We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    Thinking about transfering..

    So i recently started playing again and im on Meneldor. Well i often like to play at night as im busy durring the day. Makes sense, but what ive found out sucks is that the game is basically dead at night...

    just wondering if this is an issue on Brandywine? Everyone says this is the most popular server.

    just thought id get some assurance before I went ahead and spent money on transfering.


    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by td17travis View Post
    So i recently started playing again and im on Meneldor. Well i often like to play at night as im busy durring the day. Makes sense, but what ive found out sucks is that the game is basically dead at night...

    just wondering if this is an issue on Brandywine? Everyone says this is the most popular server.

    just thought id get some assurance before I went ahead and spent money on transfering.


    Thanks!!
    Im not sure by "night" you mean 6pm-0am or 0am-6am. For US server 6pm-0am EST is always the busiest time and 0-6am is always slow, even Brandywin, or the "unoffical Pacific" server like Elendimir. But yeah, even at slow time, Brandywine still have decent population.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by td17travis View Post
    So i recently started playing again and im on Meneldor. Well i often like to play at night as im busy durring the day. Makes sense, but what ive found out sucks is that the game is basically dead at night...

    just wondering if this is an issue on Brandywine? Everyone says this is the most popular server.

    just thought id get some assurance before I went ahead and spent money on transfering.


    Thanks!!
    Brandywine is a very populated server and there are a lot people on all the time. I would definitely recommend transferring to Brandywine if you are having trouble grouping because no one is online when you are playing. Also Brandywine has great PVP and a lot of selection on the auction hall if you where wondering.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by aaxxis View Post
    Brandywine is a very populated server and there are a lot people on all the time. I would definitely recommend transferring to Brandywine if you are having trouble grouping because no one is online when you are playing. Also Brandywine has great PVP and a lot of selection on the auction hall if you where wondering.
    I'm in a similar situation to the OP; starting to think more seriously about a transfer for my burglar (85, has pretty much run out of things to do solo other than accumulating a large eastemnet symbol and crafted relic once a week) and possibly my captain (still 75; can't see the point in leveling a cappy when there are no groups at cap).

    My normal playing times are ~8pm-midnight PDT on weeknights. Do people still do group content at these hours? Or is grouping restricted to people on the East Coast (and possibly on weekends, with any luck?) even on Brandywine?

    As a related question, are there any of what I would call "serious casual" kins still active? Meaning kins that do endgame content, but aren't hardcore obsessives about t2 always on all runs, and/or lots of people tied up in pvp instead of pve groups (my interest in pvp is zero, so a kin that usually has 15 people on but 10 are in the moors wouldn't be any improvement over my current server...). I'd like to see LT, SS, OD, and BG someday (never had the chance at 65), but t1 would be just fine with me. I've had to struggle with executing the instructions for a t2 run on my first visit to an instance a few too many times over the years; would like to avoid that kind of pressure going forward, if possible! (In fact that's why I've retired my guardian and reduced my warden to a solo-only character - tanking on a first run in an instance was *way* too stressful)

    On the off chance that anyone reads this and knows of other servers that might be a good fit as well, please let me know! Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,320
    You could always simply reroll on BW. Your account retains its shared storage, character slots and similar perks. Levels are swift and you don't get to xfer marks/meds/seals anyway. If you transfer and bring a bunch of bartered-for stuff (dunno...riddermark scrolls of delving and empowerment?), much of it is extremely low value on Brandy (go have a look at auction there in advance).

    It's fun making a fresh start.

    If pvp is main thing, I guess you'd want to pay for xfer, or if you ate a lot of stats tomes etc.

    I like my old characters and wouldn't leave them for anything but having made a couple of nubs to cap on alt servers, I can at least suggest it as an alternative.

    EDIT Oh, I see it was a bumped topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    On the off chance that anyone reads this and knows of other servers that might be a good fit as well, please let me know! Thanks!
    Snowbourn and Laurelin (ex EU servers, can't transfer from the US) have large populations and I hear Landroval is biggish too.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload