We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What level to solo Tomb of Elendil?

I have a hunter character, now level 51, that did the "Blade that was Broken" quest chain some time ago that culminates in the fellowship 'Tomb of Elendil' instance. That is, I did everything *but* the instance, since I knew trying to solo it at level 40 was a bad idea.

I've only done the instance once, with a level 85's assistance, so I'm looking for input on what level it would be possible for a hunter to solo it. I'm in no rush, I still have most of the Angmar epics and all of Moria to do, but I was just curious when it might make sense to try it.

Thanks for your assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas88 View Post
    I have a hunter character, now level 51, that did the "Blade that was Broken" quest chain some time ago that culminates in the fellowship 'Tomb of Elendil' instance. That is, I did everything *but* the instance, since I knew trying to solo it at level 40 was a bad idea.

I've only done the instance once, with a level 85's assistance, so I'm looking for input on what level it would be possible for a hunter to solo it. I'm in no rush, I still have most of the Angmar epics and all of Moria to do, but I was just curious when it might make sense to try it.

Thanks for your assistance!
    I don't really know at which level you can solo it, but personally I would not even think about trying to solo it before level 65 or so at the earliest.

That being said, why not try to find some other players that want to do that instance and do it as a fellowship?
    (Yeah, I know it is not always easy to find people to group with, but it can be quite fun when you do manage it.)

That's a pretty tough instance. I did it in an on-level group with my hunter, but only completed it thanks to a very kind level 75 warden tank (then the cap) who came to help our group out.

Thinking of the mechanics of the last boss, you may find it possible to duo it with a higher-level warden, champ, or guard well before you'll be able to solo it. The last boss is much easier to take down if you are shooting arrows at him from behind.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Personally I would not attempt to solo it with a hunter until at least level 75. Not sure you could do it even a 85 with a hunter by yourself. I have personally soloed it at level 65 with a Warden but I think it would be very difficult to solo with any other class until at least 75. There are just too many mobs.
    I have no signature

Thanks, guys, that's the kind of input I was looking for. To sum up, I should either wait 'til my hunter's a lot higher level, or get help.

I was hoping I might be able to solo it sooner, but I'm not terribly surprised, to be honest. I remember that there are a lot of mobs to kill before the boss.

Thanks again!

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I've tried soloing it as a hunter at 85 and failed right before the turtle died because I finally ran out of power and all my skills were on cooldown. He just keeps throwing baby tortoises against you to whittle you down.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

The final boss in this instance is hard to solo due to the constant stream of adds, esp. if like hunters you don't have good self-heals and/or defenses. Better find a warden/champ/guard/mini/lm to help you out.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more