We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Forlaw Daily : Is There A Bug In This QUest?

I just started the Forlaw Daily town rebuilding quests recently. Seems familar.... a bit like Hytbold I would say.
    But yesterday I picked up a quest called High Knolls : An Occupied Road

Is it just me, or has anyne else had any trouble with this quest at all?
    It tells you to "defeat invaders on the north road."
    From this, it sounds like I'm searching for..... as usual.... orcs! Yes... those ugly beasts again.
    Seems we can never see the back of them in this game. They'll follow you.... aaaallllll the way to Mordor.

Anyway, so.... I appear to be having a small problem with this quest.
    Yesterday it felt like I'd gone around in a circle at least twice, and couldn't find one single orc located in the position marked on the map. :-/
    I ran past other little beasties around there, but not one single orc was ready to get its claws into me.
    I had a quick peek at Byre Tor (full of orcs) but didn't go inside as it didn't look as though 2 of them guarding the entrance was included on this quest.
    I proceeded to kill 1 of them too, but it didn't update the quest for me.

As usual, does anyone know if the related orcs have the quest info written in thier name titles aobove their heads?
    These types of daily quests are different from usual, and I'm not sure whether they do or not?

I just seem to have a problem finding them. Has anyone else had this problem with this quest, or just me?
    [IMG]http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Little_Missie/FerenitySignaturePortrait5.jpg[/IMG]

Other things count as enemies. I believe the grims do. Just kill everything you see and see what counts. Karakas counts for sure I know that.
    I HATE PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beastybunny View Post
    Other things count as enemies. I believe the grims do. Just kill everything you see and see what counts. Karakas counts for sure I know that.
    Yeah, i played this one yesterday, and killed only grims. Works perfectly. Kill enemies only in the zone marked in your map for the quest.
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Thumbs up

Aaahhh...... okay. Thank you for the very helpful replies.

I think I remember seeing a few grymms in the markerd area, but I was expecting the related enemies to have the quest info written in their name titles, and I didn't see this mentioned with the grymms. So evidently I was quite confused there. *Sigh!*

You guys have given me a better idea now anyway. Thanks again.

Edit : Just to note, as I mentioned in my first post, I also tried the orcs at Byre Tor and that didn't work for some reason.
    Byre Tor is also inside the coloured marked area on the map. (well part of it I guess) So I don't understand why killing the orcs there didn't work for this
    partticular quest. I'm quite confused about that one. Never mind I guess.
    Last edited by pppppppp; Oct 13 2013 at 07:27 AM.
    [IMG]http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Little_Missie/FerenitySignaturePortrait5.jpg[/IMG]

Hmmm.. I'm curious if that worked. I know there was at least one where I rode out to the designated area; and nothing worked. What i figured out was... you do not ride out to the area. You speak again with the quest giver to "travel now" to the quest instance. I think this High Knoll quest is one of those.

Depending on which NPC you got the quest from determines how it works.

The woman with the two children gives quests that you do in the general landscape. Like when she says to kill enemies in Balewood, you ride up there and just start killing. I tend to kill trolls since there is a slayer deed for them.

The man just south of her gives instanced quests. You get the quest then talk to him to be sent to an instance to complete the quest. The quest you mention sounds like the one from him where he sends you to an instanced area that has signature level mounted orcs in it. You kill 5 of them and then leave. When you talk to him after leaving the instance you get credit for completion.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

As Cavedweller and Jadowyn note, this quest is an instanced quest. When you receive the quest, talk to the NPC again and he will port you into an instance. Once inside, there are mounted orcs running along the road that you can kill.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cavedweller View Post
    Hmmm.. I'm curious if that worked. I know there was at least one where I rode out to the designated area; and nothing worked. What i figured out was... you do not ride out to the area. You speak again with the quest giver to "travel now" to the quest instance. I think this High Knoll quest is one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post
    Depending on which NPC you got the quest from determines how it works.

The woman with the two children gives quests that you do in the general landscape. Like when she says to kill enemies in Balewood, you ride up there and just start killing. I tend to kill trolls since there is a slayer deed for them.

The man just south of her gives instanced quests. You get the quest then talk to him to be sent to an instance to complete the quest. The quest you mention sounds like the one from him where he sends you to an instanced area that has signature level mounted orcs in it. You kill 5 of them and then leave. When you talk to him after leaving the instance you get credit for completion.

Oh my GOD! Thank you..... thank you and.... THRICE..... THANK YOU INDEED!

For the past hour I have just been riding around that marked area again, mindlessly kiling anything I see there, and getting absolutely no update from the quest!
    I was just about ready to smash my keyboard in annoyance, (not really, but I felt like that at least) when I came back here again to see if anyone else had posted anything in reply.

This quest is rather confuisng to me. :-/ But having just read your replies, I'm like..... Oh.... MY.... GOD! How on EARTH could I have missed that?! *hits head!*

You are both very right indeed! So having read your replies, I went back to Forlaw to check with the NPC, (as you stated, he's the one just opposite the woman with the 2 children) named Dudoc, (grooming a horse) and surely enough.... I had to click the quest with him to go into the instance.... hence the correct enemies for the quest waiting for me so I could complete the quest. And yes.... it's a mounted combat quest (with signature orc riders) too.

Thanks again for the help here guys! I could have been tearing my hair out by now (literally) if it wasn't for your advice!
    I just don't understand how I missed that it was an instance type. Glad I've got it done now thanks to you two! *puts 2 thumbs up at you*
    Last edited by pppppppp; Oct 13 2013 at 12:22 PM.