We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sapience, cards can be held too closely to the vest.

Sapience, you had Massively in for a visit, gave them a tour and some Helm's Deep information, so surely it is time for some pre-order info and a slightly less tentative release date, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thefamilyosc View Post
    Sapience, you had Massively in for a visit, gave them a tour and some Helm's Deep information, so surely it is time for some pre-order info and a slightly less tentative release date, right?
    The phrase 'sat down with us' seems to get applied to a lot of preview sessions which took place with the interviewer connected to a private chat-stream (such as twitch), or beta client + chat.

As such there's no reason to believe that Massively was there for a visit. The only tour would have been content viewed.

I for one would not mind the pre-order info and release date being withheld for a while longer. After all, hopefully you are testing ALL of the content from 1 to 95 because of the nature of these new trait trees.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

With the closed beta starting within the week, it is safe to assume that some diaries or other details will be released this month, especially as Massively just published that article. And with the forum picture holding a few blank boxes left, it could be very soon, but it could also be far away. It's just impossible to tell for sure until the cards are finally played.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Didn't mean it literally, Crell. And while I would obviously like everything to be tested extensively, I would hope that some further information on a time-line would be forthcoming in the near future. They've gotten our attention with the dev chats and now this bit from massively, unless they really don't know(within a 1 month window, let's say sometime in December for funsies) when the release would be, I would think it would be incumbent upon them to take advantage of the attention to begin the official roll-out, starting with pre-order availability. I don't want a repeat of last year: the pre-order came too early, they made a launch commitment they couldn't meet, and it resulted in quite a bit of derision. That said, if they let Massively do this then they hopefully have a plan, and that plan should include maintaining and increasing the flow of information while our ears are still perked up.

Didn't mean it literally, Crell. And while I would obviously like everything to be tested extensively, I would hope that some further information on a time-line would be forthcoming in the near future.
    I do not want a repeat of the last 2 expansions where we have had features announced in the preliminary materials cut. Other documents used to make purchasing decisions containing errors. I would prefer these documents be accurate in their reflection of what it is we are to acquire. If that keeps them from releasing the pre-order info so be it. I also wonder how prudent it can be to announce anything more solid than the 'Fall 2013' they already gave us, given that beta testing only just started. Rohan I believe had an approximate 3 month beta and it didn't require the testing of nearly as wide a variety of content.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Remember when I said there was a plan for releasing information about Helm's Deep over time? Notice we've been releasing more and more Helm's Deep information over time?

It's almost like we have a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Remember when I said there was a plan for releasing information about Helm's Deep over time? Notice we've been releasing more and more Helm's Deep information over time?

My apologies, I didn't mean to state/imply there was no plan. Mainly getting a bit antsy. Entertain me! My game fund is burning a hold in my pocket, and Rome Total War II is calling my name. If you don't act soon I'll succumb to my poor impulse control, then buy HD when it comes, bugger my budget, miss my rent, sell a kidney on the black market, get a surgical infection, and die an ignominious death. Do you want that on your conscience?

My apologies, I didn't mean to state/imply there was no plan. Mainly getting a bit antsy. Entertain me! My game fund is burning a hold in my pocket, and Rome Total War II is calling my name. If you don't act soon I'll succumb to my poor impulse control, then buy HD when it comes, bugger my budget, miss my rent, sell a kidney on the black market, get a surgical infection, and die an ignominious death. Do you want that on your conscience?
    More info will be coming this week. What day it will be is the big question. I am hoping it's today cause I am sick of waiting.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

This should be Turbine's new corporate slogan.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Turbine, Powered by their plans.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by Iozeph View Post
    This should be Turbine's new corporate slogan.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Leafblade, Captain
    [IMG]http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/70969104/2532739[/IMG]

Almost fell off my chair laughing. Genuinely appreciate your succinct wit.

Keep in mind, Custer had a plan as well....

I don't know. Would you do it all like a boss?
    Info is coming. In fact you probably don't need to hold out too much longer. Certainly before the end of the month.

Things I can tell you..

• I have 6 of the 9 class dev diaries in hand for editing and translation and you will probably start seeing them roll out in the next few days.
    • You may have noticed several people violating their NDA by announcing hey got a beta invite. That should tell you something.
    • My September dry erase calendar looks like a box of rainbow colored markers had a gang fight and everyone lost (colors EVERYWHERE).
    • Massively got an early look, and they weren't the only ones.
    • Today is the last piece of our Helm's Deep artwork reveal.
    • I'll probably have a lot of Beta invites to give out very soon (so, be nice to me!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Datheor View Post
    Keep in mind, Custer had a plan as well....
    So did Crazy Horse.

I have 6 of the 9 class dev diaries in hand for editing and translation and you will probably start seeing them roll out in the next few days.
    Can I request that either the LM or captain dev diary go first? I see those two classes as the ones most likely to change (since they're the 'hybrid' classes) so I'm hoping to read at least one of those two early on, as I'm sure many others (many who don't even play those classes) probably wish to as well.

Of course by asking, I'm pretty sure I just knocked LM and captain to being the 8th and 9th dev diaries.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Can I request that either the LM or captain dev diary go first? I see those two classes as the ones most likely to change (since they're the 'hybrid' classes) so I'm hoping to read at least one of those two early on, as I'm sure many others (many who don't even play those classes) probably wish to as well.

Of course by asking, I'm pretty sure I just knocked LM and captain to being the 8th and 9th dev diaries.
    Alphabetical order.

Alphabetical order.
    can you rename warden to adventurer please?
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Alphabetical order.
    That puts captain second which makes me pretty happy, and burg first which I personally was also pretty curious about, so I think I can live with that. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for them.

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    can you rename warden to adventurer please?
    Only if captain gets to be called "Actual Adventurer". :P

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    That puts captain second which makes me pretty happy, and burg first which I personally was also pretty curious about, so I think I can live with that. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for them.

Only if captain gets to be called "Actual Adventurer". :P

Sure, right after we rename Hunter to Absolutely Awesome Actual Amazing Adventurer Among Adventurers.

Sure, right after we rename Hunter to Absolutely Awesome Actual Amazing Adventurer Among Adventurers.
    I'll take "Absolutely Amazing Adventurer" for 500!

Tank classes first, in alphabetical order, or else we might just start letting mobs through for funsies.

end of the month Sap? its only the 4th today

Alphabetical order.
    ...says the guy who grew up with a surname that falls in the first half of the alphabet.
    ./grumble ./mumble ./sulk

Okay, I'm done sulking for now. Bring on the Abbey Archivist Dev Diary (you renamed Loremaster, right?). We must placate the TinDragon!
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Tank classes first, in alphabetical order, or else we might just start letting mobs through for funsies.
    I could live with this. Captains do have a tanking line.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    Okay, I'm done sulking for now. Bring on the Abbey Archivist Dev Diary (you renamed Loremaster, right?). We must placate the TinDragon!
    I could live with this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandacil View Post
    end of the month Sap? its only the 4th today
    It's more than you knew yesterday, isn't it?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast