We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Suggestion: an auto-combine-all option when combining relics

When you've gone a while and your T1 relic forging looks something like this:
    Bronze setting of will: 121
    Bronze setting of might: 133
    Bronze setting of morale: 108

I must have over 1000 to combine in T1 alone, let alone T2/3/4/5/6...

It would be AWESOME as an option to include an autocombine-all so that you can nail an entire tier at once. Like with crafting, you're giving up your option to crit on each and every combine, but at least that way you don't have to auto-combine for 25 min. across your levels.

Just my 2 cents.
    [url="http://oldtimersguild.com"] Old Timers Guild - All of the fun - None of the drama [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by jnmoriginpoint View Post
    It would be AWESOME as an option to include an autocombine-all so that you can nail an entire tier at once.
    Indeed, auto-combining takes a lot of time. My current strategy is to keep at least 10 relics of each kind of each tier, so I always can find any relic that I need any time (not that I already have got enough high-tier relics ). Still I could use combine-all option on low-tier relics just fine.

There as several other threads open atm about this same theme.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

I should have taken the screenshot while I had it open... There is no way I'm getting 1000+ T1 relics combined in one sitting. I've been grinding Moria instance deeds for traits and TP recently, so I had a ton of Khuzdul tablets. I turned them all in for relics, then regretted it when I found 110 T1 relics in my inventory. Now, I'm regretting it even more. And the part that makes it even more annoying, is the last time I had the problem was with about 50 fused bronze relics... it took me about a month to auto combine them all, and I only got about 3 T9 relics out of that lot.
    Gimli's First Law of "Let's go!"

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elym View Post
    I should have taken the screenshot while I had it open... There is no way I'm getting 1000+ T1 relics combined in one sitting. I've been grinding Moria instance deeds for traits and TP recently, so I had a ton of Khuzdul tablets. I turned them all in for relics, then regretted it when I found 110 T1 relics in my inventory. Now, I'm regretting it even more. And the part that makes it even more annoying, is the last time I had the problem was with about 50 fused bronze relics... it took me about a month to auto combine them all, and I only got about 3 T9 relics out of that lot.
    Trust me.. combining is much less a pain than refining.... at least you only need to click the same spot over and over again 200 times for T1, then ~100times for T2, then ~50 time for T3, and ~20 times for T4....
    When you refine, you would need to click on the relic you want to refine, then click on refine, then click close... (usually to save the amount of mouse movement, i would drage the output result dialog so that the close button hovers over the refine button)... if you repeat that 5000 times, that would be the number of clicks i would need to do to shard my T5 and T6 relics (the most efficient time to refine relics for shards).

P/s.. if you want T9 relics, the easiest way to do that is to decon your lvl 76+ LIs at LI level 60(max level), and you would recieve 1-3 Tier 7 relics, ~5 Tier 6s.. and then proceed to combine them to T9s.. (and T9 are kinda meh.... the true relics are much better, which is why i need 50k shards every time i decided to make a new permanent LI), typically, every 2 LIs would give you enough relics to make a T9. and it's quite easy to chain decon them.. (when you decom a max LI lvl, level 76+ LI, you also normally get a LI xp rune worth 830k-960k, just 230k-100k short of max level)) (and you would get a #### load of 8k-15k xp runes if you sharded thousands of T5 and T6 relics)

p/s/s (50 bronze relics is not really a lot.. i have exchanged 100 khuzduls for 200 bronze relics and combined and sharded all of them in 1 sitting.. took me an hour.. (the combining of 3k+ T1 relics to 400 T5s took me less than 15 minutes) it's definitely annoying, but it's doable.. so.. you should be able to get it done with in under 15 minutes if all you do is just click on auto-combine over and over again (and you already did it 25 times by spam clicking on barter with your khuzduls)

now if they would give met that refine all button... I would stop making jokes about the number of "Stings", "Orcrists", "Glamdring" and "Andurils" i have made into fragments and shards...

also just incase you didn't know this already, "Enter" doubles as an "Ok"/"Yes" that's how you can keep clicking at the same spot
    Last edited by jaecynt; Sep 04 2013 at 06:44 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001da17c/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jaecynt View Post

also just incase you didn't know this already, "Enter" doubles as an "Ok"/"Yes" that's how you can keep clicking at the same spot
    THAT'S why it takes you less time than it takes me! I hadn't realized that "Enter" could be used that way. I was doing all the extra clicking and mouse moving, thus greatly increasing the amount of time (and pain) required to forge all those relics.

And thanks for the comment on refining--I had forgotten it existed. >.<

Yes, I realize this is a double post. However, I have two reasons for doing this.

1) I want to second jaecynt's request for auto refine all as well as auto combine all. That, or at least let us combine/refine in stacks of 100 relics. Refining 1000+ T1 relics (or forging them all) will either take forever, or leave me with a repetitive motion injury (yes, I've had them before. That's where a muscle makes the same motion so many times that it begins to hurt and refuses to do it any more. They are not fun. :|)

2) I wanted to ensure that more people interested in the Legendary item system (especially devs :P) would have a chance to see this thread (bumping, I believe it's called?).