We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Confused over legacy tier upgrades

I have Minstrel and have been levelling multiple LI so I can decon them, then store the legacies so I can get a Second age DPS book & sword & a Healing book & club, all with the right legacies. I've managed to do that but now I want to upgrade the tiers of some of the legacies.

I thought if I carry on levelling other LI then decon them for one high level tier legacy I could swap that it with a lower but I just found that's a waste of time after levelling a 75 songbook with a tier 5 legacy but after Decon it says it will replace any major tier legacy with a tier 2 Raise the spirit etc

trying to read the online guides half of the links are missing now and after the last hour of ploughing through the forums I am more confused than ever, best thing I can see I can do is make crafted relics, then refine them to earn shards, then spend this on Scrolls to upgrade the legacies..

Any advice? (simple) if I have 4 maxed out LI is there any point in levelling other LI to decon?

I hope that makes sense, appreciate any feedback, really Turbine should put up some tutorial videos for a lot of this stuff..what a waste of time for everyone trying to find out how to actually use these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomthor View Post
    I thought if I carry on levelling other LI then decon them for one high level tier legacy I could swap that it with a lower but I just found that's a waste of time after levelling a 75 songbook with a tier 5 legacy but after Decon it says it will replace any major tier legacy with a tier 2 Raise the spirit etc
    Legacy scrolls will always replace the Legacy with one that's Tier 2.

To improve the Tier, either hope that Legacy gets an upgrade at lvl 40, 50, 60 and/or 70. Or, use a level appropriate Scroll of Empowerment.
    Any advice? (simple) if I have 4 maxed out LI is there any point in levelling other LI to decon?
    Item Exp runes and Relics, and to feel like you're still getting some exp from kills once you've capped your level.

iirc, generally it's recommended that you decon an LI at either lvl 11 or 31, for most efficient Runes/Relics for the exp given to the LI.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Legacy scrolls will always replace the Legacy with one that's Tier 2.

To improve the Tier, either hope that Legacy gets an upgrade at lvl 40, 50, 60 and/or 70. Or, use a level appropriate Scroll of Empowerment.

Item Exp runes and Relics, and to feel like you're still getting some exp from kills once you've capped your level.

iirc, generally it's recommended that you decon an LI at either lvl 11 or 31, for most efficient Runes/Relics for the exp given to the LI.
    Thanks for the quick feedback, OK I'll concentrate on getting scrolls..I have just got my war steed so got all the bridles to learn now

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Or max level (60) for LIs requiring you to be 76 or higher.
    Last edited by TinDragon; Sep 02 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Or 60, for LIs greater than either required level 66 or 76, I don't remember which.
    It's 76.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    It's 76.
    Thanks. Edited my post to reflect that.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    It's 76.
    Though I am pretty sure that U6 already made 66+ legendaries give better results when deconstructing at 60 compared to 31, but I'm not sure whether the IXP runes you get make leveling to 60 as worthwile as 76+ items.

Anyway, at level 85, you get so much item XP that you can deconstruct 3rd age LIs frequently, and if you don't need the relics anymore just refine them and use the shards for scrolls of empowerment. Since refining frequently gives a few thousand IXP too, burning through a dozen LIs doesn't really take that long even without all the abundant 42k and 50k runes from instances.