delay?!?

It's delayed. So what? Is that so terrible? Let them fix the problems and then they'll release the expansion. Really no big deal. Try to not get fixated like this on things like a game, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    Is anyone really surprised by this? I mean really?....I mean really???

So glad I didn't preorder...

Cas
    Well, please have in mind that it was a really server power outage which caused a lot of problems. For some servers there are serious issues (can't login, game freezes, crash on loading screens, character rollbacks, etc.). These issues must be resolved and ALL servers before they can be switched off again for HD update. It's really bad luck, having such issues just a day before the planned expansion release, but please think reasonably! Can't blame Turbine of delaying HD a day or two in such circumstances.

Imagine this : "last night the data center crashes, and the main server loses all its data including the copy of HD to be distributed today, wiping it forever. Turbine frantically scavenges for whatever data they can get, and not only has to get the data center back up running, but also get 'a' copy of HD to distribute today, whether it's the final fancy version or a prior build with bugs. The process takes a day but they manage to deliver an early copy of HD that is very buggy, but at least they were able to have something roll out this week"

Yes I totally made that up and it's a worst-case scenario. The point is, we don't know what happened, but they're working on it (and not intentionally slowing down). I remember previous updates would have downtime from at least 6am-noon (probably even the night before as well), so I'm not expecting to login to HD until at least tonight, maybe tomorrow at the earliest.

Delayed release....ahh well, doesn'f affect me as im working nightshifts. I may be lucky and HD will come on my days off *fingers crossed*

Did you ever stop to think that the same people who were up all night restoring Lotro, DDO and AC are the same people who are doing the HD implementation? You're asking them to put in a long day and perform well when they've been at it already for 12+ hours, when those 12+ hours came at the end of the day. They may also have to bring up the QA and Dev environments yet, and file servers, and then they need to verify that everything is still ready for deployment. Once everything was deployed, staff would still be expected to put in longer hours to react to any game-breaking bugs that were discovered.

I can understand people's disappointment, but I'd rather see Turbine show some compassion to their staff in this situation, besides the fact you don't sleep deprived zombies running your installation.

By the gods... if circumstances beyond Turbine's control cause you to want to quit the game? Please leave. The rest of the adults are patiently waiting, knowing full well how an unexpected power outage can completely kill a server.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    I can understand people's disappointment, but I'd rather see Turbine show some compassion to their staff in this situation, besides the fact you don't sleep deprived zombies running your installation.
    I don't see any need to think up stuff like that, on a practical note it would be insane for Turbine to take servers that had died 'in flight' and then without bringing them back up and running them for a few hours to ensure they weren't affected before applying a massive update would be a wholly crass move.

As for staff, they provide a 24/7/365 service, I expect them to be able to staff minor emergencies like a power failure while continuing normal operations once service is restored without interruption.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast