We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation I want your little things! (little fixes that can improve the overall experience)

Starting this thread to throw out ideas of things that should work within the game but got overlooked or was just poorly planned and can be repaired. This is not for new content, buffs, nerfs, or anything like that. Just little things that would make the game more streamlined.

1) an option to click and apply an entire stack of reputation times...cause rclicking a 100 times in a row really sucks (show mercy to my fingers and mouse buttons)
    2) character select screen with more relevant information such as professions - forester, woodworker, etc...
    3) crafting window, each of the 3 tabs could open in it's own resizable window
    4) add the crying sound again for the emote /cry
    5) switching a piece of gear (i.e., rings, bracelets, etc..) a box or something pops ups asking which one to switch vs the current open character window and swapping out manually.
    6) more control over ingame voice chat...for all that is good - Volume control
    7) sub chests in the wardrobe chest for better sorting

Please add and maybe turbine can come in with a super-duper patch or series of patches to make this happen. Middle-earth can be saved with a few tweaks!
    Last edited by Ierian; Sep 05 2013 at 04:21 PM.

"Combine All" on the relics panel.

As far as the rep thing, if you Ctrl + Left click an item once, you can just spam your U key. Still takes a little while but less time and significantly less painful than mouse click spamming.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I would love a "reset" button on the AH menu. World of Warcraft is a game that I did not have much fun in, but they had that feature and it was nice.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    "Combine All" on the relics panel.

As far as the rep thing, if you Ctrl + Left click an item once, you can just spam your U key. Still takes a little while but less time and significantly less painful than mouse click spamming.
    I Like the idea of the Combine all button on the relics panel

also you can bind any item to a skill slot and use that skill button like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ierian View Post
    2) character select screen with more relevant information such as professions - forester, woodworker, etc...
    As a workaround, I add my own characters to my friends list. That way, I can remind myself of which of them is, for example, my cook and switch to the right one.

When crafting, let us draw down ingredients directly from vault stock, rather than having to run to the vault for dozens of little bits to make something.

- option to ignore naming popups on crafting crits
    - processing recipes for all crafting tiers
    - "... All" option for LI actions (identify, reforge, decon, refine, combine)
    - sort options for vendor window
    - being able to lock items in bags
    - being able to swap bags/bag contents (e.g. move everything from bag1 to bag5 and everything from bag5 to bag1)
    - make all non-gear items stackable
    - unify stack sizes to 50 (consumables) and 100 (relics, LI items, crafting mats, rep items, ...), removing the 5/10/20/... stacking sizes completely
    - fix aoe-skill-canceled-when-target-is-dead problem
    - add swift-travel options for all stable-routes (even if they're MC only)
    - option to avoid specific alerts (like LI level up) and/or revert the alert panel changes
    - easier access to house chests from crafting areas (e.g. two-way teleport with low cooldown or sth similar)
    - option to lock/unlock quickslot bars in the main UI
    - prevent Cappy Motivating speach without tact mit bonus from overwriting the version with tact mit bonus
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    also you can bind any item to a skill slot and use that skill button like mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    As a workaround, I add my own characters to my friends list. That way, I can remind myself of which of them is, for example, my cook and switch to the right one.
    Thanks for showing the workaround, however that is not the intent of this thread. The UI should be fluid and 'make sense' without the use of workarounds. The UI should enhance gameplay, not be detrimental to it.

Keep the ideas coming though...great stuff so far!

Stolen from another thread with the person who posted it (deserves credit and is a good idea)

Hucklebarry

Launcher - Remember Subscription
    The launcher currently does not remember the last account I used to log in. It defaults to one that has no toons on it (and therefore, one I never use) every time I relaunch the game. It remembers my last server, but not the account.

Ideally, I'd like to delete the account. It was a mistake as I did not know it would be tied to an existing account. But a nice alternative would be for it to simply remember the last account used.

Ability to save volume sets.

To hear people in groups I have to turn all sliders down (and not equally). Then after grouping, if I want to hear in game sounds, I have to readjust settings again.

2 saveable presets would be wonderful... single click to swap

Also, we need a custom color to our Friends name tags. (kinship blue, fellowship green, rollplaying white... friends need to stand out to). Ideally, this would be customizable, but a bare minimum is a different color for your friends list.

Ability to mix and choose the 3 professions of crafting instead of having 3 pre-grouped and chosen for you. Even though it is superficial, the ability to present more choice when choosing a path can only be a plus.

When someone trades with you, the items you receive should combine with existing stackables of the same type, the same way all other incoming inventory does.

Another great idea posted by BlancoFallowhide (give credit where it's due)

BlancoFallowhide

Graphics Setting Profiles

I find I have to tweak the graphics settings a lot to get something that won't crash, but still looks decent. When I'm in an instance, though, especially raids, I find it most effective to drop the graphics even lower. It's a pain in the tuckus to have to figure out where the settings were before and to get things back to "normal."

All this is to say that I would like to see graphics profiles in the options menu. I would like to be able to save my settings, change them for a raid, and go back to the saved setting.

Another great idea posted by YageerSilverscale (give credit where it is due)

YageerSilverscale

Arranging character panel to show percentage along with ratings
    In character panel you can now see Ratings and, by mousing over, you can check the relative %, plus more informaton.
    A small but helpful change would be to show % as well, without mouseover need. That would help a lot on testing / choosing equip or skills

Another great idea posted by Hiritier (give credit where it's due)

Hiritier

Please, no more bound to character decoration items
    It's really annoying when you have to log 5-6 characters to: step 1- clean the escrow, step 2 - buy new house, step 3 - put decoration items in the new house. Please change all the bound to character to bound to account in the next housing update.

Another great idea posted by Kalderic (give credit where it's due)

Kalderic

"destroy all" option for pending loot
    Currently we have the following option for our pending loot:
    - Loot
    - Loot all
    - Destroy

I would like to add a 'destroy all' option to this list.
    When both your bags and pending loot are filled up it is a pain to clean it out. the destroy option only lets you destroy one item or item-stack at a time. in the worst case you have to remove 50 items manually like this.
    with a destroy all button you can loot the worthwhile stuff first and then destroy the rest with one easy click.

I know that:
    1) You could go to a vendor, clear bags, do 'loot all' and clear bags again. This is however not how I want to spend my time. Especially when your pending loot contains a lot of worthless drops. Plus I often don't want to interrupt my adventuring to find a vendor.
    2) you can ignore the pending loot. This will leave you with removal notifications in your chatbox over the course of an hour, which I personally find annoying.

The way it is now is not the end of the world, but a 'destroy all' option would definitely improve the feature for me.

I posted this elsewhere, but it also seems to fit here. I collect lots of LIs that I can't use / don't need / don't want, and so I visit the Relic Master very frequently to get rid of them. It would be nice if 'deconstruct' were the default tab that opens first, when speaking with a Relic Master.

I would like a notebook in my character panel that all my characters on my server can read. It would be so nice to remember who needs what. I know there are plug ins but I really would like it to be part of the game.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Replying to your thread

I love anything that makes emotes better... I <3 emotes!

As for the rep thing I actually like clicking over and over again...but other do not so I think it`s a good idea...
    and I think that they should ALSO add a "Destroy all" thing in the Pending loot...maybe someone already said that in this thread if so I`m NOT copying you....I just didn`t read the the hole thing...lol

20. Great suggestions!
    Adding a couple others as well:
    --Storage specifically for housing items (wallpaper, music, decorations)
    --"Usable" sorting filter for recipe vendors (only see the unknown recipes)
    --Remove the limitation for "unique" tagged items from being in Shared Storage

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I would like a notebook in my character panel that all my characters on my server can read. It would be so nice to remember who needs what. I know there are plug ins but I really would like it to be part of the game.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=369

Even though you don't want a plugin, I can highly recommend. I use it for remembering what various toons are working on, what kinnies/friends ask for, Draigoch CJ order, paths and ports for ale/inn league travel quests, etc.

Multiple tabs, saving feature, shared across toons, great interface... very handy. Honestly, I can't imagine a way Turbine would improve it. They might be able to, but I really like the way this plugin works as is. I'm a purist as well, but this plugin is by far my favorite and I can't adventure without it

I`d love it if when not in combat they had there shield on there back...now I know this would kinda ruin the new Pre-order bonus for Helms deep seeing as you can get something like that but it`s just annoying always carrying my shield on my arm! I play a Warden AND guardian... as I guardian I basically only use two-handed weapons mainly because of this! I just think it would be fun... ALSO

I think that I think we should be able to turn off the SFX for SOME moves and not all... because as a Warden I LOVE seeing a contrail from my sword! but having a shield bubble when I do "Shield Up" is kinda tacky... it`d be great for SWTOR but not LOTRO so I think that`d be great!

Also I think Guardians should get LI shields and Minstrels should get LI instruments! I mean the shield IS the guardian! and a minstrel uses a instrument as his MAIN thingy!
    Also let champions use two LI weapons... add a few other cool things to classes like Wardens getting LI carving or what ever... that way you`d be able to chose between which LIs you`re going to get! ;D

Just my ideas... :3

Quote Originally Posted by ReadStar View Post
    Also I think Guardians should get LI shields and Minstrels should get LI instruments! I mean the shield IS the guardian! and a minstrel uses a instrument as his MAIN thingy!
    Also let champions use two LI weapons... add a few other cool things to classes like Wardens getting LI carving or what ever... that way you`d be able to chose between which LIs you`re going to get! ;D

Just my ideas... :3
    I agree with the first two. For the champ having 2 LI weapons, I think that is a balance issue. Short anecdote on the mini weapon being an li... it confuses at least some. I was kicked out of a raid because the leader didn't like my healing weapon. We heal from our book. My weapon had all the healing legacies it could have (this wasn't my first raid), but he saw a single pool B DPS legacy and freaked out. Now, you can't fix stupid, but I really like your suggestions. What most people don't understand is that our actual instrument has some very impressive bonuses based on roll and we switch that out instead of a second LI. (well, some of us )

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    - being able to lock items in bags
    I know this one is tricky but it is already possible:
    "Alt + left_click" to select the item
    Then "Ctrl + T" to lock it

Another couple "little things":

- making the forge master or the relic master able to trade X number of low xp rune into a bigger XP rune (es barter ten 1000xp rune for a 10.000xp rune)
    - making stacks of items up to 1000. -> Note that curently creeps can stack [Sun-touched Tailfeather] up to 400+ (and it's not really necessary) while you can't stack [Footman's Badges] or [Legs of Man] any more than 100 (and any creep knows how many you will just sell to the vendor due to this. Also comsumables are up to 50 max. Please note that creeps doesn't have vault so, at least, makes same things occupy only one slot

- Recently I found my valut full of 3 stack of the same objet (not any of them full) because one was BoA, one BoC and one unbound. There should be a way to make them occupy less space... let's hope.

- please add more expansion to shared storage aswell
    [IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7236/wbj9.jpg[/IMG]

Yageer Silverscale - R7 Man Champion
    Oruam Ratto - R11 Orc Defiler

The LM has 2 near identical icons. The one that counts fire skills to boost your next fire skill crit chance and the flank proc from staff sweep to grant power are difficult to tell apart (especially since they are under the portrait and very tiny)... something as simple as coloring the power one blue would be lovely

I find this kind of nitpicky... but I imagine the solution is even more trivial

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast