We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Farming while doing farming?

New player here. So tonight I spent 3 hours working on my farming in Hobbiton. My eyes are quite bleary and I am ready for bed. All this time, I see one particular toon standing next to Olo Proudfoot NEVER moving. Never going to the work bench, never turning around. The npc Olo, is nice and close to the farmland as is this toon. The toon always plants once and then harvests. I watched the toon and he never hiccups or pauses in his routine.

This seems suspicious to me.

That is a bit odd, but not definitely cheating. However, most folks I know of that level via AFK farming don't bother to harvest. (You know, because they're AFK.) I'd report the character and let the mods sort it out.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

You can report them for using 3'rd party tool. GM might send them a tell to check if they're in front of the keyboard. If they arent there, they'll be banned.
    Last edited by Hiritier; Sep 03 2013 at 06:40 AM.

If I saw someone like that, I'd file a report for botting. If it's actually a person there, they'll answer when a GM sends a tell to them. Most likely it's a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    If I saw someone like that, I'd file a report for botting. If it's actually a person there, they'll answer when a GM sends a tell to them. Most likely it's a bot.
    I did the google/bing search, looked at FAQ on the lotro site and can't find the procedure for reporting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adisplayname View Post
    I did the google/bing search, looked at FAQ on the lotro site and can't find the procedure for reporting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    http://www.turbine.com/en/content/lo...ence-agreement

You may not develop, distribute or use any third party program designed to impact the Game experience, including without limitation software bots, cheats, hacks or any other software designed to provide a player with an advantage;
    As I said, you can report them for using 3'rd party tool. That's why GM will send that person a tell. If the player answer, then there is no evidence to ban him/her (even if he/she really use the bots). But if he/she doesnt, then he/she must be afk and using a software to control the character.