We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Doom of the North

So I think Doom of the North is my least favorite instance I have done. I've been soloing all of the epics and haven't had a single problem. In fact, I once even said that instances were too easy with the inspiration buff. I take that back. The first time I tried it, I spent a very long time going through Tham Something-that-I-can't-think-of-right-now. Didn't really have any problems. And then suddenly I find myself in a room where the angmarims just keep coming and coming and coming. And I die. So I tried again. Same thing. And then the third time, I get to that spot and I do just fine. I beat them all.

But then this wonderful little bug happens and my captain ends up stuck in combat mode. And I end up having to exit out of the instance because it wouldn't let me go on any further.

My reaction?

I think I died a little inside...

And I still have to beat the darn thing!
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Yet more tears from a solo player who, after expecting to complete an instance by face-rolling the keyboard, has had their world brought crashing down by a solitary failure. Instead of dusting him/her-self off and having another go the first course of action is to seek out the lotro forums and complain about how hard the game is and how the only enjoyable content is that where FAILURE IS NOT POSSIBLE. Just another fine example of why the game has become a pathetic solo fest over the past few years with devs pandering to the people who whine OMG its sooo hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    Yet more tears from a solo player who, after expecting to complete an instance by face-rolling the keyboard, has had their world brought crashing down by a solitary failure. Instead of dusting him/her-self off and having another go the first course of action is to seek out the lotro forums and complain about how hard the game is and how the only enjoyable content is that where FAILURE IS NOT POSSIBLE. Just another fine example of why the game has become a pathetic solo fest over the past few years with devs pandering to the people who whine OMG its sooo hard!
    May I suggest you actually READ the post you are complaining about since it didn't actually say anything like that.

Um...I actually said that I found most of the game easy. That instance was challenging. I died the first time. So I tried again. And died. And I tried a third time and got past it but then the instance bugged. So I took a break and came here to post about the irony of finally beating that bit only for it to bug (hence the silly gif of gollum). After I posted that I went back and beat the instance without any problem.

And I don't always play solo. I duo with my sister except she's not a fan of the epics (for some reason). So I do the epics by myself.

I may solo half the time, but I do not "face-roll" the keyboard.

And thank you ertr for taking the time to actually read my post!
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    Ah yet more tears from a forum poster who can't be bothered to read a post an comprehend it before slinging snide remarks at the OP.

To the original poster, try this link for some help.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!