We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: 2 questions

2 questions

1. When I used the the game client download, did it include everything in the game, or are there some parts missing that has to be bought to get it?

2. Are all the important cities like Minis Tirith and the capitol kingdom of Rohan from the movies, built into LoTRO and could be visited in-game by regular players?

Quote Originally Posted by womanlikesmmos View Post
    1. When I used the the game client download, did it include everything in the game, or are there some parts missing that has to be bought to get it?

2. Are all the important cities like Minis Tirith and the capitol kingdom of Rohan from the movies, built into LoTRO and could be visited in-game by regular players?
    1. You can visit anything that's been built into the game already. If you're not a subscriber, some areas will not offer much content, but you can still go there. (You can also buy the content with Turbine Points through the store.) Certain areas, such as Moria, Isengard, and Rohan are considered expansions; even subscribers have to purchase this content.

2. Currently the storyline only takes us up through Eastern Rohan, following the Three Hunters as they try to rescue Merry and Pippin. The next expansion will be Western Rohan, including Helms Deep. Gondor is not yet in the game, so no Minas Tirith... and as of now, the only glimpse we get of Edoras is a brief trip to Meduseld. There is a great deal of terrain covered, though, and I have spent hours just riding around looking at the scenery and trying to find new and interesting ruins.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by womanlikesmmos View Post

1)The client download should contain the entire game. Depending on your subscription status will determine if you have access to all the quest content, etc. you can travel anywhere in game. currently east rohan /wildermore is the newest areas. If you are free to play and have bought no quest packs from the turbine store or bought any expansion packs or do not have a subscription some of the quest content will be locked out. Even subscribers have to purchase expansions in order to gain access to the content.

2) As far as i know the content in game is more based off the Book rather than the movies. Sapience would be able to answer this better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    2) As far as i know the content in game is more based off the Book rather than the movies. Sapience would be able to answer this better.
    LOTRO is based completely off the books, and only the books. The movies are PJ's own interpretation and he has taken a lot of liberties, making changes that have nothing to do with the books. Turbine cannot use anything from the movies (nor should they).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    Yes, the game is entirely based on the books and not the made-up story of Peter Jackson.

OP: Yes, everything in-game is included in the download and there will only be more when the game is updated.

You can visit any area that's in the game but we have not yet got as far as Edoras.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

All the game content is downloaded at once. You do have to buy the keys to unlock permision to use severals services on the game (trait slots, inventories, quest pack instance packs, etc). You can go to all the areas of the game released atm, but you cannot do the quests of those areas until you unlock them.
    The game has quite a lot of Lore inspired places most of them are part of the epic or discovery deeds. Also you can cross your path every other day on npcs that will tell you lines straight from the books. Some drop items that mention its origin on stories of the lore. Even some of the class traits are inspired on the actions of characters of the books. Also, you can walk on many places in the game that are mentioned in the lore but are no part of any deed (Example the hill with the eagle nests at Lothlorien woods).
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth