We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Help] Graphics.. !

3 months ago i stopped playing LOTRO. I always played the game on ,, Very High ,,

Today I started playing LOTRO again, but I can´t becauce I have terrible Laggs and Freeze even on the Graphic level ,, Very Low ,,

Can someone explain me why i can´t play on ,, Very High ,, no more ?!

I have a DirectX 11 Version - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics - 32 BIT.

Sorry for my bad englisch I hope you can help me !

Quote Originally Posted by Fuusajin View Post
    3 months ago i stopped playing LOTRO. I always played the game on ,, Very High ,,

Today I started playing LOTRO again, but I can´t becauce I have terrible Laggs and Freeze even on the Graphic level ,, Very Low ,,

Can someone explain me why i can´t play on ,, Very High ,, no more ?!

I have a DirectX 11 Version - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics - 32 BIT.

Sorry for my bad englisch I hope you can help me !
    The HD 3200 Graphic is an on-board graphics chipset that is circa 2008. There is no way you could get acceptable FPS at the "very high" settings across the board. The 3200 was low end in 2008, and so should be able to play the game at the low end of the graphics settings.

Not to sound like a jerk but I dispute your claim of being able to play (with good frame rates I assume) previously at "very high" with this chipset.

edit: Oh and I'm pretty sure it is DX10 at most as DX 11 wasn't really out until late 2009.
    Last edited by danno8; Sep 04 2013 at 08:34 PM.

Im sorry to hear that you are among the many experiencing issue with graphics recently. What I can suggest for you to do, is go to

http://support.turbine.com and submit a ticket. They will be able to assist you within usually 3-5 Business days and have been very helpful in the past.

make sure when you submit a ticket you include your dxdiag (where and how to get this can be found on the tech support forums at the bottom of the list)

Also make sure you reply to the automated message Turbine auto-sends when you submit a ticket.

Hopefully they are able to resolve your issue and have you in game soon
    Welcome to Maitenance Mode
    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

And when the Devs make fun of how buggy it is in Bingo that should tell you something
    Peace Love and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by danno8 View Post
    The HD 3200 Graphic is an on-board graphics chipset that is circa 2008. There is no way you could get acceptable FPS at the "very high" settings across the board. The 3200 was low end in 2008, and so should be able to play the game at the low end of the graphics settings.

Not to sound like a jerk but I dispute your claim of being able to play (with good frame rates I assume) previously at "very high" with this chipset.

edit: Oh and I'm pretty sure it is DX10 at most as DX 11 wasn't really out until late 2009.
    So, i have too buy a PC with a better Graphic card to play LOTRO without laggs and freezes ?

So, i have too buy a PC with a better Graphic card to play LOTRO without laggs and freezes ?
    No, try what I said in the post above please first.
    Welcome to Maitenance Mode
    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

And when the Devs make fun of how buggy it is in Bingo that should tell you something
    Peace Love and Tacos

Found this in the tech support thread. Do nothing below with out backing up the userpreferences file just in case.

What solved my issue was GraphicsCore=OpenGL in the render section which is not listed on this fix list.

Thank you for your request. Please open the userpreferences file that is found in your Documents > The Lord of the Rings Online folder and within that file under the sectioned titled [Display] make the following changes:
    1.Change AllowFakeFullScreen=True to False
    2.Change SyncToRefresh=False to True
    3.Verify that the number following Resolution= matches your current Windows desktop resolution
    4.Change Antialiasing= to Disabled if set to 2x/4x etc. (e.g. Antialiasing=Disabled )
    5.Change AllowDesktopCompositing=False to True

Under the section titled [Render] change the GraphicsCore option to D3D9 (i.e. GraphicsCore=D3D9 ).

Under the section titled [Troubleshooting] change the MaximumFrameRate option to 57 (i.e. MaximumFrameRate=57 ).

Exit the file and choose yes when prompted to save changes prior to launching the game to test these settings.

Some additional settings changes can be made from the in game Options menu (Note that after making these additional adjustments you will be asked to restart the game client once more so that it can save/apply these changes):
    1.Under ADV Graphics disable the Player Mesh Combining setting.
    2.Lower the Player Crowd Quality Control slider to 0.
    3.Under Audio make sure that the selected sound playback setting is "Generic Software on..." and that Use EAX is disabled.
    4.Under the Troubleshoot section lower the Engine Speed setting to Medium.

Good luck

Not quite what I said. I said you should be able to play with "very low" settings. That also means turning off all post processing effects and other optional graphics that require a more powerful graphics card (not sure how many of these "very low" setting turns off).

By all means, try the suggestions of the other posters in the thread. Nothing to lose in trying to tweak your settings for best performance. Also keep in mind that Sapience himself has stated that Turbine is currently in the process of reviewing the minimum/recommended requirements for this game, due to the fact that it has changed so much in the last 6-7 years and requires more horsepower now than it did at launch.

Just keep in mind that the integrated graphics chipset you are trying to use was at the minimum system requirements in 2007, and well below the recommended system requirements. I would recommend being realistic in your performance expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by danno8 View Post
    Not quite what I said. I said you should be able to play with "very low" settings. That also means turning off all post processing effects and other optional graphics that require a more powerful graphics card (not sure how many of these "very low" setting turns off).

By all means, try the suggestions of the other posters in the thread. Nothing to lose in trying to tweak your settings for best performance. Also keep in mind that Sapience himself has stated that Turbine is currently in the process of reviewing the minimum/recommended requirements for this game, due to the fact that it has changed so much in the last 6-7 years and requires more horsepower now than it did at launch.

Just keep in mind that the integrated graphics chipset you are trying to use was at the minimum system requirements in 2007, and well below the recommended system requirements. I would recommend being realistic in your performance expectations.
    Hey, so i don´t have problems anymore. I tried the settings that scott posted, and i can play on High without laggs again (In bree i have to put the graphics on Middle) So thank you all for the answers ! And sorry for my bad englisch, i´am german but nobody tried to help me on the GER Forum.