We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Goblins?

Goblins?

There are three different forums where I could ask this, but I decided to start here. Have goblins been globally reclassified as orcs? I was working last night on doing some combined Bounder's Token farming and slayer deed grinding, and I went through the entirety of Dol Dinen in the North Downs and couldn't find a single thing classified as a goblin. Only orcs. I'm headed into Sarnur right now, and the dudes outside of it are all orcs, even though they look like goblins and lotro-wiki says there should be goblins here.

The final test, I suppose, would be to hit up Goblin Town and check for some there. But these goblin killing deeds are going to be problematic if this is a real issue.

In Lord of the Rings Online, Orcs, Goblins, and Uruks are all different. They count for diffenrent deeds. However, all of them are Orc-kind. That means they are from the same family of monsters. (Like Wargs, Wolves, and Bargests are all based on wolves and Hourns, Bog-lurkers, and Wood-trolls are all related) In some cases, you find that you must defeat Orc-kind, so any of the above will work.

As far as I know there exist no Orc in Ered Luin. Goblins are best found South of Gondamon in Ered Luin and North of the road about halfway between Esteldin and Trestlebridge near Stoneheight in the North Downs.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]R6[/COLOR]-MIN Roscaron - [COLOR=#ffd700]Aragorn's Allies[/COLOR] - Officer
    [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-DEF [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WRG [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-BA [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WL [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-RVR [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-WVR - {Dead,Red,Bow,Boss,Blade,Web} meat
    [/CENTER]

There are low level goblins in Ered Luin south of Gondamon; in the Shire in the Greenfields north of Brockenborings (or south of Oatbarton); in Bree-lands in the Midgewater Marshes; Lone-lands north and south of Forsaken Inn; North Downs just east of Amon Raith.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

The best place to farm goblins in the North Downs is in Annundir, south of the road near the burned farm house. There is a good sized goblin camp, you can run through there pretty fast and complete your deed.
    Silverlode refugee

I actually went through Annundir and didn't see anything at all, but I wasn't looking very hard there. However, I tried at Gurzlum and throughout Dol Dinen, periodically killing one of the things that looked like a goblin, only to have it not count for the North Downs goblin slayer deed, hence my confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by somnomania View Post
    I actually went through Annundir and didn't see anything at all
    As you are heading to Esteldin get off the right side of the road. You will find some goblin camps.
    Quote Originally Posted by somnomania View Post
    I tried at Gurzlum and throughout Dol Dinen, periodically killing one of the things that looked like a goblin, only to have it not count for the North Downs goblin slayer deed, hence my confusion.
    These are mostly Orcs. There maybe some Half Orcs and Uruks mixed in with them.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Goblins in the North Downs is a tricky deed to complete. You can only find them in a handful of places. If you get on a horse at Amon Raith and take a slow-travel horse to Esteldin, as soon as you see farms/houses, jump off and go south of the road. There is a small goblin camp. This is the easiest place to get goblins, and it's usually farmed to death.

Another place is the orc/goblin camp of Nan Wathren which stretches between Trestlebridge and Lin Giliath. Unfortunately there are lots of signatures/elites in here and there are a smaller amount of goblins vs orcs. This is where I had to grind out my deed.

There is also a skirmish called Attack at Dawn that usually will have some goblins. Not many though. I wouldn't consider this a great way to grind out the deed, but if you like skirmishes, then it won't hurt to add this one to your rotation.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Success! I found the ones in southern Annundir, thank you.

As mentioned above the Stonehold camps are the best place to find goblins in ND, but there are definitely also some in Nan Wathren and Dol Dínen. You can check the wiki to see whether each particular mob is classified as an orc or a goblin:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dol_D%C3%ADnen#Mobs
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Nan_Wathren#Mobs