We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb no active lotteries? Timing issue?

Dear Turbine,

I come home from work or log in on the weekends and find everyday that there is no active lotteries.

Is this a timing issue? If so, please list for now on the time and dates of lotteries to be and have been for now on, thank you.

It appears I'm not the only one with this same issue of never being able to log in (bad timing?) and join an active lottery.

I hope this can be resolved and a past and present lotto list posted on the forums for all and not just me soon.

I appreciate your understanding in the matter for us players who can never join the current lotto setup due to timing issues.

Sincerely,

Founder player

The last lottery I saw was the Lottery of the Thing with Things. Most of these are down to 5 hours or so remaining when I log on in the evening, making me wonder when they were posted and what time limit was set on them. The old lotteries tended to go for as long as a week... these seem to be less than 24 hours.

Most of the lotteries that have been put up since forum revamp has been "test lotteries" that have only been running for an hour or two. I don't think there has been a single one that has been running for more than 24 hours.

There has not yet been any information about when (or even if) the lotteries will return to a more regular schedule.

active lotteries

Same issue here I'm in the UK and check regularly at 0800 then again about 1100 gmt .. i always also check some evenings at approx 2100-2300 gmt surely I'm not that unlucky that all lotteries are between 1200-2000 if so who decided to eliminate 70% of the Eu players ...

Lotteries are put up whenever they feel like, basically when they think about it and have time to create one. So we just have to keep checking.....

It would be nice if they setup e.g. 10 or so "standard" lotteries, and once a week on a random WEEKday one of 10 is randomly selected till all 10 are used, and you have 2 days to sign up. You'd still have to sign up yourself, and keep check when they roll, but at least you would know that sometime, once a week, there will be some lottery. They can add their own special lotteries at any time as well.

Would be nice to see a few lotteries this week
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    Most of the lotteries that have been put up since forum revamp has been "test lotteries" that have only been running for an hour or two. I don't think there has been a single one that has been running for more than 24 hours.

There has not yet been any information about when (or even if) the lotteries will return to a more regular schedule.
    There have been a few that ran for 3 days over a weekend.

Lotteries, unlike the game itself, arent' intended as an 'everyday' thing and what is likely to disappoint many is they most certainly aren't an 'everyone wins' thing either. More lotteries, of longer duration, will be coming, but they have always been intended as something you come to the site and discover and enter.

There has been actually. Sapience said that scheduled lotteries were never supposed to happen originally and that it wasn't likely they'd go back to them.

Oh, and look at that, Sapience beats me to the post anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

Lotteries, unlike the game itself, arent' intended as an 'everyday' thing and what is likely to disappoint many is they most certainly aren't an 'everyone wins' thing either. More lotteries, of longer duration, will be coming, but they have always been intended as something you come to the site and discover and enter.
    I check the site regularly to see if any lotteries are running and I've got the feeling that living in Europe and checking during Europe time (8am GMT till ~ 7pm GMT) there are less loteries then during american prime time. I guess you have to set them manually so I was wondering if both assumptions are correct.

And a whole other thing I began to wonder about when typing this, do you have to be logged in to see if there are any lotteries running?
    Server: Snowbourn

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 100

Quote Originally Posted by Thrabath View Post
    I check the site regularly to see if any lotteries are running and I've got the feeling that living in Europe and checking during Europe time (8am GMT till ~ 7pm GMT) there are less loteries then during american prime time.
    I've only managed to find one lottery in the past month, so I suspect they're still mostly running short-duration "test" lotteries.

I don't expect short-duration lotteries will be the norm once they're running regularly, because those will always exclude lots of people, depending on time-zone, access from work, etc. Running them for 24+ hours seems reasonable. Running them much shorter does not, IMO.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrabath View Post
    And a whole other thing I began to wonder about when typing this, do you have to be logged in to see if there are any lotteries running?
    No, you do not have to be logged in to see them. You can see them, and then log in to enter if one is up.

I check the lotteries daily (several times per day usually) for me and 2 other persons and I haven't seen a single one for weeks - for all 3 accounts.

It looks to me as if the old bugs are still there.

Who do I need to contact to make the accounts eligible again? And what info do I need to provide?

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Who do I need to contact to make the accounts eligible again? And what info do I need to provide?
    If a lottery is running, you can see it even if you're not logged in (it just doesn't show any characters in that case).

My understanding is that most of the ones they've run so far have been short - some as short as a single hour. These have to be more "tests" than anything, because it's downright silly to run a real lottery for just an hour when no small number of your customers won't even be awake, and tons of others will be unable to get to them while at work.

I've only seen 3 in the past month, and I've checked almost every day too. I'm apparently just not checking at the right time for the "test" ones.

Khafar

There were at least the following lotteries:

2013-08-06 Lottery of the things
    2013-08-07 Lottery of the Ball of Power
    2013-08-20 Lottery of the other things
    2013-08-20 A token Lottery
    2013-08-22 New Player Lottery

(from the winnings page, date is entry date of the winning character)

And one or two I've seen, but did not win.

Interpretation: You're kickin it with some pie while playing in Helm's Deep, aren't you.....

Is there an issue with Lotteries? I have not seen any since those:

Has there been any lottery at all since that time, that I may be missing maybe because I an on European timezone, or is it just that there have been no lotteries running at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Shali View Post
    Is there an issue with Lotteries? I have not seen any since those:

Has there been any lottery at all since that time, that I may be missing maybe because I an on European timezone, or is it just that there have been no lotteries running at all?
    There have been some lotteries since then. If you missed it was not so much because of your timezone as because you did not happen to check the lotteries during the hour or two they were active.

Checking the lotteries I have won there have been at least the following additional lotteries:
    2013-08-22 Wildermore Lottery
    2013-08-27 Test Lottery 77
    2013-08-27 Test Lottery 76
    2013-08-30 The lottery of things that are things in a lottery.

I have been checking several times daily every day since the Lotteries went back up.

There have been no significant Lotteries posted as yet.
    All the ones that have been posted have been either test lotteries or fluff type lotteries (no items of any significant use).

I have a feeling with the implementation of the Hobbit presents this is all we can now expect from the Lottery system.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Well, I have checked every day since they started up again and only ever discovered the very first one (I believe it was, anyway) and the farmer token one. Maybe you could put them up so they are there to discover in the evening? I guess they have all expired before I have gotten home from work to see.

There have been some lotteries since then. If you missed it was not so much because of your timezone as because you did not happen to check the lotteries during the hour or two they were active.

Checking the lotteries I have won there have been at least the following additional lotteries:
    2013-08-22 Wildermore Lottery
    2013-08-27 Test Lottery 77
    2013-08-27 Test Lottery 76
    2013-08-30 The lottery of things that are things in a lottery.
    So basically, if you aren't stalking their website, your chances of discovering a lottery are slim and none. OK, explains much, I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumi View Post
    So basically, if you aren't stalking their website, your chances of discovering a lottery are slim and none. OK, explains much, I won't bother.
    There has been no flow to the lotteries. 30th 27th 22nd, that's about it.

EDIT I don't really see why, perhaps it puts great stress on social site and mail system.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    There has been no flow to the lotteries. 30th 27th 22nd, that's about it.

EDIT I don't really see why, perhaps it puts great stress on social site and mail system.
    Now that things can sit in our mail for a month unopened, they may need to cut back on the amount of things they send out in bulk.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Not everyone. I wasn't.

Can I please suggest that the lottery site gets changed so we see EVERY lottery, also those we are not eligible for?

Not everyone. I wasn't.

Can I please suggest that the lottery site gets changed so we see EVERY lottery, also those we are not eligible for?

And also, lotteries should be on like once in the week, like lottery in real life.

Not everyone. I wasn't.

Isn't that exactly how it works with the new site? If the site says there's no active lottery, there literally is. no. active. lottery.

If the site says there's an active lottery, it show which one(s) of your characters are eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    Isn't that exactly how it works with the new site? If the site says there's no active lottery, there literally is. no. active. lottery.

If the site says there's an active lottery, it show which one(s) of your characters are eligible.
    I suspect he meant he'd love to see what lotteries he missed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast