We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Beta

Beta

Do I need a second game client to play beta?

#1 . You need to get invited

#2. You will need a separate client downloaded and installed. It is the same one used throughout the year for testing other things, Bullroarer.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

If you are invited, first of all, you aren't allowed to say you are, and secondly, yes, you will need to download the Bullroarer client. The details of that would be in your invitation email, I would assume, or on the Bullroarer forums (which are usually at the bottom of the page on the forums list, though last year during RoR the moved them to the top, so this year, who knows).
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    If you are invited, first of all, you aren't allowed to say you are, and secondly, yes, you will need to download the Bullroarer client. The details of that would be in your invitation email, I would assume, or on the Bullroarer forums (which are usually at the bottom of the page on the forums list, though last year during RoR the moved them to the top, so this year, who knows).
    If you were to receive a beta invitation in your email ... keeping it all safely in the subjunctive here ... if it were like all the other invitations I have previously
    seen, it would include a button that you could click on to download the Bullroarer client if you didn't already have it.

The email would probably also indicate at what time and date you would be able to copy characters, if that were going to be possible for the upcoming
    beta, and instructions on how and when to do it. Finally, it would almost certainly contain an indication of when you would be able to log in.

So if, at some time in the future, you should receive a beta invitation, just read it carefully through, including everything about the NDA, and you'll be
    ready to go whenever Turbine is.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Once you have the bullroarer client never delete it as it will update just like the regular client, Mine is ready and I am just waiting to see if I get an invite to the beta or if I have to wait till I actually pre-order it again. Whichever way it happens is fine with me., just so long as I can play LOTRO I will be happy