We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How will the Bounder's recognition display work?

The Bounder's Bounty dev diary includes this snippet:

When the Bounder’s fundraising goals are completed in full, the Bounders will also take some of the proceeds to upgrade the statue in Michel Delving. This will stand for years to come as a commemoration of your accomplishment and as a testament to the Bounders’ resolve. The statue will be under construction for some amount of time in the future, but when it completes you’ll find that it will display in perpetuity all those who worked hardest at helping the Bounders with their endeavor.
    Basically I am wondering if this is per character, per account, or per individual (those 6-boxing people, for instance). The reason I ask is because I got tier 3 completed on one character, but I am wondering if I can do up to tier three on other characters or if it would be better to just submit tokens through one character to keep that character's submission count high.

Any sort of clarification on this would be great, especially since (as of this posting) one server is about to finish the statue.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I would venture a guess and say it's going to be per Character Turn in... so if you want to see your name up there.. just make sure that char is turning them all in.. (I would not ever guess at how many one would have to turn into to get to the top 3)
    “Denn die Todten reiten Schnell. (For the dead travel fast)” Bram Stoker, Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    I would venture a guess and say it's going to be per Character Turn in... so if you want to see your name up there.. just make sure that char is turning them all in.. (I would not ever guess at how many one would have to turn into to get to the top 3)
    I doubt they can do 'per individual'. 'Per Account' is the closest they can reliably verify.

That said, I'd like an idea of what form this will take, and how many 'recognition slots' are on each world. Vanyar's already won the race so it's time to start telling us about this =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Hoping it's just an account bound title per account that donated the most. Mentioned in another thread that I don't want to see non-lore names like Batmanofwar or Cupcakekiller listed on an IG plaque of somesort.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

After reading about the fact that you can't turn in the aiding quest anymore on Vanyar I wonder if the T3 title is all there is. In which case, there's very little incentive for players to continue once they've acquired the T3 title.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I doubt they can do 'per individual'. 'Per Account' is the closest they can reliably verify.

That said, I'd like an idea of what form this will take, and how many 'recognition slots' are on each world. Vanyar's already won the race so it's time to start telling us about this =)
    Actually I see it the other way around.
    'per account' is more difficult to implemant than 'per character'.

I don't care if my name will show up there or not, I want to complete the deed and buy the horse

The way I read the dev diary is that after the event is complete i.e. Helm's Deep launches only people who contributed to the statue will be able to see it (via phasing) while those who did not contribute will not see it...I have no idea what the minimum requirement will be... I guess it could be anywhere from having just completed the initial quest to having done the T3 deed.

Blue post would be nice!

How it'll work? Like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Statue Plaque

The Bounders and the Mayor of Michel Delving wish to thank these most respectable farmers for there ceaseless contribution to the ######## of this magnificent statue:

Highest respectable farmer: X
    Highly respectable farmer: Y
    Honorably mentioned farmer: Z

(couldn't resist, now let's have that screenshot allright!)

(edit: yes, the plaque will have a word on it that like ####-a-leekie soup shall not pass! the profanity filter. guess which one...)
    Last edited by Rainothon; Sep 03 2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: profanity filter

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    How it'll work? Like this:

(couldn't resist, now let's have that screenshot allright!)

(edit: yes, the plaque will have a word on it that like ####-a-leekie soup shall not pass! the profanity filter. guess which one...)
    Bahahaha! +1 Invisi-rep.
    [center] [b]|Faewyrn|[/b]|Captain of Rhûn||95| |Agala||Warden of Snowbourn||85| |Saelila||Huntress of Mirkwood||85| |Orronn||Champion of Women||80| [/center]
    [center] Leader of Randirheim: The Wanderer's Home on Landroval. [/center]
    [center] I BOOP YOUR NOSE. BOOP! [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    The way I read the dev diary is that after the event is complete i.e. Helm's Deep launches only people who contributed to the statue will be able to see it (via phasing) while those who did not contribute will not see it...I have no idea what the minimum requirement will be... I guess it could be anywhere from having just completed the initial quest to having done the T3 deed.

Blue post would be nice!
    If so, this is a bit discouraging for those of us who have not been able to take the time to farm tokens.
    Silverlode refugee

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Actually I see it the other way around.
    'per account' is more difficult to implemant than 'per character'
    Difficulty from least to greatest:
    Per character->Per Account->Per Individual

I'm saying, there's utterly no chance that people running multiple accounts will have all of their progress compiled together. It'd make no sense to.

I doubt it would be per individual, aye.

But I would love some sort of response to this so I know what toon to continue to turn my tokens in on. I have a pile now on Elendilmir just waiting for some sort of verification xD

Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

EdgeCaseed is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    I don't want to go into a lot of detail quite yet, but the recognition that we spoke of will be based on all of your characters on a particular server. For example, if you have ten characters on Landroval and four on Brandywine, then all of your turn-ins on Landroval will count together, and all of your turn-ins on Brandywine will count together, but your turn-ins on the two servers will be separate.

You'll find out more about the specifics of this... soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    I don't want to go into a lot of detail quite yet, but the recognition that we spoke of will be based on all of your characters on a particular server. For example, if you have ten characters on Landroval and four on Brandywine, then all of your turn-ins on Landroval will count together, and all of your turn-ins on Brandywine will count together, but your turn-ins on the two servers will be separate.
    THANK you for not making us choose between deed and recognition =)

I only have 2 questions:

Can I opt out of the running on a specific account? (Look at the servers thread for my cumulative contribution as a percentage of the server's handins)

Will only tokens turned in prior to the 1.75million count for this contest?

Thank you!

*turns in a bucketload of tokens on another toon*

Landroval

So this individual recognition thing explains why I can't get any deeds/quests done anymore on lower lever characters, because of all the camping by level 85s who are farming 24 hours a day and refusing to fellow with people who would like just to play the game. Not seeing much incentive to try to play until this is over.

Do "normal Players" have a chance against those annoying Bot & Farm Armadas ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a00000022e947/signature.png]Bembeloc[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Marbo View Post
    No. I've seen a guy with 5 mutiboxes trailing behind him, he got all the deeds done on day 2.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

No, nor will you have a chance against someone playing much longer than you per day. Such is life.
    Nothing here matters.

It really depends how long they're active over the course of a day.

It also depends if they're actually turning in on all of the accounts. Some people are only interested in specific loot for their main, such as keys and boxes, and aren't taking the time to hand in or even open bags on all the others.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I know I don't stand a chance, so I'll just get the 7500 I need for my remaining three characters to donate and all the rest will go towards horses for all five.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

cant fight the super hardcore. Oh well Ill just grind for a large stack of reknown boosers.

Oh one question I dunno if anyone knows. Will the token reward barter people (freep and creep) hang around after helms deep is released? Or do we we have to turn in all our tokens before release?

As more and more worlds are finishing. And something wierd seems to be going on with Gilrain, could you tell us anything more about this? Especially, the number of recognized players per world.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    As more and more worlds are finishing. And something wierd seems to be going on with Gilrain, could you tell us anything more about this? Especially, the number of recognized players per world.
    Rumour is is that one person turned in over 200k tokens from serious multi-boxing all at once, from when there were the higher drop rates.

Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Rumour is is that one person turned in over 200k tokens from serious multi-boxing all at once, from when there were the higher drop rates.
    That seems rather unlikely. Especially when you realize that there was a notation made about Gilrain on the graph briefly.

If there is some multiboxer out there who handed in 200k in the past 24hrs, I'd challenge them to come forward so all of us can applaud their efforts at giving Gilrain a fighting chance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast