We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this just a bug? (cant finish bounder's even deeds after the statue has been fixed

So, according to this post from a player of Vanya

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Well I play on Vanyar which already completed the statue, and the quest to turn in 50 tokens is no longer available.
    So yes, it appears you can't complete the deeds then anymore.

I don't know if this is on purpose, since the barter NPC that gets unlocked doesn't require any deeds completed. But I would rather have completed the deed on my other/former (whatever you want to call it) main character, I had enough tokens already but simply was too late for turning them in.
    If this is truth, it need to be fix ASAP!!! This even is supposed to last serveral months, and I also heard there will be more way to earn tokens in the farmer's fair, so I take it slowly and only got 2k tokens so far. I have 8 toons, and I want to have the bounder's steed on all of them. Now thanks to the eager farmers, I might cannot finish my deeds and cannot get the horse. Many other casual players (many of them are role-players, and to role-players, decoration items and colecting horses hobby mean a lot), who dont have time to grind also left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    So, according to this post from a player of Vanya

If this is truth, it need to be fix ASAP!!! This even is supposed to last serveral months, and I also heard there will be more way to earn tokens in the farmer's fair, so I take it slowly and only got 2k tokens so far. I have 8 toons, and I want to have the bounder's steed on all of them. Now thanks to the eager farmers, I might cannot finish my deeds and cannot get the horse. Many other casual players (many of them are role-players, and to role-players, decoration items and colecting horses hobby mean a lot), who dont have time to grind also left behind.

Do you really need to finish the deeds? As I understand it there are two vendors. One is available from start, but some of the stuff you can buy from him his gated by the deeds.
    The other vendor only opens up when the server as a whole has contributed enough, but he has lower prices, and (here is the important part I don't think any of his stuff is gated by the deeds.
    If I have understood things correctly then this would mean that once the server as a whole has turned in enough tokens you will be able the steed without finishing the deeds first.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    Do you really need to finish the deeds? As I understand it there are two vendors. One is available from start, but some of the stuff you can buy from him his gated by the deeds.
    The other vendor only opens up when the server as a whole has contributed enough, but he has lower prices, and (here is the important part I don't think any of his stuff is gated by the deeds.
    If I have understood things correctly then this would mean that once the server as a whole has turned in enough tokens you will be able the steed without finishing the deeds first.
    I see. Thats a relief.

My understanding is that the only thing you are locked out of is the deed. You will still be able to get the horse and anything from the vendor that starts trading once the statue is complete. What I'm not sure about is how much overlap there is between the two vendors, mostly because the only thing I care about is the horse.

Still not a fan that you can be locked out of the deed, but since I'm on Firefoot, I think I'll have plenty of time to complete 26 more turn ins. (Yay Firefoot, we rock... at least we aren't in dead last.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    My understanding is that the only thing you are locked out of is the deed.
    That is, however, going to seriously upset the OCD portion of the community.
    TANSTAAFL

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    That is, however, going to seriously upset the OCD portion of the community.
    Indeed, such as I.

Hopefully Sapience can talk the devs into allowing donations after reaching the goal. Because, let's be honest, what charity has said "We've met our goal, no more please!"? They're happy to get extra.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Has any of the affected players on Vanyar tried contacting a +GM or +GM+ to find out if this is WAI or a bug?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    As someone who really wants the title that comes with the tier 3 deed, yes, I really do need to finish the deeds to get that title. I've been worried about this, so I can't say I'm surprised. I'm on Landroval, and I'm only averaging 150 tokens a day. I haven't even completed the tier 2 deed yet. The chances of me finishing the tier 3 deed before my server finishes the donations isn't looking so good. I seriously hope this gets changed.

EdgeCaseed is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    This is, indeed, a bug. You should be able to continue turning in tokens to the Bounders after you've unlocked the Boon. We'll be fixing this at the same time as the other deed bug, where it isn't bestowing properly to low level characters.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    This is, indeed, a bug. You should be able to continue turning in tokens to the Bounders after you've unlocked the Boon. We'll be fixing this at the same time as the other deed bug, where it isn't bestowing properly to low level characters.
    Good to hear that. Thanks for the official response. Is there an ETA on the previous bug fix? I'm hesitant to start donating on my lowbies.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Can you talk to us about the recognition line from the development diary?

My level 18 donated like 400 tokens and the deeds didnt get updated.

Will I be able to buy the rewards after the server gets complets the total needed to fully restore the statue?

Quote Originally Posted by Overland View Post
    My level 18 donated like 400 tokens and the deeds didnt get updated.

Will I be able to buy the rewards after the server gets complets the total needed to fully restore the statue?
    once the server is complete, no deeds are required to barter for rewards.

Once the patch goes live, your deeds will be retroactively fixed as well =)

Hi Edge!

How is the statue going to recognize players? Should I continue submitting on one character only or is recognition account wide?

Thanks!

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Thank you so much for the response! This is a huge relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    once the server is complete, no deeds are required to barter for rewards.

Once the patch goes live, your deeds will be retroactively fixed as well =)
    Oh ty, i m happy i didnt waste my items then

Gonna save items for the universal toolkit before any deeds tho!

Well i have somewhat of a hard time believing this is a bug :P.
    But no matter why it's changed i'm glad i can come of the farming frenzy during playtime and get the tokens on a more relaxed pace again.
    Nothing here matters.

What deeds are you talking about?

So, errr... what deeds are you talking about? So far I've got one character who's donated 105 tokens (first quest 5 tokens and twice the second quest for 50 tokens), but I haven't seen any deed.
    I'm on Nimrodel, btw.
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Shriya View Post
    So, errr... what deeds are you talking about? So far I've got one character who's donated 105 tokens (first quest 5 tokens and twice the second quest for 50 tokens), but I haven't seen any deed.
    I'm on Nimrodel, btw.
    Is he low level ? There is still the bug where the deeds don't show up for low level characters(below 35 i think).
    Nothing here matters.

That's good to know, thank you.
    It would be quite unfair if the biggest grinders (who are not on vacation right now) are the only ones who get the title or the stuff from the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Is he low level ? There is still the bug where the deeds don't show up for low level characters(below 35 i think).
    Really? Than that's exact the problem, cause she's level 34, I think.... Hmmm... Maybe I leveled up to 35, but I'm not sure anymore.

Of course it's not good the deed doesn't show up until after a certain level. Does it get completed allthough you can't see it?

Really? Than that's exact the problem, cause she's level 34, I think.... Hmmm... Maybe I leveled up to 35, but I'm not sure anymore.

Of course it's not good the deed doesn't show up until after a certain level. Does it get completed allthough you can't see it?
    From what edgecase said it is still tracked in the background so the deeds will complete for you once they fix the bug.
    Nothing here matters.

Nice! I think I missed it somewhere that the deeds didn't show up until a certain level. Thanks for helping me with this!

ETA: Unfortunately it's not level 35, as my character is level 35 and I can't find a deed related to this event in her deed log. Mind you, I wouldn't have completed it yet, but still, I can't find an open deed either.

I hope they fix this soon!
    Last edited by Shriya; Sep 04 2013 at 06:11 AM.

hi

i just download the game and it's not playing at all

Nice! I think I missed it somewhere that the deeds didn't show up until a certain level. Thanks for helping me with this!

ETA: Unfortunately it's not level 35, as my character is level 35 and I can't find a deed related to this event in her deed log. Mind you, I wouldn't have completed it yet, but still, I can't find an open deed either.

I hope they fix this soon!
    Ok i remembered it wrong it was amlug that acknowledged it and it's level 45 lol

Here's the thread:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...29#post6890129
    Nothing here matters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast