We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's up with Sarnur?

1. I got the Quest 'Retrieve Rune Shards' and set off to Sarnur.
    I'd previously seen Sarnur through a barred gate (go South from Noglond, cross the bridge and climb a slope...), but there was no way through. Does this open later? (I'm level 61.)

2. I found another way into Sarnur through Orodost, but then could not find Glumir anywhere - so eventually abandoned that Quest. Where is he?

Quote Originally Posted by tinuelwing View Post
    1. I got the Quest 'Retrieve Rune Shards' and set off to Sarnur.
    I'd previously seen Sarnur through a barred gate (go South from Noglond, cross the bridge and climb a slope...), but there was no way through. Does this open later? (I'm level 61.)

2. I found another way into Sarnur through Orodost, but then could not find Glumir anywhere - so eventually abandoned that Quest. Where is he?
    Glumir is in the keep.. He respawns every 6 hours.
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for that - I did spend a couple of hours wandering around the Keep, but (apart from picking up Dourhand Crests) it became dull hoping Glumir would turn up...

The various named critters in Sarnur are often very hard to find not just because of that six hour respawn but the fact that there's a deed for killing them all so they get camped. There's also some that only one or the other spawn at once. Plus, right now, there's people camping Sarnur as their place to grind for bounder's bounty so it might be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    The various named critters in Sarnur are often very hard to find not just because of that six hour respawn but the fact that there's a deed for killing them all so they get camped. There's also some that only one or the other spawn at once. Plus, right now, there's people camping Sarnur as their place to grind for bounder's bounty so it might be even worse.
    That makes it very clear (I did notice that I was picking up Bounder's Bounty as well as Dourhand Quests...)

These Forums are great!

Just out of curiosity, is there any way through the barred gate south of the Orodost entrance? I explored Sarnur pretty thoroughly last week when I was farming TH rep, hoping to find a exit that went out that way. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas88 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there any way through the barred gate south of the Orodost entrance? I explored Sarnur pretty thoroughly last week when I was farming TH rep, hoping to find a exit that went out that way. No luck.
    Don't think so. There are several barred gates of various sorts in the game that lead to areas that haven't been created yet. That gate seems like one of them.