We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lost connection to server

I am getting either disconnected at the last loading screen or when I leave/enter a building.
    Is anyone else having these problems?

What OS are you using? What kind of internet connection do you have? FYI, please look at the Tech Support Forum for questions like this. If you are using a 32 bit version of Windows and pingplotter or similar trace route programs are showing no issues with routing between you and Turbine; then try some of the methods listed here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...32-bit-Windows.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

The OS I am using is WIN 7 64bit. My Internet connection is DSL 16 Mbit. I have never had this problem before.
    I can now no longer log into LOTRO. I am stuck on the last loading screen. My character finished a quest in Garsfield, and after selecting talk to NPC, I disconnected. This character seems to be stuck in limbo.

I am so unhappy atm.

That seems to be a new one (to me at least). I would talk to account support, either via a ticket or a call. I'd ./bug report it as well (which can be done out of the game). Do you remember seeing any error messages?

Oh, do you have more than one account? If so, see if you can log in on another account. You could try to log in from another computer, if that's an option available to you, as well.

Good Luck (and I'd check the Tech Support Forum and the Knowledge Base)
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Solihar View Post
    I am getting either disconnected at the last loading screen or when I leave/enter a building.
    I never had this issue prior to Update 11.3. Ever since then, though, is another story.

Nothing had changed with my modem/router, computer, game settings, etc. Prior to the Sept 1-2 outage I had tried all the suggestions in the support forums and had no luck with any of them (user preferences, firewall, port forwarding, etc). I even tried uninstalling, nuking everything LotRO/Turbine related, and re-installing (through Steam). The only day that I *didn't* have this issue was yesterday after the servers came back up after the outage. Today I am right back to 'Losing connection' nearly every time I do something that requires a loading screen (leave/enter building, swift travel, etc). It is quite frustrating, to say the very least.
    ~ if you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'please', then I'll say 'no' because it is shorter than 'yes' ~

IMO DSL does not help. But yes, if I am in a busy place during peek server hours talking to any NPC or walking through any portal will cause a disconnect. When doing this my latency also jumps for ~30ms to 2000+ms before losing connection or lotro.exe stops responding. It has been hitting people off and on since U10.
    Last edited by Peresbert; Sep 24 2013 at 09:05 AM.

Connection issues

Game takes 3-4 times before connection becomes stable. Still getting cut after that. This has been happening the past 3 weeks on Imladris server. Hope it gets fixed soon. I have never experienced this before, especially being disconnected this often.

I am on DSL and my ISP has poor connection quality. That seems to matter. For me, SWTOR has *more* problems from my flaky connection than LoTRO does. Pingplotter really helps you see what's happening between you and whatever server you're connecting to. This past month seems to have been rough (I saw more backbone trouble and edge of network issues than I remember seeing) and Turbine's internal tweaking may have exacerbated it for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Solihar View Post

I have been playing this game for years...me and my husband, then for the past month this same thing happens... it seems like I get disconnected about every 5 to 10 minutes. After about the 4th or 5th time, I'm just too aggravated to play anymore. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but it had to have been at least a month, maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauleebar View Post
    I have been playing this game for years...me and my husband, then for the past month this same thing happens... it seems like I get disconnected about every 5 to 10 minutes. After about the 4th or 5th time, I'm just too aggravated to play anymore. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but it had to have been at least a month, maybe longer.
    After expansions every game has server issues. I was getting 400+ms latency and rubberbanding while in the Shire with a FPS rating of ~62. It's nice when you can stand in one spot and be constantly moving. With that said, some bugs will always arise once adding new code to the server. If you are disconnecting with a high FPS, it is more than likely a server issue or communication issue. Remember to reset your router and modem after a disconnect. If you are disconnecting with a fps lower than 40, it's more likely your computer having issues.

same thing is happening to me...been getting disconnected for the last hour...even rebooted my modem and that worked for like 5 mins then boom get dc'd...driving me nuts...:/

Quote Originally Posted by Droilin View Post
    same thing is happening to me...been getting disconnected for the last hour...even rebooted my modem and that worked for like 5 mins then boom get dc'd...driving me nuts...:/
    Been happening to quite a few people and odds are, it's on their end, not ours, considering how many people it's happening to. It could be weather in their are but I'm not sure how that would affect some people and not others. It's futile to try to get support to help. It's been somewhat quiet on Turbine's end with any news or updates on fixing this. I'm not sure what their plan is here.

It could be an infrastructural issue between you and them. There is a large winter storm hammering parts of the US and it could be affecting your routing path.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddrildun View Post
    Been happening to quite a few people and odds are, it's on their end, not ours, considering how many people it's happening to. It could be weather in their are but I'm not sure how that would affect some people and not others. It's futile to try to get support to help. It's been somewhat quiet on Turbine's end with any news or updates on fixing this. I'm not sure what their plan is here.
    Don't think its weather im in Charlotte NC its been beautiful, sunny 70's and it started happening to me Thursday nite. I read completely through the tech support, checked port forwarding, ping, packet loss etc. nothing on my end. I can play WoW, EQ, SWTOR, ROM, War Thunder and Payday with no problem as well as Steam games but Lotro since thursday especially in the Rohan Areas/Norcroft, sutcroft etc is super laggy and bad you get glued to ground quite a bit, Lot of people I know are getting it some arent tho so not sure what it is, as we are in different areas different ISP's and all have had no problems before but in past week horrible to the point of near impossible to play

Hi All,

Please check out my post here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...66#post7030366

I'm wondering if you all are using TWC as your ISP. Also post in that thread your ping plotter log. Instructions are in the thread above.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000001434a/01008/signature.png]Nimoxarion[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Arcunnus View Post
    Don't think its weather im in Charlotte NC its been beautiful, sunny 70's and it started happening to me Thursday nite. I read completely through the tech support, checked port forwarding, ping, packet loss etc. nothing on my end. I can play WoW, EQ, SWTOR, ROM, War Thunder and Payday with no problem as well as Steam games but Lotro since thursday especially in the Rohan Areas/Norcroft, sutcroft etc is super laggy and bad you get glued to ground quite a bit, Lot of people I know are getting it some arent tho so not sure what it is, as we are in different areas different ISP's and all have had no problems before but in past week horrible to the point of near impossible to play
    Same here...TWC in charlotte...from what im reading, i think it's a problem between TWC and LOTRO. I doubt anything we do on our end will fix it. Probably just have to wait and see what happens.