We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    so i got Maestro Version 2.3.5 Testing a tune i have it sounds very different in game then on Maestro? anyone else notice this? it be hard to make a Fiddle tune if sounds are different in game from Maestro.
    Could you narrow it down a little? The samples are the ones from the game so the general sound should be ok.

Is it the volume or is it the duration of the singular tones?

When I did those additions in Maestro first I made a mistake with the flags setting the duration (to specify if the tones are ended when the note is over or if the sample is fully played)

From looking at the source in github I think the sprightly might be wrongly set in the lotroinstruments.java file:

SPRIGHTLY_FIDDLE ( "Sprightly Fiddle", false, 49, 1, false, -3.0f, false) ..

i'd put that to:

SPRIGHTLY_FIDDLE ( "Sprightly Fiddle", true, 49, 1, false, -3.0f, false),//C5
    Bruzo, Dwarrowdelf Minstrel ~ "A Rock & a Hard Place"

Yes i was testing the Sprightly Fiddle on one my own ABCs I've made and had for awhile, see how it sounds just notice its different in maestro. Imo it sounds better then in lotro, more fixed, but yeah its not the same as in game. anyway I changed nothing other then just play the same file both in game and in Maestro.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I have also had some trouble with the sprightly. In lotro it seems to drop notes or something similar, compared to when I play it in Maestro, haven't figured out exactly whats going on with it yet.

As far as I remember that flag sets if the notes should dictate the duration of the sound played or if it should always play minimum 1 second.

I tried both settings, and had the same issue in the file I tested with.

I suspect what lotro does with the sprightly is when still playing note A and note B starts, that it stops note A. Do not think maestro supports that atm. (this sadly will make that fiddle less useful in my opinion if its the case)

Tested the sprightly ingame, it's all fine - yes it's constant duration, the full sample is always played like the tones of a lute.
    There is no cutting out tones due to new ones in some quick test ABC files I made.

@Splik: what you witnessed there is most likely music system overload, your piece probably went over the 64 samples at a time limit.

@Fincin: I still do not understand the difference you observe, could you elaborate on what you mean with "more fixed" ?

I'm also noticing the discrepancies for Sprightly in Maestro/ABc Player versus ingame. It still sounds very nice, but just shy of perfection. I'm experimenting with a way to cover for the dropped/missing notes - by doubling the SP Fiddle parts with SFX-less Student Fiddle versions of the same parts, and volume cranked to maximum. So far, the results actually sound pretty decent to me. For bands where the number of characters is limited, putting -all- SP Fiddle parts on a single Student Fiddle double role may be viable. It's working decently on my trio of hobbits thus far.

Thanks a lot for the work and to give the Student Fiddle with FX a chance^^

Great thing to have the both version of it! LUV that!

./toasts

Zed'

Quote Originally Posted by zedrock View Post
    Thanks a lot for the work and to give the Student Fiddle with FX a chance^^

Great thing to have the both version of it! LUV that!

./toasts

Zed'
    And yes - once again, thank you so much for your hard work on implementing this stuff, Splik! Your efforts are surely going to go a long way into making Middle Earth music better than we'd ever dreamed!

Ho! Suddenly it comes back to me.

We will need the same two versions about Travellers fiddle, one with and an other without knocking notes C2, C#2, D2 and D#2 ^^

LUV

Zed'

This the difference i hear, maybe a default setting in maestro? i'm using same file. And what i meant by "More Fix" meaning it sounds better. Anyway i bought it up cause it sounds different, as you can hear in the video
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Ever since I got the updated maestro I've been working on my files....My band did an impromptu test session yesterday. We are so happy with the results. To the Developers: Thank you so much for all of the hard work you put into this. Also thanks to those involved in updating the Maestro program....Now just need songbook and band aid updated.

Hannariel, band leader
    The Fluffy Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Splik View Post
    Thanks to getting the sound samples from Bruzo, I made a Maestro with all 4 fiddles.

Since we now have 2 other fiddles, I enabled the noises on the Student's Fiddle.

When loading from ABC files it recognizes these part names for the fiddles:

"Student Fiddle", "Fiddle", "StFiddle", "Student's Fiddle", "Students Fiddle"
    "Lonely Mountain Fiddle", "LMFiddle", "Lonely Fiddle", "Mountain Fiddle"
    "Sprightly Fiddle", "SpFiddle"
    "Travellers Trusty Fiddle", "TTFiddle", "Travellers Fiddle", "Trusty Fiddle", "Traveller's Trusty Fiddle"

https://github.com/NikolaiVChr/maestro/releases
    Glad I started searching the forums again....I was putting a space between Sp Fiddle and it kept switching them back to Student Fiddle... At least now I know what I can use to shorten the names and have them be recognized by Maestro and the ABC Player. Thank you for your hard work.

While working on some music in maestro I noticed that I was hearing some clicking....I eliminated instruments until I determined that the Sprightly fiddle was clicking at certain notes. I created a test file in Anvil Studios and brought it back into Maestro and determined that notes G4 and G4 sharp yield a click instead of a musical note. The notes above and below that, do play a musical note. Once the server is back up I'll log on to find out what it sounds like in game.

Edit: I got back into the game and there was clicking with the sprightly fiddle. I'm assuming this is a bug.
    Last edited by Hannariel; Mar 27 2018 at 01:35 PM.

I just tested G4 and listened to the sample.
    I heard a note.
    How does your abc file look like?
    What version of maestro were you using?

I just tested G4 and listened to the sample.
    I heard a note.
    How does your abc file look like?
    What version of maestro were you using?
    I'm using version 2.3. 5 of Maestro. I'll see if I can privately send you the music file.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    This the difference i hear, maybe a default setting in maestro? i'm using same file. And what i meant by "More Fix" meaning it sounds better. Anyway i bought it up cause it sounds different, as you can hear in the video
    This is a very nice demonstration, I think I get it now:

So the obvious difference first is in the reverberation (or echo) .. Maestro adds too much of a reverb .. sounds like it's played in a church compared to the sound of the game. Also it seems that the highest octave isn't actually the highest octave, maybe there is some filtering going on in the game or in Maestro that changes that...

The other point is the precision, it seems the game plays the song more on time than Maestro.

So do you mean the timings (that might be one of those Maestro issues that always existed.. and affects all the instruments the same way) .. or the "color" of the sound?

Quote Originally Posted by SchorschiSchrumpf View Post
    ... or the "color" of the sound?
    Not the timing just the sounds but I think we figured the issue just never notice it like this before in Maestro till now.

The Lonely Mountain Fiddle, Sprightly Fiddle, and Traveller's Trusty Fiddle have had their ranges extended downwards to cover the lowest notes.
    A new Basic Fiddle can be acquired from Bards which has the same note qualities as the Student Fiddle, but has actual notes in the lowest range instead of sound effects.
    A new fiddle is now available as a reward in the Anniversary Event! The Bardic Fiddle has a long sound with strong attacks, compared to the softer onset of the Student/Basic Fiddles.

Looks like we'll be needing an update! Splendid news!

Added Basic Fiddle to Maestro, and added the lowest notes for the 3 fiddles they were added on.
    No bardic fiddle yet, hoping Bruzo can extract the samples.

Accepted nicknames of Basic Fiddle: 'Basic Fiddle' and 'BFiddle'

Note: Now that I think about it, maybe BFiddle was not smart since that could mean Bardic Fiddle also, maybe not use that then, and wait till next release for better nicknames.

Regards
    - Aifel of Laurelin

Added Basic Fiddle to Maestro, and added the lowest notes for the 3 fiddles they were added on.

Note: Now that I think about it, maybe BFiddle was not smart since that could mean Bardic Fiddle also, maybe not use that then, and wait till next release for better nicknames.

Regards
    - Aifel of Laurelin
    BSCFiddle and BAFiddle, perhaps? Either way, thank you so very much for your incredibly efficient work!

Regards
    - Aifel of Laurelin
    You are truly a treasure! Thank you so much for all the work you do for the music community!

Hi all, I'm sorry I've been MIA recently with the new fiddles being added. Thank you Splik for working on an updated version in the meantime.

I have been working on my own official update to Maestro and ABC Player with support for the fiddles, including the Bardic Fiddle.

Maestro v2.4.1

It includes updates to the ABC preview for all instruments to more closely match the game. It removes the reverb effect, and slightly increases the length of the notes played by the fiddles, flute, clarinet, horn, bagpipes, and pibgorn.

I've also added a new ABC text view to ABC player, which highlights the currently-playing notes. You can click on a note to jump to that point in the song. It can help you find the exact spot where you need to make tweaks in the ABC notation when you're previewing a file. Here's a screenshot of the new ABC text view:

Last edited by Digero; Apr 18 2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Digero Guardian | Digrim Burglar | Defenders of the Mithril Halls Officer
    Maestro - Convert MIDI files to ABC
    ABC Player - Preview ABC files as they sound in LOTRO

No problem.

A note though:
    The stereo in Maestro messes up our ability to properly tune the volumes, as its hard to hear the volume of instruments that are panned differently.
    Hope you will consider a stereo toggle option for Maestro ala. ABCPlayer, remove stereo in Maestro or at least make the panning much less. That would increase our ability to tune the songs better.

Glad you are back, I will stop working on Maestro, now that you are back.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Digero View Post
    Hi all, I'm sorry I've been MIA recently with the new fiddles being added. Thank you Splik for working on an updated version in the meantime.

I have been working on my own official update to Maestro and ABC Player with support for the fiddles, including the Bardic Fiddle.

Maestro v2.4.1

It includes updates to the ABC preview for all instruments to more closely match the game. It removes the reverb effect, and slightly increases the length of the notes played by the fiddles, flute, clarinet, horn, bagpipes, and pibgorn.

I've also added a new ABC text view to ABC player, which highlights the currently-playing notes. You can click on a note to jump to that point in the song. It can help you find the exact spot where you need to make tweaks in the ABC notation when you're previewing a file. Here's a screenshot of the new ABC text view:

I've said it before, you do fantastic work, my man. For YEARS, I've been editing these things by hand, and now you've given us the tool to do it while actually listening to it. I'm constantly amazed. We owe you much.
    Skjald of Rohan, Minstrel, Captain of Rohan

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

Thank you so much to both Splik and Digero. Once again, your efforts are instrumental (pun fully intended) to the LOTRO music community. Or, at the very least, to me and my kinship's band!

I have to say, if that Bardic Fiddle preview is accurate to how it'll wind up sounding in game (note length/intensity-wise) , then it's gotta be the best one for any parts that alternate between short and long notes. With the other types, there's too much compromise. It's the perfect versatile medium. Can't wait to try one out!
    Last edited by starschwar_lotro; Apr 18 2018 at 07:40 PM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast