We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Webs of Scuttledells broken?

We made it to the last boss just now just to get this

You have been incapacitated by misadventure.

We got the boss down to almost no health, and trust me it was not easy. But we finally had it and then all 3 of us were killed instantly. Is there a timer or something that doesnt show?
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

If you are doing tier 2 at level 85, the challenge involves a timer. Beat him quick enough or you all die. I'm guessing this is what you're running into. It should say that in your quest bar though.

OK i see there is a timer...

Wow they just made this one really, really, really difficult I see. Might as well play something else

And no the challenge says "Burn all of the webs and cocoons before defeating the Great Spider Digelir

Aghghh hes killed us like 5 times... Im a warden with 20k health and 50% mits, he just hits really hard, its crazy

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    Aghghh hes killed us like 5 times... Im a warden with 20k health and 50% mits, he just hits really hard, its crazy
    It is weird because, without challenge, we usually do it in duo easily without tank (champion + any, no great gear) and it is maybe soloable (I will try asap...)
    Last edited by Castorix; Sep 01 2013 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It is weird because, without challenge, we usually do it in duo easily without tank (champion + any, no great gear) and it is maybe soloable (I will try asap...)
    I just tried to solo it... and failed.
    But the boss did not kill me, it is the timer.
    Only its debuff on max morale is annoying, otherwise it doesn't make more damage than the first boss.

Just curious if anyone has completed t2 challenge recently (say, since the last patch)? My friends and I have done most of the T2 3-man content, I'll admit we are not the best player in that it took us several tries to complete iobars peak and goblin king but generally we seem to get it down and complete it. This one is just one that we can't seem to get, it's too a point where we don't even want to bother with it. Specifically we have a Warden, RK, & Champion (tried with hunter instead of champ). We get through to the last boss but get wiped due to the timer. Any one have any tactics or group make up that work better the others?

thanks

We've gotten the challenge in Webs but that was back before the graphical glitches on the floor so you can't see the path clearly now. It's possible they decreased the timer somewhere along the line also because it seems to me it was longer at launch.

This instance has been perpetually messed up, first it wouldn't spawn the challenge chest, then it spawned the chest but it would fall through the floor, and now you can't see the floor when you're out on it. Unless they've fixed the floor in the last patch or two?

Groups we've completed with:

Guard/Capt/Hunter
    Guard/Capt/Champ
    Guard/RK/Champ
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gedachtnis View Post
    We've gotten the challenge in Webs but that was back before the graphical glitches on the floor so you can't see the path clearly now. It's possible they decreased the timer somewhere along the line also because it seems to me it was longer at launch.

This instance has been perpetually messed up, first it wouldn't spawn the challenge chest, then it spawned the chest but it would fall through the floor, and now you can't see the floor when you're out on it. Unless they've fixed the floor in the last patch or two?

Groups we've completed with:

Guard/Capt/Hunter
    Guard/Capt/Champ
    Guard/RK/Champ
    The floor can be seen but you need to turn down your settings. I find running the game in high or better graphics will cause the floor to not appear properly. I believe this has to do something with the lighting affects. I completed this for a couple of friends about 2 weeks go so they could finish up some deeds.

One key component here, having some one that is good with burning the webs / cocoons. He/She should know the layout of the web trail. I would recommend running it on tier one and finishing it. Then one can examine the area and see where one needs to go with the torch.

This is how we did it, (few weeks ago).

The Warden need to tank the big spider plus all the small stuff. He has to survive with selfheal only. Either the Champ or the RK has to single target the big spider, the other guy has to carry the flame and enlight the webs. This should do someone who can see the paths properly and walk save over them.

Important is that the Warden can survive with selfheal only. So nobody else will get threat fro the small mobs running around.

If someone dies you can run back through a shortcut at the right side of the entrance.

My group has done the challenge a few times, but it's definitely hard. (We're usually champion-tank/LM-dps-torch/capt heal) The biggest problem I'm finding is the annoying graphics issue - the LM has gotten pretty good at finding her way around, but the black-out problem makes it slower than it should be. (I gather you're supposed to send out one, probably dps, to get the cocoons, then fight til the 2nd wave of spiders, then send that one out for the webs, then theoretically burn down the boss before the timer.) If I bring them back to the cave entrance, I'm usually pretty good at getting most of the adds, though we've died a few times because the ranged get the healer, probably during the debuff period. It would imagine a warden tank would have it much easier, but... we don't have a warden tank. (all the videos I found had warden tanks & champion dps, but I really feel any combination should be able to complete an instance)

Mostly, it's a graphics issue, however. We've tried lowering settings, high quality lighting, but it hasn't helped. The boss is *quite* hard enough without this additional problem. Really, if that can't be fixed, maybe they should just get rid of the enrage timer. It's terribly disorienting.
    Last edited by Ellyllon; Oct 28 2013 at 12:44 PM.