We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

HD Class Changes - Interesting...

This sounds like a good change for the moors - we'll see....

Q20: @osmihu Can you give some specific examples of specializations? #LOTRO
    A20: Jinjaah The hunter could choose between the bowmaster or huntsman. #LOTRO
    A20a: Huntsman has less range, but can induct on the move. #LOTRO
    A20b: Where the bowmaster has much greater range, but must plant his feet to deal damage. #LOTRO

Anyone else find interesting tid bits?

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellouhollia View Post
    This sounds like a good change for the moors - we'll see....

Q20: @osmihu Can you give some specific examples of specializations? #LOTRO
    A20: Jinjaah The hunter could choose between the bowmaster or huntsman. #LOTRO
    A20a: Huntsman has less range, but can induct on the move. #LOTRO
    A20b: Where the bowmaster has much greater range, but must plant his feet to deal damage. #LOTRO

Anyone else find interesting tid bits?

Good Hunting,

Ell
    I don't think anyone would take bowmaster unless bowmaster has increased damage.
    Paragon - Pyrrhic
    Ishlan R12 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Spider, Shilan R9 Defiler
    Blato (Mini), Ishlun (Capt), Shilan (Ward), (+4)

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    I don't think anyone would take bowmaster unless bowmaster has increased damage.
    Yeah Blato...range is rarely my problem against a Nalshi for example ;-)

Good Hunting,

Ell

ps - the other thing that is really cool actually is going to be Trait points...so glad to be able to redo/spend trait points as I wish...that will be pretty effin cool.
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Yeah Blato...range is rarely my problem against a Nalshi for example ;-)

Good Hunting,

Ell

ps - the other thing that is really cool actually is going to be Trait points...so glad to be able to redo/spend trait points as I wish...that will be pretty effin cool.
    I just hope you cant respec in the moors or make it only in GV,imagine a rk or mini insta switching from dps to heals ,that would be pretty op.
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    I just hope you cant respec in the moors or make it only in GV,imagine a rk or mini insta switching from dps to heals ,that would be pretty op.
    Q6: Laire: Will we be able to save different trait set-ups? If so, how many? #LOTRO
    A6: HoarseDev: Two set-ups to start. You can purchase more if you like. #LOTRO

Q12: Zombielord: Will retraiting still require our character visiting a bard/class trainer? (Hope not) #LOTRO
    A12: Jinjaah: Nope! Respeccing your trait tree can be done on the fly so long as you are out of combat. #LOTRO
    A12a: Deviled_Egg: The process is similar to how you re-trait in Mounted Combat #LOTRO

This means random 1 on 1 meetings with freeps will be a pain if you let them get out of combat for one second.
    Gear swapping apparently isn't enough. For raids this means (there is always time for single persons to get out of combat there) that freeps have a huge advantage unless creeps get the same treatment.
    Paragon - Pyrrhic
    Ishlan R12 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Spider, Shilan R9 Defiler
    Blato (Mini), Ishlun (Capt), Shilan (Ward), (+4)

Yeah - that is going to be a problem in the moors for sure...but...Creeps are getting Corruption set bonuses! (feel any better?)

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    Q6: Laire: Will we be able to save different trait set-ups? If so, how many? #LOTRO
    A6: HoarseDev: Two set-ups to start. You can purchase more if you like. #LOTRO

Q12: Zombielord: Will retraiting still require our character visiting a bard/class trainer? (Hope not) #LOTRO
    A12: Jinjaah: Nope! Respeccing your trait tree can be done on the fly so long as you are out of combat. #LOTRO
    A12a: Deviled_Egg: The process is similar to how you re-trait in Mounted Combat #LOTRO

This means random 1 on 1 meetings with freeps will be a pain if you let them get out of combat for one second.
    Gear swapping apparently isn't enough. For raids this means (there is always time for single persons to get out of combat there) that freeps have a huge advantage unless creeps get the same treatment.

Cool as in easier? I guess, change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing. I certainly don't recall a lot of clamoring for this but its not my game, im renting space here. I have a R10 Hunt, almost 11 ive had him for years now (you know me mostly as a creep). I think hunters are in a great place right now, cry of the hunter was an awesome addition for the moors hunter. I like the 5 blue 2 red set up and using improved fleetness, with hytbolt and the proc ring I can get past 3k agility out there and hit dam hard. Im leary of these changes, first because I like the current system its unique, its lotro. Second it seems like a simplification. The game has been dumbed down a lot this looks like its dumbing it down more. Third and most important, Im a moors player (when I get on) that's my end game. Mobile hunters with moderate to heavy DPS is going to be a handful if they have heals. Im sure the moors will continue to be simplified into those with the most numbers win the fight but still I hit a r13 defiler with a 12K heartseeker just two days ago with a 2600agi build. Hunters die and its a challenge to play them (for me anyway) same with warg, I don't want it to be any easier then it already is. Color me skeptical. Happy hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Cool as in easier? I guess, change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing. I certainly don't recall a lot of clamoring for this but its not my game, im renting space here. I have a R10 Hunt, almost 11 ive had him for years now (you know me mostly as a creep). I think hunters are in a great place right now, cry of the hunter was an awesome addition for the moors hunter. I like the 5 blue 2 red set up and using improved fleetness, with hytbolt and the proc ring I can get past 3k agility out there and hit dam hard. Im leary of these changes, first because I like the current system its unique, its lotro. Second it seems like a simplification. The game has been dumbed down a lot this looks like its dumbing it down more. Third and most important, Im a moors player (when I get on) that's my end game. Mobile hunters with moderate to heavy DPS is going to be a handful if they have heals. Im sure the moors will continue to be simplified into those with the most numbers win the fight but still I hit a r13 defiler with a 12K heartseeker just two days ago with a 2600agi build. Hunters die and its a challenge to play them (for me anyway) same with warg, I don't want it to be any easier then it already is. Color me skeptical. Happy hunting
    Heya Thor,

Yep I completely agree with most of what you say, however, I have all those trait points that went to traits I don't care about. Since deed grinding is the most boring thing in the world, I am very happy to do less of that (which I really do not enjoy in any way shape or form) and use the 'floating' trait points to cap the traits I would otherwise not be in the moors using, rather in Lothlorien singing to trees or some such nonsense to get that one trait capped, then on to the next trait, rinse and repeat...so easier - not the word I would use, I would call it more productive, and more rewarding.

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Last edited by Ellouhollia; Sep 07 2013 at 03:33 AM.

Heya Thor,

Yep I completely agree with most of what you say, however, I have all those trait points that went to traits I don't care about. Since deed grinding is the most boring thing in the world, I am very happy to do less of that (which I really do not enjoy in any way shape or form) and use the 'floating' trait points to cap the traits I would otherwise not be in the moors using, rather in Lothlorien singing to trees or some such nonsense to get that one trait capped, then on to the next trait, rinse and repeat (for 14,785,736 hours - I got 4 fully geared/ranked freeps...)...so easier - not the word I would use, I would call it more productive, and more rewarding.

Yes - LOTRO has dumbed down this game - I have simply accepted that - I no longer give two hoots, especially since certain community managers have told us PvP'rs where we stand (nowhere that influences their strategy). This is why you rarely see me on the same toon two days in a row...now I just roll out on whatever I want to rollout on...if it's beyond stupid, I go play BC3 or go to the bar and hunt for the opposite sex ;-)

Being passionate about this game and the forums has done nothing but anger me of late, and get me in trouble in this 'new world forum order' for speaking what I thought was truth (apparently it's not - and that's all I can say about lest I get more unwanted attention from the man behind the curtain).

So - I am just pointing out the fun stuff...or going out for a beer...meh...miss you btw....

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Im kind of in the same place with my play, I wax and wein between complete apathy and mild interest. Its about the people, ive been fortunate to hook up with some folks who are excellent players and have forced me to play better. I basically have to pay attention, no tabbing in and out, stopping to chat in TS etc. I think there will be positives with the changes but along with it comes the unchallenging nature of playing a toon. I recently leveled a LM, there was never a point I was worried about dying. Even on sloppy pulls I could defeat multiple on level mobs with ease. All that aside, I don't care if say the north downs is a bore its really the end game I play for. The moors is pretty silly, literally 3 hits on my warg and im down 10k+ morale. Im hopeful these changes allow for more solo/small group play but I doubting it. In terms of the new world order forum, its been more heavy handed as of late. This is part of the overall transition to the micro transaction, you don't need people who are passionate about the game, you need people who are going to consume the product. The man behind the curtain has a job to do, hes a soldier not a general. Anyway, It looks like change to make change nothing more. The current system wasn't broken, it could use some polish but it was functional, accepted and coveted (to a degree). This will dumb the classes down more, its good for business (think more f2p people) bad for the long term player who gives a ####. Don't worry about the attention, they don't care if you are here or not anyway, they care about your consumption don't fool yourself into thinking the relationship extends beyond that. See ya