We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700

    Helm's Deep spoiler


    "Many class skills will be overhauled for the expansion, with different animations, faster animations, and even some replacement skills. Here the Lore-master demonstrates the Keeper of the Animals trait capstone skill, Sic 'Em. Basically, it's a dogpile of animals on top of your enemy. We can get behind that!"
    - Massively


    I can see Eagle, Raven, Bear, Lynx, Spirit of Nature. That white thing on the right may be a Sabretooth or a rock. The Bog Guardian is a ranged pet so likely out of the camera's view if it's there.



    Well, I like this one.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,866
    Interesting that they appear to be replacing the blue capstone with this. I wonder where the Bog-guardian will end up?

    Regardless, it certainly *looks* awesome. Provided our pets are actually made viable with the xpac.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

    Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Interesting that they appear to be replacing the blue capstone with this. I wonder where the Bog-guardian will end up?

    Regardless, it certainly *looks* awesome. Provided our pets are actually made viable with the xpac.
    There may be 2 blue capstones, looking at the red line it seems to have 2 red capstones. But it may just look like that. Could be that Boggy gets a non-capstone blue trait. I'm assuming that's where the Eagle went anyway.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    679
    I so want this to actually happen. /em crosses fingers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    So... new LM can summon more than 1 pet at a time? Well... good for afk farming deed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    incase you missed it



    looks like bog lurker is gated to blue, and eagle very early on.

    pet buff things will be passive?
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    Sic 'Em
    What I am afraid of
    • 1 pet alone will be weak
    • there will be no special active skills for pets (I know, many lms let them use on automatically, but I like when I can use them when I will)
    • there will be
      • incredable flank rate; or
      • every pet will have lowered flank rate
    • with 7 pets will be W,A,S,D and mouse enough for controlling the character
    • how to control them? Most probably I will not have choice to send e.g. bear at target A and lynx on target B, give order for tiger to stay on passive etc. (if yes, it would be great)


    I must say that I like idea with more pets, but not all of them. E.g., it would be nice to have for example two at once and maybe also two same at once. But let see how it will be in the end.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    SNIP
    GUYS. GUYS. GUYS!

    Look at the top trait on the far left tree. The one with the paw stepping in fire?
    Could that be a trait that changes our pets damage type to Fire?
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

    Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brandywine
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    What I am afraid of
    • 1 pet alone will be weak
    • there will be no special active skills for pets (I know, many lms let them use on automatically, but I like when I can use them when I will)
    • there will be
      • incredable flank rate; or
      • every pet will have lowered flank rate

    • with 7 pets will be W,A,S,D and mouse enough for controlling the character
    • how to control them? Most probably I will not have choice to send e.g. bear at target A and lynx on target B, give order for tiger to stay on passive etc. (if yes, it would be great)


    I must say that I like idea with more pets, but not all of them. E.g., it would be nice to have for example two at once and maybe also two same at once. But let see how it will be in the end.
    I wouldn't think that all pets would be available all the time. I think it's just this one skill: Sic 'em. And we wouldn't control the pets, the would just come out and attack as the animation for the skill, and then all pets (except your active pet) would disappear. That's my speculation anyway.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Middle-earth
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    I wouldn't think that all pets would be available all the time. I think it's just this one skill: Sic 'em. And we wouldn't control the pets, the would just come out and attack as the animation for the skill, and then all pets (except your active pet) would disappear. That's my speculation anyway.
    Hm, this sounds good, this would be fine. Maybe also something like "all your pets called for 30s" or similar, that it would be also fine. let´s see.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post


    GUYS. GUYS. GUYS!

    Look at the top trait on the far left tree. The one with the paw stepping in fire?
    Could that be a trait that changes our pets damage type to Fire?
    I think going off just a picture is still very random guess work. but I hope so. blue line really should make the bond between pet and LM much tighter.

    if we go off that, yellow line gets 3 slows? or there just bad place holders still...

    I am very curious about the red line... it looks like a tornado... why would it be a tornado... gust of wind gets epic buffed to summon tornado??? how epic would that be

    also, no sticky gourd? new image or now a basic skill?

    looks like yellow AND blue line have healing in now, so I think no heals in red LM.

    the legandary trait sword and staff is in red too.



    also, I suspect sic'em to just summon lodes of pets for a little while. not always. so just sic'em, get 5-7 pets come out for 20secs to do crazy flanks, debuffs and distraction (hopefully not the bear aggro thing) and then go away. I say that because the raven is on the other side.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I think going off just a picture is still very random guess work. but I hope so. blue line really should make the bond between pet and LM much tighter.

    if we go off that, yellow line gets 3 slows? or there just bad place holders still...

    I am very curious about the red line... it looks like a tornado... why would it be a tornado... gust of wind gets epic buffed to summon tornado??? how epic would that be

    also, no sticky gourd? new image or now a basic skill?

    looks like yellow AND blue line have healing in now, so I think no heals in red LM.

    the legandary trait sword and staff is in red too.



    also, I suspect sic'em to just summon lodes of pets for a little while. not always. so just sic'em, get 5-7 pets come out for 20secs to do crazy flanks, debuffs and distraction (hopefully not the bear aggro thing) and then go away. I say that because the raven is on the other side.
    True, I just got overexcited by the possibility. Having their damage type mirror ours would be a huge boost to their DPS(especially with the sticky tar/raven debuff). I'm pretty sure the yellow icons are still placeholders though.

    Tornado sounds awesome, would make us even more deserving of the term 'Lag Master'.

    As far as Sticky Guord goes, I think it's either the one above the tornado(seems fitting for a Legendary skill) or the one below the lightning hands. Again, only going off the images.

    Definitely agree that red is going to be much lower in survivability than we are now. Spamming Water-Lore probably won't be an option.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

    Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

  13. #13
    I'm really looking forward to a revamped Keeper of Animals traitline, but for the love of the lore, name this skill 'Call of The Wild' or something similar. 'Sic 'em' is just awful and against the lore of the class.

    I really hope it's just a 'work name'.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by MilgoEU View Post
    I'm really looking forward to a revamped Keeper of Animals traitline, but for the love of the lore, name this skill 'Call of The Wild' or something similar. 'Sic 'em' is just awful and against the lore of the class.

    I really hope it's just a 'work name'.
    If you're worried about the term being 'modern' then it really isn't. According to most dictionaries I've looked at it originates from the 19th century:
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/sick--2?q=sic+them#sick--2__8

    I could definitely see people like the Bree-landers using the term.
    Last edited by Nyrion; Sep 03 2013 at 02:33 PM.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

    Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    sic'em is also what rikku shouts in FFX-2 when she gets a bunch of dogs to attack the target.

    I like it tbh, it's playful. I wouldn't be surprised if there styling it more like radagast the brown now, making it crazy and funny. hope other skills follow suit and are playful for those who like to make a bond with there pet.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  16. #16
    I'm playing my elf lore-master since 2009, I've always imagined her as a seeker of ancient lore, invoker of the fury of nature, an animal friend who understands the speech of them, not shouting at them. I simply cant imagine running around and shouting like a ranger from GW2 or from any other game/universe. Sic'em just doesnt fit in the picture of an elf loremaster in Middle-Earth for me.

    Anyway i'm eagerly waiting for more info about the changes. Maybe I'll change my mind and learn to like it.

  17. #17
    If specializing red means no heals or cc/debuffs at all thats really really sad. As of now i would take solo on 6mans for the fun and challenge of it. I knew that its doable so i am having fun bringing them down one by one.

    In grp contents since CC/debuffing/healing is not much needed a red traited LM is a good choice coz he can throw a nice DPS and still do other things. If i wanna just DPS i would use my hunter -.-. Also just doin one job is boring, u could as well flag LM in basic difficulty class as well then.

    Ok nough with my whining some things that my tiny mind thinks are gonna be a little trouble.

    1) Since every time we will be retraiting we will be having new skills, what is gonna be happening to our quickslots??? We gonna have to drag and drop skills every single time???

    2) Say i have 3 tree specs unlocked.KoA/MoNF/AM. Will i be able to alt through them midfight? which means i can be throwing some heavy fire and then switch to healing spec for my waterlore or whatever, then go to cc and pawn down mobs and then go back to DPS???

    3) Exactly how much time and gold will it take me to go through and remaster all skills??? :P

    edit: an obvious mispell

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Pithrandir View Post
    1) Since every time we will be retraiting we will be having new skills, what is gonna be happening to our quickslots??? We gonna have to drag and drop skills every single time???
    rock said there is a slight system in place so it will remember each new skill and place it correctly in a nice order. however you might still need to move 1/2.

    2) Say i have 3 tree specs unlocked.KoA/MoNF/AM. Will i be able to alt through them midfight? which means i can be throwing some heavy fire and then switch to healing spec for my waterlore or whatever, then go to cc and pawn down mobs and then go back to DPS???
    I *think* we've been told it won't be able to be done in-combat. it'd be stupid if it could tbh. so don't hope for it. but you can swap anytime other wise, which I'm hoping won't be the same in moors. even re-traiting out of combat there, it might get silly with people running away just to retrait for Ez mode.

    3) Exactly how much time and gold will it take me to go through and remaster all skills??? :P
    OVER 9000!!!!

    apprantly it's just silver to respec. dunno who you pay it too... just throw it on the floor and learn new skills? weird...

    so not that much I'd say. on an adverage lore-master day, I'd say you might switched 3/4 times between debuffs and dps for instances. so maybe double/triple what your currently spending on re-traiting.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MilgoEU View Post
    I'm playing my elf lore-master since 2009, I've always imagined her as a seeker of ancient lore, invoker of the fury of nature, an animal friend who understands the speech of them, not shouting at them. I simply cant imagine running around and shouting like a ranger from GW2 or from any other game/universe. Sic'em just doesnt fit in the picture of an elf loremaster in Middle-Earth for me.

    Anyway i'm eagerly waiting for more info about the changes. Maybe I'll change my mind and learn to like it.
    Meh I care less of what the skill is call actually. Least I can still say "Sic'em boys!" every time I use it on my Woman Loremaster regardless of the name.

    Here are my thoughts on the skill though:

    -Doubt the pets are a part of the animation, picture shows the Uruk is stunned by Bear's bear hug unless the skill does everything all of your pets does.
    -Too much tasking to do unless you auto set the pets so it's likely a buff that replaces the in-combat pet summoning LMs have right now.
    -Probably a Legendary Blue Line passive as you can see that the blue line in the screen isn't capped all the way. So in theory, Passive legendary skills/passives are earned halfway through the tree.

    P.S.: Look to the Active Traits on the left bar and looks like the Bog Guardian is still blue line tied.
    Last edited by lioheart; Sep 04 2013 at 09:01 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    Probably a Legendary Blue Line passive as you can see that the blue line in the screen isn't capped all the way. So in theory, Passive legendary skills/passives are earned halfway through the tree.
    those are screenshots turbine sent to them, and a video which not many have used. that doesn't mean there connected.

    I know I said before don't look at the pictures too much, but look at the last picture in blue line. I would expect that to be the capstone. or at least a new skill and not exactly "legandary" as we really should be moving away from calling them that as they no longer exsist.

    Too much tasking to do unless you auto set the pets so it's likely a buff that replaces the in-combat pet summoning LMs have right now.
    I'd think it'll be like defiler flys. you summon them, but don't control them, either until they die or time out. so auto-attacking pets and probably only usable in combat.

    but I'd hope it won't dis-miss your own pet. that'll feel weird.

    P.S.: Look to the Active Traits on the left bar and looks like the Bog Guardian is still blue line tied.
    I suspect the bar at the left is set bonuses. so you can only get those in blue line and what you can earn changes each line. so eagle is also gated to blue line, but a red LM could get it if they choose by spending some points into the line.

    tbh, I don't mind at all about those pets being gated. there ok, but not essential. I just hope all the pets get much much better in blue line.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    55
    ´There's cross in mid of fire on red tree (i usually link crosses like that for healing), so could that be somekind of heal?
    Welmur - LM 85
    Willion - Burger 95

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Welmur View Post
    ´There's cross in mid of fire on red tree (i usually link crosses like that for healing), so could that be somekind of heal?
    "Wisdom Of the Council" is already associated with the red line. Using it 100 times gives the red trait "Awareness of Body". So maybe they decided to move WotC completely into the MoNF line.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    those are screenshots turbine sent to them, and a video which not many have used. that doesn't mean there connected.

    I know I said before don't look at the pictures too much, but look at the last picture in blue line. I would expect that to be the capstone. or at least a new skill and not exactly "legandary" as we really should be moving away from calling them that as they no longer exsist.
    Turbine did stated that each treeline will have a legendary capstone/skill at the end of each tree as well as passive when requirements are met but we likely won't know what those would be either from stat bonus to skills or buffs, we'll have to wait. The so whatever the skill/passive was it could had came from either.


    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I suspect the bar at the left is set bonuses.
    I did said active you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    tbh, I don't mind at all about those pets being gated. there ok, but not essential. I just hope all the pets get much much better in blue line.
    Yea, gating all pets to blue kinda gives the blue line's name a bit more fitting. This can also encourage LMs to go hybrid in blue either a bit for the pet or full hybrid.
    Pets are okay, they are used for many situations, however I still think the bear is the best.


    We'll have to be a little more patient to find out.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,693
    Don't know if any of you saw this but...

    The Keeper can summon not just one, but three companions to temporarily fight by his side
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/the...-deep-6414004/

    If that is true, it will mean that an LM can take advantage of their special abilities across 3 pets.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossbow View Post
    Don't know if any of you saw this but...



    http://www.gamespot.com/features/the...-deep-6414004/

    If that is true, it will mean that an LM can take advantage of their special abilities across 3 pets.
    Keyword was temporarily, so it might be a buff that allows you summon more then.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload