We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Just an Idea

Just an Idea

I had an idea and just wanted to see what u think about it.

With the new constant auto flips and inconsistent action, we could try and start up a group vs group tournaments (GvG).

* It would require two people (1 from each side) with access to vent/kin ts/pet's to be able to communicate(with respect) with each other. possible with 1 dual boxer as well.
    * Freeps/Creeps would gather at neutral/designated location. I recommend the location that wardenator brought up in past post ( the valley ). this location requires full immunity at all times from getting ganked/killed. Its very important to allow freeps/creeps to reach this location peacefully to make this happen.
    * On ooc ask for a "G" (or what ever we agree on) for those interested in tournaments so that choices(classes) r clear for leaders to pick from
    * Each leader picks 1-2 freep/creep for a 2vs3/3vs3 or 1vs3 if OP (communicate to the other side to confirm your team)
    * when each side is ready, the leader of that side bows to the other leader and waits for bow back to start the fight (same as 1vs1)
    * Everything goes in the fight (every skill and cd for all the classes) except for interference of outside freep/creep. If interfered, stop the fight and deal with it.
    Both sides need to police this in order for these tournaments to work (punishment = severely zerged and banned from tournaments if repeated)
    * which ever side who loses gets to add 1 creep/freep to their group, so if it was 3vs3 now it will be 4vs3. Lose again 5vs3, Win 5vs4, Lose 6vs4 and so on.... (communicate about changes)
    * If there is no one around to add to your group after you lost a fight, u can ask the winning team to lose 1.
    * this can go on until its a raid vs a raid and it could get EPIC ( imagine we don't have to run around the map looking for each other)
    * count any freep/creep under rank 3 as half a player (debatable cause it depends on their aud gear)
    * In ooc it should be announced that each side should have 2 op's each, If not possible(DG) then +2 out posts = minus 1 player

With these tournaments we would bring out the full potentials of ourselves and our classes by practise and experience. It would empower smalls groups to move around the map, cause they have seen what they can kill/not-kill in a controlled environment. It would give us the recipe for how to fight based on what classes are logged in, how far 3 high ranks wl can take the fight or what combination is best to take down DinDragon . It would bring balance cause then people wont assume what is fair/unfair based on the combination of fights they have experienced and seen. It would teach new members in moors what the full potential of their class is, which would give them a goal to work towards. It would bring positive communication(as mentioned in other posts) to our server which will improve the action. These could bring in new people to moors just to anticipate in tournaments.

What do current citizens of Windfola think about this? Is this possible and should we give this a try?

I would love to do this, and would like to see how many others would go for it as well. This would go a long way to building group skill on both sides. I do have to wonder how well it would work though. I cannot commit to any time to do because my schedule is inconsistent, but am interested for sure. I can two box to talk to both sides if need be.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]R6[/COLOR]-MIN Roscaron - [COLOR=#ffd700]Aragorn's Allies[/COLOR] - Officer
    [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-DEF [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WRG [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-BA [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WL [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-RVR [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-WVR - {Dead,Red,Bow,Boss,Blade,Web} meat
    [/CENTER]

I like your idea, and the fact that Rank 3 and below count as half a player, (depending on Aud) sounds cool. I'm not exact on where the Valley is, so next time I'm on my reaver, Gashap, if somebody could show me it that would be great. Unless you're talking about beneath the Isen OP in which case I know what you're talking about.

I'd gladly participate in something like this, sounds like a blast. The question of rank 3's counting as half a player is a little more confusing, but I agree that lower ranks should count for less. Maybe rank 5 is the cut off? Creeps are pretty squishy and useless until 5 in many cases and to be honest a rank 5 freep isn't much different than a rank 3. Just a further idea to your just an idea.
    [center][URL=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/Kyle_Bullock/media/ScreenShot00006_zps4850efd2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b567/Kyle_Bullock/ScreenShot00006_zps4850efd2.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

keep it small at first

I think in order for this idea to take off is that to get a kin that is active on both sides(got numbers) like DH, Imort or even war path to test this out. Start small(3-6 on each side), keep anything above rank 8-9 out in the beginning in order to keep it balanced and establish which ranks should count as 0.5 (maybe some should count as 1.5). When low ranks have tested this out successfully, they could invite higher ranks to join them.

As for location, crumb posted a map "moors map" in the forums. In that map if u look at S/W just above HH it says "Old Plains", that's where it is. It would b a great idea to move the 1vs1 there as motioned in other post and to promote GvG. I personally will give immunity(wont attack, unless attacked) to any creep I see up there to give this idea a chance(starting today). It would b great if we all agreed to this, we never use that part of the map.

This idea needs Support, I would appreciate it if veteran freeps/creeps weigh in on this idea or confirm their commitment(for better action) by agreeing to give immunity to this part of the map for 1v1 and hopefully GvG.

start small

I think in order for this idea to take off is that to get a kin that is active on both sides(got numbers) like DH, Imort or even war path to test this out. Start small(3-6 on each side), keep anything above rank 8-9 out in the beginning in order to keep it balanced and establish which ranks should count as 0.5 (maybe some should count as 1.5). When low ranks have tested this out successfully, they could invite higher ranks to join them.

As for location, crumb posted a map "moors map" in the forums. In that map if u look at S/W just above HH it says "Old Plains", that's where it is. It would b a great idea to move the 1vs1 there as motioned in other post and to promote GvG. I personally will give immunity(wont attack, unless attacked) to any creep I see up there to give this idea a chance(starting today). It would b great if we all agreed to this, we never use that part of the map.

This idea needs Support, I would appreciate it if veteran freeps/creeps weigh in on this idea or confirm their commitment(for better action) by agreeing to give immunity to this part of the map for 1v1 and hopefully GvG.

Quote Originally Posted by Adulla View Post

I think this is a great idea, if I see any freep near Old Plains I will also not attack them, unless attacked myself. I am in for 1v1s or GvGs here /petition signed.

I can head up that way more often to see whats going on sure.
    It will be tough to keep it going without dedicated rezzers. maybe i can keep a defiler/mini up there or something purely to supply rez's Since the rez circles are kinda far away for any side that isn't holding Lugz

It could be nice to give people a little taste of small group action but its just going to be basically the same as a 1v1 circle. Only on a slightly larger scale. We can see how it goes. Cant be worse than what we have going on lately but im not sure how many people are going to honour them.
    what sort of rules are you laying out for them or is it a play to win / play to overcome any CD they throw at you and learn ways to combat it and adapt to them.

Off topic:
    I know i haven't led creepside in a while and it was going great for creeps when i was. 15k + infamy gains daily for the few weeks i led isn't too shabby.
    However due to differences with people i stopped and i have put in my transfers for a few of my creeps to leave. Hopefully more people can lead creepside other than just following around the one person that isn't good at all at leading anything but a zerg or a retreat to the nearest rez.
    My Freeps and some of my lesser played creeps will hang around though.

Quote Originally Posted by PERQ View Post
    I can head up that way more often to see whats going on sure.
    It will be tough to keep it going without dedicated rezzers. maybe i can keep a defiler/mini up there or something purely to supply rez's Since the rez circles are kinda far away for any side that isn't holding Lugz

It could be nice to give people a little taste of small group action but its just going to be basically the same as a 1v1 circle. Only on a slightly larger scale. We can see how it goes. Cant be worse than what we have going on lately but im not sure how many people are going to honour them.
    what sort of rules are you laying out for them or is it a play to win / play to overcome any CD they throw at you and learn ways to combat it and adapt to them.

Off topic:
    I know i haven't led creepside in a while and it was going great for creeps when i was. 15k + infamy gains daily for the few weeks i led isn't too shabby.
    However due to differences with people i stopped and i have put in my transfers for a few of my creeps to leave. Hopefully more people can lead creepside other than just following around the one person that isn't good at all at leading anything but a zerg or a retreat to the nearest rez.
    My Freeps and some of my lesser played creeps will hang around though.

OH NO CRUM Don't go ....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001eb507/signature.png]Celestirrh[/charsig]
    Namaste .

This is an awesome Idea, and since I play both sides.. I like it even more .....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001eb507/signature.png]Celestirrh[/charsig]
    Namaste .

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanswoman View Post
    This is an awesome Idea, and since I play both sides.. I like it even more .....
    I might be renewing my sub soon, so if ya want will join you on the burg

Quote Originally Posted by Noldorlord777 View Post
    I might be renewing my sub soon, so if ya want will join you on the burg
    Sounds awesome . I have kinda not even been in the Moors , of late , and less , on my creep even . cya in game .
    Namaste .