We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Bounders tokens

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Oh yes. This MUST be a deeply set issue that's changing the active gameplay mechanics of the ettenmoors in a fashion by which ~1/3 of your factions utilities are useless for up to two minutes of active combat. How could I not realise this?
    Perfect comparison. Really? Mord brands versus a renown buff? That's your argument point?



    Sure it's valid. But it's still a waste of space. Answer this.
    How many combat advantages does this give your opponents?

    Rhetorical, it doesn't do ####. The rate at which someone else ranks up does not affect your gameplay in the slightest.

    Do all of you get this pissy towards the people that consistently make up to double/triple your daily gains?
    You're the one being pissy.

    It's cool that this issue isn't important to you. There are tons of things that aren't important to me. I don't go into the threads and call people names and try and minimize their concerns.

    The sad thing about this is it would be a simple fix to accommodate a niche group - creeps. It would be really good pr with little to no cost to turbine. However because it's a temporary event I doubt Turbine will be inclined to fix the error (I have to assume it's an error as the item actually has 'infamy' in it's name but is not able to provide an infamy boost).
    Purely~Scrumptious

  2. #27
    Lets not forget that to acquire these Renown/Infamy buffs the Freeps have to finish a personal deed of collecting 2500 Tokens, and a Server Deed of 1.75 Million Tokens, this has to be done to open the Barter Guy, and has to be done before the launch of Helms Deep.

    So to make it fair, Creeps would have to complete the same deeds, and before you start with `lower the numbers there are less of us/less area`s to farm` many Servers have fewer numbers than others, some will probably never achieve the server Deed.

    I think its only right that creeps have access to these Barter Items, but they must achieve the same goals as the Freeps to get them.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    You're the one being pissy.

    It's cool that this issue isn't important to you. There are tons of things that aren't important to me. I don't go into the threads and call people names and try and minimize their concerns.

    The sad thing about this is it would be a simple fix to accommodate a niche group - creeps. It would be really good pr with little to no cost to turbine. However because it's a temporary event I doubt Turbine will be inclined to fix the error (I have to assume it's an error as the item actually has 'infamy' in it's name but is not able to provide an infamy boost).
    Sorry, you're right. It is a grievous sin towards the creep community. Where's my pitchfork?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Sorry, you're right. It is a grievous sin towards the creep community. Where's my pitchfork?
    You're right in that I'm right. However I never said, nor even eluded to, this being a grievous sin. It's an error, or an oversight that impacts one side deferentially in a two-sided game.

    If you want to shout from the rooftops how grievous a sin it is - go for it.

    A better idea is to simply stay out of threads that don't interest you. There's a 5 page post about the non-adherence to the naming policy in the General Discussion forum. Go troll that one.
    Purely~Scrumptious

  5. #30
    Bounders tokens are there to HELP freepside factions, the mere fact that you can hand them in for comms on creepside is a bonus

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grothum
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by trollhardorgohome View Post
    Bounders tokens are there to HELP freepside factions, the mere fact that you can hand them in for comms on creepside is a bonus
    Right you are, Sir. Coz freeps need all the help they can get (+100% renown for shyte all tokens = massive renown.), we creeps should be thankful for what we get (20+ hours playtime over 3 days = 300 comms for me.) We munsters stand corrected and shall now bow out of this and leave the limelight to the froobs entirely, afterall you guys are the heroes, right? :P

    I feel sick to the bones knowing that casuals took over the MMO scene...I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Sep 08 2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Because I can!
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

  7. #32
    Turbine, I doubt it is so hard, so please give us the same buffs on creepside too. Make it a bit more expensive if needed, as freeps give a lot of their tokens to the bounders, but make them available. It would show that you care for the creep community, the one that makes freeps pay for your game(and we pay too.). Go ahead, surprise us, for once.
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN
    Loiosh - R13 WL | Paqk - R8 Spider | Magru - R7 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Once creeps submit 1,750,000 bounders tokens i would have no problem with them being able to buy the buff.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grothum
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    Once creeps submit 1,750,000 bounders tokens i would have no problem with them being able to buy the buff.
    Sure, give us the equivalent of the *censored* instance and a drop rate to match that of the froobs...or even better, get rid of the casual players pleasing mentality in this game and put a stop to the faceroll boredom of renown whoring ezmoders that's running rampant these days.
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Sep 25 2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Because I can!
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Creeps don't need more infamy buffs. Even if freeps full time used those buffs they still wouldn't get as much gain as us simply because we don't allow freeps to keep infamy buffs. With an extra 100% on my warleader I would net easily 20-30k infamy a day. Even on slow servers creeps just don't need to rank any faster.
    What is it? What do you smell?

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    Creeps don't need more infamy buffs. Even if freeps full time used those buffs they still wouldn't get as much gain as us simply because we don't allow freeps to keep infamy buffs. With an extra 100% on my warleader I would net easily 20-30k infamy a day. Even on slow servers creeps just don't need to rank any faster.
    That is your server's reality, assuming this is the case on every other one is a mistake. The problem is that bonuses like these exist at all, that only one side has access to them just makes it worse. Crafting tools, relic packs, 2nd age symbols, mounts, mid-range jewelry? these are all great things to have if the bonus is limited to freepside. The renown buffs should have no place in the store, and even less place in this event.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    That is your server's reality, assuming this is the case on every other one is a mistake. The problem is that bonuses like these exist at all, that only one side has access to them just makes it worse. Crafting tools, relic packs, 2nd age symbols, mounts, mid-range jewelry? these are all great things to have if the bonus is limited to freepside. The renown buffs should have no place in the store, and even less place in this event.
    I play on a few servers and on no server I play on do the creeps ever leave dof bonuses and keep bonuses to the freeps. They may steal them from time to time but on each server I play, I see creeps always having the upper hand in bonuses. In fact a lot of the time freeps have 0% reknown gain, including the server I freep on. If we are lucky we sporadically get the tree or drake for an hour or a keep for 10 minutes. The servers I creep on? Freeps are limited to 0% or 20% until we go to sleep and that's on a night we farm them at lugz/TR. Even if they had 200% they aren't getting near what we net as creeps.

    If your server is that bad that freeps have free reign over the map bonuses then you have a lot more to worry about than store items. Maybe spend less time on the forums crying about what the other side is getting.
    What is it? What do you smell?

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    I play on a few servers and on no server I play on do the creeps ever leave dof bonuses and keep bonuses to the freeps. They may steal them from time to time but on each server I play, I see creeps always having the upper hand in bonuses. In fact a lot of the time freeps have 0% reknown gain, including the server I freep on. If we are lucky we sporadically get the tree or drake for an hour or a keep for 10 minutes. The servers I creep on? Freeps are limited to 0% or 20% until we go to sleep and that's on a night we farm them at lugz/TR. Even if they had 200% they aren't getting near what we net as creeps.

    If your server is that bad that freeps have free reign over the map bonuses then you have a lot more to worry about than store items. Maybe spend less time on the forums crying about what the other side is getting.
    whether I freep, or creep, or both has nothing to do with it. some servers are creep dominated, some are freep dominated, and some tend towards some semblance of balance on the macro level, you assume (incorrectly) that what you experience on a couple servers is the reality everywhere, or that that imbalance justifies imbalance in kind on another aspect. This is no more flawed an argument than the one that balance between freeps and creeps should remain out of whack because creeps have more numbers, or more in combat rezzes, or the host of other silly arguments that have gone on attempting to justify the current state of affairs.

    98% of my server would probably identify me by my freep, not my creeps, btw.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    157
    How much longer will this bounder token thing go on for?
    Purely~Scrumptious

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post
    The item in question - exchange 135 tokens for 5 x 100%Infamy/renown boost (90 minutes)
    There is really no point in giving only one side a 100% ren/inf buff - The rank differences can become really high under certain circumstances which makes PvMP unbalanced.

    But i don't know why devs don't think about creeps when freeps get a fighting buff of any kind. They adjusted creeps to the teal geared freeps when RoR started. After some updates the freeps got gold gear and they grew into their maximum strength, but no changes were made to creeps besides the crit defense trait buff and base crit defense debuff. (Did they get bf promotion at the start of RoR or during the past few updates?)

    Can totally agree to the point mentioned about devs not caring enough about creeps - can't believe the Quick strikes trait on reaver still didn't get fixed... The bug was in this game since i started playing it.

    But then again, they did a adequate job trying to balance things out. Not really good or perfect, but something people "can" play.
    Ishlan R13 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Spider, Shilan R9 Defiler, (+2)
    Blato (Mini), Ishlun (Capt), Shilan (Ward), (+5)

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    whether I freep, or creep, or both has nothing to do with it. some servers are creep dominated, some are freep dominated, and some tend towards some semblance of balance on the macro level, you assume (incorrectly) that what you experience on a couple servers is the reality everywhere, or that that imbalance justifies imbalance in kind on another aspect. This is no more flawed an argument than the one that balance between freeps and creeps should remain out of whack because creeps have more numbers, or more in combat rezzes, or the host of other silly arguments that have gone on attempting to justify the current state of affairs.

    98% of my server would probably identify me by my freep, not my creeps, btw.
    It's not about balance of fighting but bonuses. There should be no crying when freeps just shouldn't be allowed to keep map bonuses.

    Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    I was raised to, and still do btw, to believe in the best in my fellow mankind, so I can only assume your trolling, since no one can be that daft. On that note: l2troll maggot. Trolling can be fun, but put some thought into it. Don't make it as obvious as this. A lil' effort can go a long way...

    Best of luck to you in your future endeavours as a troll. o/
    Truth isn't trolling, go back to your hole of mediocrity nobody.
    What is it? What do you smell?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grothum
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    Truth isn't trolling, go back to your hole of mediocrity nobody.
    The peen is strong in this one. Thanks for the laugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    It's not about balance of fighting but bonuses.
    That's a darn shame though, you showed such promise, but if you're adamant on not being a troll...

    Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    There should be no crying when freeps just shouldn't be allowed to keep map bonuses.
    and BOOM! You did it, pulled the rabbit right out of the hat! Well played. Not very subtle or anything, but darn nice trolling right there!
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Sep 26 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    I suck at playing a creep so I can only cry and use 5 year old internet one liners to hide my insecurities.
    That's what I thought.
    What is it? What do you smell?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    It's not about balance of fighting but bonuses. There should be no crying when freeps just shouldn't be allowed to keep map bonuses.



    Truth isn't trolling, go back to your hole of mediocrity nobody.
    To quote a wise man;
    "Troll harder maggot."
    Last edited by BirdofHermes; Sep 27 2013 at 08:24 AM.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,332
    after amassing over 3-4000 of these things I can sort of almost agree with the OP's post. I mean, the bonuses are pretty silly in general but you'd think an addition like this would be given to both sides. However being keenly aware of Turbines past with these sort of things, it's hardly surprising.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    Once creeps submit 1,750,000 bounders tokens i would have no problem with them being able to buy the buff.
    As long as tokens are bound to ACCOUNT not to "freep"/"creep" side you're wrong with your idea. We should get same buff as freep side but start from RoI Moors become more freep-minded with each update/expansion.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    326
    Simple solution guys, for all you box-thinkers out there.

    Once you start paying $15/month to play a Creep (Lifetime included because Turbine wants your money), you can start bartering Bounder's Tokens for +100% Infamy gain!

    I'm sure Turbine would never say no to that.




    OR you can just buy it in the store since it's not required to pay $15/month to PvP on a Creep.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,332
    actually they can also be bartered for a half-stack of TP potions at 90 tokens per go.

    nothing quite like the delicious soup of equality.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    I creep. I pay monthly.
    But you don't pay monthly to creep.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Why are (freeps) such idiots. We pay for account and many of us playing ONLY creep side. We pay for that or we paid once for LT status.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload