We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Amazing. There have been times when there was an error in the file and it said to go to line 1062 or something. This will make it so much easier to find the problem!
    Thanks again to both Splik and Digero for their amazing work!

Yeah!

Thank you very much for that update!

LUV 'n' Toasts!

Zed'

Lightning fast update, keeping pace with the new instruments, and great improvements. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Digero View Post
    I have been working on my own official update to Maestro and ABC Player with support for the fiddles, including the Bardic Fiddle.
    Thanks for your hard work.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Cool Maestro & ABC Players - Thank you!

Thanks to Digero and the other "maestros" for helping keep this great tool active for Lotro "musicians".
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel
    ============================== =
    "...you don't have to have blood-ties to get a family feeling about a person ...I have a belief
    that a man's real relatives are scattered throughout the universe, and seldom if ever belong
    to his immediate kin."...."Little Big Man"....Thomas Berger

Hello!

It seems like ABC Player is switching all instruments to Bardic Fiddle (except Lute and other fiddles) if I add the word "fiddle" anywhere in the song name in Maestro. Is there anything I can do to get around this?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

I would like to add my thanks for the Maestro updates. Your work is a vital tool for those of us in the LOTRO music community who choose this method to arrange midi. Much love Lilikate.
    Theninny.wordpress.com

I've been hearing some chatter that we're getting Bassoons?! If there's any truth to that we'll need another update to go with it. Goodness, what a great year for LOTRO music this has been!
    Last edited by starschwar_lotro; Aug 03 2018 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starschwar_lotro View Post
    I've been hearing some chatter that we're getting Bassoons?! If there's any truth to that we'll need another update to go with it. Goodness, what a great year for LOTRO music this has been!
    Yes, there are three bassoons that you can currently hear on the Bullroarer Beta server. A Lonely Mountain Bassoon (which has a vibrato - "a sweet, moving voice"), a Basic Bassoon, and a 3rd bassoon (Brusque Bassoon) that has shorter notes, "gruff impulsive notes."

Red face Basoon

Looking forward to the update to include the new instruments in update 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriantimur View Post
    Looking forward to the update to include the new instruments in update 23.
    If it ever comes... Digero was last seen heading into Moria with a Took, I heard rumor of some fool dropping stuff down the well...

I have my fingers crossed that the person who stepped in and jury rigged maestro when the fiddles came out, will do the same again, until Digero finally emerges from the mines.

update for Bassoon?

Any word on an update to Maestro/ ABC player that adds the bassoons from the new update?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingleton View Post
    If it ever comes... Digero was last seen heading into Moria with a Took, I heard rumor of some fool dropping stuff down the well...

I have my fingers crossed that the person who stepped in and jury rigged maestro when the fiddles came out, will do the same again, until Digero finally emerges from the mines.
    Well, it wasn't quite like that. Soon after the significant change to the music system earlier this year (the introduction of fiddles), there was a second-party development fork in Maestro to cover it. (I'm probably wrong, but I think Bruzo collected the sound samples and another bloke, whose name I don't recall at the moment, implemented the mods to the code.) Very shortly after that, Digero scrambled to release a new version that incorporated their work and also some very clever, previously unreleased, improvements to ABC Player that he had been sitting on. At least, I think that's what happened.

It is quite clear to me that Digero is still paying attention to what is going on.

However, sound sampling is damn-tedious work…not something that one would wish to repeat due to a minor change.

There have been complaints about the volumes and attacks/swells of some fiddles and bassoons, so I would not be surprised if he is holding off on a new release until after it is more certain whether SSG will be adjusting them again.

In the meantime, I would also not be surprised if (heck, I even hope that) we see another second-party fork from someone who has graciously done the sampling work. (Yeah, I'm talking about you, Bruzo…even though you don't use Maestro yourself, I really appreciate that you have been kind enough to share the your efforts with those of us who don't regularly use BruTE. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-simple-guide).

Quote Originally Posted by Halgoreth View Post
    In the meantime, I would also not be surprised if (heck, I even hope that) we see another second-party fork from someone who has graciously done the sampling work. (Yeah, I'm talking about you, Bruzo…even though you don't use Maestro yourself, I really appreciate that you have been kind enough to share the your efforts with those of us who don't regularly use BruTE. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-simple-guide).
    Hey, the bassoon samples are available since 19th of August now .. which is roughly 10 weeks ago - just take a look in the bassoon + brute thread further down.

In that post I also pointed out that those samples should be copied over to Maestro. I have no idea, why no one feels responsible to do it.

The main effort is already done! Just edit in those 6 lines in Maestro and copy over the samples with Vienna - it's not that complicated.
    Bruzo, Dwarrowdelf Minstrel ~ "A Rock & a Hard Place"

Hey all, apologies again for the delay in getting the new bassoons in Maestro. I've been working on an update and I should have a version with the bassoons available in the next few days.

I'm not actively playing LOTRO these days, and it's been difficult to find spare time to work on it. That said, it is my pet project and I'm happy to work on it when I have time!

I couldn't figure out how to get a Brusque Bassoon in game to test. Are they available yet? I was able to get the sound samples for it from the game files, so I can still include it in Maestro regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Hello!

It seems like ABC Player is switching all instruments to Bardic Fiddle (except Lute and other fiddles) if I add the word "fiddle" anywhere in the song name in Maestro. Is there anything I can do to get around this?
    I'll fix this in the next version (better late than never?). It'll only switch to Bardic Fiddle if it contains "Bardic Fiddle" or "B Fiddle", or if the entire name of the part is "Fiddle" (not just a substring).

-Digero
    Digero Guardian | Digrim Burglar | Defenders of the Mithril Halls Officer
    Maestro - Convert MIDI files to ABC
    ABC Player - Preview ABC files as they sound in LOTRO

Hey all, apologies again for the delay in getting the new bassoons in Maestro. I've been working on an update and I should have a version with the bassoons available in the next few days.

I'm not actively playing LOTRO these days, and it's been difficult to find spare time to work on it. That said, it is my pet project and I'm happy to work on it when I have time!

I couldn't figure out how to get a Brusque Bassoon in game to test. Are they available yet? I was able to get the sound samples for it from the game files, so I can still include it in Maestro regardless.

I'll fix this in the next version (better late than never?). It'll only switch to Bardic Fiddle if it contains "Bardic Fiddle" or "B Fiddle", or if the entire name of the part is "Fiddle" (not just a substring).

-Digero
    Thank you so much, Digero! Your efforts are always appreciated. LOTRO's a better place thanks to the music we make with Maestro. I've had success just using clarinet as a template, but nothing beats actually hearing the instruments proper in advance out of game.

The brusque bassoon isn't in game yet (unless I missed something!). The basic ones were added to bards, Lonely Mountain was part of the Fall Festival. I suppose Brusques will be coming with Yule?

Here it is!

Maestro v2.5.0

• Added the new bassoons from update 23: Basic Bassoon, Brusque Basson, and Lonely Mountain Bassoon
    • Added groups to the Instrument picker: Plucked Strings, Bowed Strings, Woodwinds, and Percussion.
    • Renamed all instruments to match their name in game (e.g. "Basic Flute" instead of "Flute")
    • Fixed the relative volume of the Bassoons and Fiddles to match the game.
    • Fixed how ABC Player finds the instrument from a part name. It should now always use the last matching instrument name in the title, so a part called e.g. "Basic Fiddle Tune - Theorbo" will be detected as Theorbo.

Download it here: https://github.com/digero/maestro/releases/tag/v2.5.0
    Last edited by Digero; Nov 12 2018 at 07:55 AM.

Thank you so much! Our band has been eagerly waiting for this! We so appreciate the effort you put into doing this for the LOTRO music community.

Hannariel,
    band leader
    The Fluffy Unicorns

Does it work for Mac? If not, do you have any idea for when it will, if ever?

Thanks Digero.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Thanks so much for your time and effort, Digero. Maestro is an essential part of the LOTRO music community and is a big part of what makes this community so special.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnights View Post
    Does it work for Mac? If not, do you have any idea for when it will, if ever?
    Theoretically it should work on Mac since it's written in Java, but I don't have a Mac to test it myself. Try it and let me know if it works! Download the zip file Maestro_v2.5.0.zip from https://github.com/digero/maestro/releases, unzip it, and run AbcPlayer.jar or Maestro.jar with Java.

-Digero
    Yay! Thank you so so much!

And thank you for being so generous with your time and work to bring us all the ability to make music! It is very much appreciated!

Can't wait to try out the new version of Maestro and make some fun Bassoon abc's!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Yay! Thank you so so much!

And thank you for being so generous with your time and work to bring us all the ability to make music! It is very much appreciated!

Can't wait to try out the new version of Maestro and make some fun Bassoon abc's!
    Just thought I’d mention that the Fiddle fix isn’t exactly how I described above. Instead it’ll now just use the last instrument it finds in the title, which hopefully still fixes the problem you were having with it using Fiddle for every part. So something like “The Fiddle Song - Lute” will use Lute of Ages. But for “Jig - Fiddle 2” it’ll still use Bardic Fiddle like it did before. Let me know if it’s working as you expect.

Thank you

Digero,

Thank you for the updated Maestro with Bassoons! It's a fantastic little program, one that I have enjoyed for many years.

I have noticed that the volumes between the Maestro and ABC player differ, could you be able to tell me which one if more true to the in game volume levels?

If not I'll just make a few testers and find out for myself.

Cheers mate!
    Theninny.wordpress.com

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast