We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player - Out since SoM

Hey all,
    I bought the game back when SoM was brand new. I never really got very far in LoTRO but I really want to get back into it and hit max level this time.
    So, I'd like to ask a few questions.

- If I want to level at a decent rate, should I subscribe?
    - What levelling tips can you offer?
    - Currently playing a Guardian. Any good? Or should I go Warden / Runekeeper / Minstrel? I name those because they are the ones I'm interested in. I love tanking and healing.
    - How is endgame?

And please include any other tips you think would be relevant and / or helpful.

thankyou!

No one can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzuliki View Post
    - If I want to level at a decent rate, should I subscribe?
    You'll either need to subscribe, buy quest packs, or level via skirmishes. Since I don't know what returning players are considered as, I can't give my usual advice of subscribing for at least a month to get all the benefits of that. (You may have them already.)

- What levelling tips can you offer?
    Grab all the quests in an area before doing any. If your inventory is full, go back and sell unless you're way out in the boonies, the trash items add up.
    Not really much advice to give on leveling, it's super fast.

- Currently playing a Guardian. Any good? Or should I go Warden / Runekeeper / Minstrel? I name those because they are the ones I'm interested in. I love tanking and healing.
    Good tanks are always in demand, but out of those four classes you listed the guardian will probably level the slowest.

- How is endgame?
    To be honest, it's kind of bad. Not many people run things other than Sambrog, Bells of Dale, and OE (in Annuminas) which are all 6-mans. Occasionally you'll find people running raids or other instances, but they're less common, especially if you don't have a kin to run with. One of the raids is nigh-unplayable at the higher difficulties because of the lag, and there's not much of an incentive to run them at the higher difficulties anyway since T1 drops the same teals and golds.

Big Battles looks like it'll be an interesting thing, so I haven't completely given up on LotRO endgame yet. (Those aren't out yet, but should be released soon. Whenever the next expansion comes out.)

As far as any other tips, if you don't plan on subscribing make sure you plan out where you'll level for each range, since you'll want to buy the content that gets you through the most for the least amount of cash. (And as a note, subscribers still need to buy expansions. I assume you own SoM and probably MoM as well, so you'll be fine for those, but you'll need to buy RoR and RoI if you want to play those regions, even if you choose to subscribe.)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Thanks for the advice! Raiding and Endgame is a HUGE part for me in an MMO. So I'm a bit Skeptical

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzuliki View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Raiding and Endgame is a HUGE part for me in an MMO. So I'm a bit Skeptical
    I wouldn't honestly read too much into the lack of advertised end-game runs at the moment.

It's summer and a lot of people are away on vacation or doing other things, a lot of people are sitting back and waiting for the next expansion, much like myself. It's fairly easy to get a run going for whatever you want to do at end-game if you just start it yourself; if you make it, they will come.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I wouldn't honestly read too much into the lack of advertised end-game runs at the moment.

It's summer and a lot of people are away on vacation or doing other things, a lot of people are sitting back and waiting for the next expansion, much like myself. It's fairly easy to get a run going for whatever you want to do at end-game if you just start it yourself; if you make it, they will come.

Yep, this, out of nowhere in glff someone will be 1/6 on whatever, and then it scales pretty quickly. I still don't use the instance finder but it probably helps as well.

I don't do much raiding on my Warden, but it's pretty much the best solo class I've ever played.

Lightbulb

A new expansion is about to come in about a couple months. Most people are taking it easy because they have already capped to level 85 most their alts & awaiting to next expansion to be able to advance further. If you want to follow the crowd, there are some festivals underway. The festival quests now reward level experience & is scaled to your level. So there is no hurry, just keep questing whetever you left your guard & give him some love on traits with deeds. Also, this is a good time to farm TP to use to unlock whatever services or quest packs you still may not have if you aren't VIP.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth