We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any chance we'll get to see the West Rohan map anytime soon?

Now that information is being given. Do you think we will see a map of the Westemnet in the next few days, or if not, by the end of the week?

Smile

Hopefully and a better Helm's Deep.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000027615c/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Map or no, I hope the road to the Ford of Isen is clear so we can have a chicken run from the Shire to Edoras or better, to the gates of Dol Guldur.
    [center][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6524/m9jv.jpg[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Hutsten View Post
    Map or no, I hope the road to the Ford of Isen is clear so we can have a chicken run from the Shire to Edoras or better, to the gates of Dol Guldur.
    I think this hope will come true. Hopefully there won't be any loading screens from traveling from the Gap into Rohan. Also It seems like another way into Rhovanion from Eradior instead of going through Moria. I can't wait to ride from Bree to Edoras. It'll be more exciting when the road to Minas Tirith opens up.

On the screens which were shared yesterday by different websites there are also some of the ford of isen and it seems to me to be open without loading screen. And even with loading screen it would be at least a new possibility to get into Rhovanion I hope and for me it just has to be a way, an invisible border there wouldn't be great.

A problem could be the dfference of levels there, because Isengard ends up with 75 and I think at the Ford it was 73 or 74 while the new area will be at least 85+ and more like 88-92 I think. But maybe it could be solved with an area southern of the Ford where are no mobs which can attack players questing in Dunland who come accidently in the new regions, while they get warned with the common red writing of the area giving the hint that their level is too low for this region. So it would be their fault going to far into the region without recognizing the level intervall and get be killed or they are riscing it to catch a look at the new region at one's own risk.

The RoR maps were mostly unfinished/incomplete when RoR beta went live. I think there's quite a while to go before we see HD maps, finished versions.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    On the screens which were shared yesterday by different websites there are also some of the ford of isen and it seems to me to be open without loading screen. And even with loading screen it would be at least a new possibility to get into Rhovanion I hope and for me it just has to be a way, an invisible border there wouldn't be great.

A problem could be the dfference of levels there, because Isengard ends up with 75 and I think at the Ford it was 73 or 74 while the new area will be at least 85+ and more like 88-92 I think. But maybe it could be solved with an area southern of the Ford where are no mobs which can attack players questing in Dunland who come accidently in the new regions, while they get warned with the common red writing of the area giving the hint that their level is too low for this region. So it would be their fault going to far into the region without recognizing the level intervall and get be killed or they are riscing it to catch a look at the new region at one's own risk.
    There will be an invisible border. According to the makers of the terrain map plugin, Eriador and Rhovanion use two different coordinate systems. If you line up the east and west halves of the map at the fords of Isen, using the previously leaked West Rohan terrain map scaled and pasted into place with photoshop, the world does not line up right, and Lothlorien would sit on top of Moria. It will basically be like traveling between two continents in WoW. At least that is my conclusion, based on the fact Eriador and Rhovanion are two entirely separate maps.

Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    There will be an invisible border. According to the makers of the terrain map plugin, Eriador and Rhovanion use two different coordinate systems, and if you line up the regions at the fords of Isen, using the previously leaked terrain map scaled and pasted into place, the world does not line up right, and Loth would sit on top of Moria. It will basically be like traveling between two continents in WoW.
    ...all it would take is for them to put in some of those chicken portal-coups someplace.

Someone mentioned the possibility of more session play work right?

The real issue with the portal transition is the deed requirement. No epic treks on lowbies with deedgating.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    The RoR maps were mostly unfinished/incomplete when RoR beta went live. I think there's quite a while to go before we see HD maps, finished versions.
    Nobody has ever spoken about finished versions. Quoting a developer's common phrase: "Please note that all information is subject to change!"

But in general you can imagine how it will look like and aproximate their rough borders.

There will be an invisible border. According to the makers of the terrain map plugin, Eriador and Rhovanion use two different coordinate systems. If you line up the regions at the fords of Isen, using the previously leaked terrain map scaled and pasted into place with photoshop or picture editing program of your choice, the world does not line up right, and Lothlorien would sit on top of Moria. It will basically be like traveling between two continents in WoW.
    Good to know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    ...all it would take is for them to put in some of those chicken portal-coups someplace.

Someone mentioned the possibility of more session play work right?

I think, Sapience or a developer mentioned this in an earlier dev-chat months ago, right?

Actually, a chicken run from the Shire to Dol Guldur should be possible, you'll just get a loading screen at the Fords of Isen, and one traveling into Mirkwood, assuming you can use the boat to Mirkwood as a chicken.

Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

There will be an invisible border. According to the makers of the terrain map plugin, Eriador and Rhovanion use two different coordinate systems. If you line up the east and west halves of the map at the fords of Isen, using the previously leaked West Rohan terrain map scaled and pasted into place with photoshop, the world does not line up right, and Lothlorien would sit on top of Moria. It will basically be like traveling between two continents in WoW. At least that is my conclusion, based on the fact Eriador and Rhovanion are two entirely separate maps.
    I know I talk to myself quite often, but I'd sure like to meet the other makers of the TerrainMap plugin, I think they owe me back rent (TerrainMap and MoorMap are made by a single person, not a group )

Anyway, yes, Eriador and Rhovanion use two different coordinate systems, Eriador is region 1 and Rhovanion is region 2. You can simply type "/loc" in game to see this. However, while it might be slightly challenging, it is theoretically possible for the devs to pass off a character from a server in region 1 to a server in region 2 without a loading screen. It would definately present some issues as far as the threshold of when to hand off the player to the other server and how to keep other players visible when crossing the region border, issues that may not be worth the time and resources to resolve. Whether the maps line up nicely is another issue altogether.

As to the maps overlapping, Lothlorien does not sit on top of Moria in the terrain map even though the parchment maps might be slightly misleading. In fact, Lothlorien and Moria both exist in region 2 (Rhovanion) and can be seen to both exist side by side in TerrainMap. This used to also be visible in the on-line interactive map but that is no longer accessible. My guess is that there will be a minor disconnect, such as when travelling from Ered Luin to the Shire with the associated loading screen. I kind of hope I'm wrong and the devs work out the maps so that we can ride seemlessly between Eriador and Rhovanion but I'm not counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoing View Post
    I can't wait to ride from Bree to Edoras. It'll be more exciting when the road to Minas Tirith opens up.
    I would love to ride old Royal Road between Arnor and Gondor. Sadly there is gap between Bree-land and Enedwaith, but perhaps one day we get additional region to fully complete the road.

I hope there would not be loading screen between Eriador and Rhovanion. IIRC there is that gate (that is currently closed) in Ford of Isen that would make convient portal (and loading screen) placement.
    [IMG]http://s30.postimg.org/rq7lycf5d/sig_lotro.jpg[/IMG]