We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sigh.. this looks like as good a spot as any to say:

SIGH... HEY TURBINE... HOW ABOUT LETTING US SEE THE NEW (and filled out down to capstone) TRAIT TREES IN THE LOREMASTER (or, insert other class here) DEV DIARY?

(I was more than a little disappointed in that oversight on the Burgs.)

Multiple pets look great, however do u see the damage in the Picture 62 and 84.... seems extremly weak if it is lvl 95 especially if fully traited in blue.
    Insector Gadget - R15 weaver

I hope we can mix the trait lines like in the rift otherwise meh i don't like to stick with one line.

I have not seen any pictures in the released info on HD that have a passive, summoned/following you around pet behind the LM that was touring HD.

Did any of you?

Maybe pets will only be visible and active when used with a corresponding skill.

That would be very lonely.
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"]Turbine does not give out rewards based on the profit factor; because rewards must be earned by completing content.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ithrien View Post
    I have not seen any pictures in the released info on HD that have a passive, summoned/following you around pet behind the LM that was touring HD.

Did any of you?

Maybe pets will only be visible and active when used with a corresponding skill.

That would be very lonely.
    It's highly likely that "all" pets are tied to blue line as show in the picture in the thread and HD released image of the LM's tree as you can clearly see Eagle and Bear being early in the blue line.

Maybe if they hadn't turned off the HUD then maybe we can see more things instead of just pets.

There aren't any pets in any of the screenshots released to the gaming media, true, but I don't think we should infer from that that LM pets will only be visible in combat. I imagine the person taking the screenshots simply didn't think to summon a pet, or chose not to summon one, perhaps because it would have been a distraction from what the screenshots were intended to show, namely the landscape. Pets are an integral part of the identity of a loremaster, and I think most people, loremasters and non-loremasters alike, enjoy seeing LM pets running around the game. I can't think of any good reason to disable pets out of combat. In fact, many LMs begin combat with a pet attack, so it would be impractical to only have pets show up when combat begins.

I'm sure LMs who aren't traited into Keeper of Animals will still be able to use pets; again, pets are too integral to the LM class to gate them behind traits. I'm sure there will be pets that will require putting trait points into KOA, but really, that's not all that different from the way things work now. You have to devote a legendary trait slot to the eagle if you want to use it, and you have to trait deep into KOA to be able to use your bog lurker. Looking at that screenshot of the LM trait tree, it looks like it will basically work the same in Helm's Deep; you have to use trait points to unlock these two pets, but the other pets are available to everyone.

I don't think we should read anything into the fact that there are bears in a couple of the trait icons, just like we shouldn't infer from the fact that there's a picture of a bear on one of our current trait icons that you have to trait to be able to use the bear. I think they just decided to put pictures of pets on some of the trait icons because, you know, they affect our pets.

As for the idea that our pets won't have active skills anymore, or that they'll do way less DPS, I don't see any reason to think that. I think pets in Helm's Deep will probably be just the same as pets are now for people who don't trait KOA.

As for the multiple pet thing, it doesn't sound like people who trait KOA will be able to keep multiple pets out, and certainly not all seven pets, all the time. When I first saw the screenshot with all the pets out, I assumed it was a big single attack were all the pets ran out, smacked the enemy, and then disappeared. From that Gamespot quote, it sounds like we might be able to summon three pets and keep all three out for a little while... but note the word "temporarily." It will probably be a skill with a short duration and a longish cooldown... maybe one minute out of every five or two out of every ten or something.

But I'm not in beta, so this is all speculation. We should know more when the LM dev diary comes out in a couple of weeks.
    [color=#FF3366][b]A vote for Saruman is a vote for progress! Vote today![/color][/b]

Ugh, scepticism growing again. These are talent trees done wrong.

Tier 1 you get 2 possible choices. That's fairly limited, but ok, I guess it'll do.
    Tier 2 gives 3 choices, but if you don't like the first you're forced to spend extra on tier 1 to advance into tier 3.
    Tier 3 2 choices again. What if I don't like the first? The second will have me invest heavily into 1 and 2 again.
    Tier 4 same thing. 3 choices, one for 5 pts which I may end up disliking, corfing me to spend on lower tiers again.

How does this improve 'choice'? How does this improve customization? We'll all end up with the very same cookie-cutter builds. Is the NDA lifted so some beta-testers can explain further? I played "that other" MMO for several years and went cold-turkey on them after they limited trees to a mere 30 or so pts. We're playing an MMO, the type of game where customization is key. This is not customization.

I so wish I'm wrong about this whole talent tree debacle.

How about pvp. This new trees mean, Lore is still godmode or they nerf it to "now i have to learn play mode "???

Quote Originally Posted by Bazkanaggi View Post
    How about pvp. This new trees mean, Lore is still godmode or they nerf it to "now i have to learn play mode "???
    Actually blue line is still op as #### due to WL spamming + anti stun, have to wait for end game numbers to know if the red line is op too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Actually blue line is still op as #### due to WL spamming + anti stun, have to wait for end game numbers to know if the red line is op too.
    Sigh..either you are not in Beta, are spreading mis-information based on current build, and dont understand this is a thread speculating on changes ..

Or you are in Beta and you just violated the NDA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2