We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Oi Turbine! What is this?!

I recently logged into my account and posted on the forums. I noticed that my signature contained this line:

A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Now, i'm all for supporting people, however as this was not added by me and by the look of it was implemented onto EVERYONE's signature by a Turbine Bot, I am seriously not happy!

I feel betrayed, Hacked and Disgusted that this has happened!

Turbine, If you feel you must do this again in future, Strike me off of the list!
    I don't want this happening to my signature again!

If you want me to support a cause, please send me an email and I will review it myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Balfimli View Post
    Now, i'm all for supporting people, however as this was not added by me and by the look of it was implemented onto EVERYONE's signature by a Turbine Bot, I am seriously not happy!
    If you consider Sapience a bot then sure. But he may take it personally.

I would suggest you see the many dozens of other topics on this rather than starting another without even a look.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

All that and yet you still haven't removed the line from your sig...

Actually, he was just giving people signatures (to replace all the broken ones) which were so obnoxious that people would change them right away. So... go ahead. You Have The Power.

I don't care either way - I've had signatures turned off here since 2007.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    If you consider Sapience a bot then sure. But he may take it personally.

I would suggest you see the many dozens of other topics on this rather than starting another without even a look.
    I did look for an existing topic, and couldn't find one...
    And I don't consider Sapience a bot... It was an automatic system that replaced it... sapience wouldn't and couldn't have the time to change each individual one... and he may not have even been the one who did it specifically, he may have chosen the text, but someone else may have implemented it

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    All that and yet you still haven't removed the line from your sig...
    As you are well aware, The forums have changed... I haven't got round to finding where everything's moved to yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Actually, he was just giving people signatures (to replace all the broken ones) which were so obnoxious that people would change them right away. So... go ahead. You Have The Power.

I don't care either way - I've had signatures turned off here since 2007.

Khafar
    I like signatures, however I didn't approve of being given one that I didn't want...
    If they wanted to replace the broken ones, all they needed to do was just to remove them, not replace them

-----

Going back to what I originally said, I feel that anyone or anything that changes something I've set myself is a betrayal of trust. I accept that the old character sigs are now broken but all that was needed to be done was not to display them. Turbine said nothing about implementing this line and therefore I believe that we have all been betrayed of trust.

And as a side note, I have voted for sapience in the awards. He's a very good community manager and has helped me with questions about lotro and stuff in general. I will always support him as he has always supported the community. I would have just preferred being told in a different manner!

I feel that anyone or anything that changes something I've set myself is a betrayal of trust.
    He changed some broken text in a forum signature, and you can change it to whatever you want with 1 minute's effort. Somehow, I'm confident you'll survive the trauma.

Khafar

As you are well aware, The forums have changed... I haven't got round to finding where everything's moved to yet!
    Nowhere in your original post did you say you were having trouble finding where to go to change your signature, if you had, I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill, everything on this forum belongs to Turbine and they have every right to change any of it.

I did look for an existing topic, and couldn't find one...
    And I don't consider Sapience a bot... It was an automatic system that replaced it... sapience wouldn't and couldn't have the time to change each individual one... and he may not have even been the one who did it specifically, he may have chosen the text, but someone else may have implemented it
    You were saying?
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    That's a closed post and buried 10 pages back, as are the other posts on this topic. The OP wanted to voice his displeasure over the change. He couldn't do that if it is closed. Also the title of the topic is "well played sapience". I wouldn't expect this title to be associated with forum signatures, even if it comes up under a search. Before I get a lecture on it, I already know its against the rules to bring up a closed topic again. Its the prerogative of the OP if he wishes to.
    Robori - Lv86 Guardian on Brandywine. Member of the Runic Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by robo7425 View Post
    That's a closed post and buried 10 pages back, as are the other posts on this topic. The OP wanted to voice his displeasure over the change. He couldn't do that if it is closed. Also the title of the topic is "well played sapience". I wouldn't expect this title to be associated with forum signatures, even if it comes up under a search. Before I get a lecture on it, I already know its against the rules to bring up a closed topic again. Its the prerogative of the OP if he wishes to.
    OK. Your point is?

You have totally ignored what that post has and why I posted the link to it. Why is that?

That's a closed post and buried 10 pages back, as are the other posts on this topic.
    And do you know why they were closed? Because people kept voicing their displeasure without reading anything about it.

First let me say that I don't think that the sig change is a big deal. I wasn't affected and don't intend to argue about it. In my opinion, You posted that link like it was so obvious that it existed and that it should have been found by the OP. Does a post titled " well played sapience" scream forum signature to you? It doesn't to me. The search function gives mediocre results at best, and there is a limit to how far most posters will go to search back for a topic. Even if he had found it, he still would have needed to start a new topic to voice his opinion.

The search function gives mediocre results at best, and there is a limit to how far most posters will go to search back for a topic.
    Actually, I do wanna hit on this real quick. Have you tried it since the revamp? It definitely used to be absolute #### but it works pretty well for me now.

Actually, I do think its improved since the revamp. Overall the site works much better. I do miss some of the old features though.

Actually, I do think its improved since the revamp. Overall the site works much better. I do miss some of the old features though.
    A lot of 'em were nice but to be honest I never really used them. I think the two biggest things that are missed are A) the Lorebook, which for the most part is covered by Lotro-Wiki, and B) character pages, which had been out of date for quite a while.

Personally, I would also be upset if someone - even a Turbine employee - changed my signature. He could have deleted them (which would have been the right thing to do) just as easily as he added a self-promoting link to vote for him in some contest.

Any why must everyone attack people when they post their opinion on here?

I think LOTRO will win in that contest for "Most Passionate Fan Base", but - sadly - for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    He could have deleted them (which would have been the right thing to do) just as easily as he added a self-promoting link to vote for him in some contest.
    Actually no, he couldn't have deleted them just as easily.

Note that what was changed wasn't actually the text in the signature. He changed what was at the place the old signature-link pointed to.

Sure, they could have done something along the line of "This signature is no longer functional, please change immediately", but as people left the broken pieces of code, they would probably have left something like that as well. It had to be something that actually made people care enough to change it.

I already know its against the rules to bring up a closed topic again.
    For the record, didn't know that,

Also, I was just saying that i felt that we should have at least been told first. I was just indicating my displeasure and you're all going way overboard. I get that it was out of anyone's control! I get all of your points but this is getting far too out of hand!