We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    1,025
    We know plenty about Helms deep now.. Big new area, a satisfying epic since we are so close to the fellowship now, Big scaling skirmishes, no instances or raids, postponed housing update, a complete revamp of classes...

    All we dont know is when the release date is.....

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    We know plenty about Helms deep now.. Big new area, a satisfying epic since we are so close to the fellowship now, Big scaling skirmishes, no instances or raids, postponed housing update, a complete revamp of classes...

    All we dont know is when the release date is.....
    They are NOT Skirmishes. They are just LIKE skirmishes or compared to this by Sapience because it comes closest but its a different thing. For example you'll chosse 1 of 3 roles which aren't exist now and which you choose only inside this area: Vanguard, Engineer and Officer.

    And why housing is postponed? Could you explain what you mean?? o.O

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    They are NOT Skirmishes. They are just LIKE skirmishes or compared to this by Sapience because it comes closest but its a different thing. For example you'll chosse 1 of 3 roles which aren't exist now and which you choose only inside this area: Vanguard, Engineer and Officer.

    And why housing is postponed? Could you explain what you mean?? o.O
    Scaling skirmishes with a few new mechanics... I stand by what i have said...
    Housing update is not coming with the expac but rather at a later unknown date. That could be more then 7 months away.. I assume march or april 2014..

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    Scaling skirmishes with a few new mechanics... I stand by what i have said...
    Housing update is not coming with the expac but rather at a later unknown date. That could be more then 7 months away.. I assume march or april 2014..
    Yes, NEW mechanics, not just updated or upscaled Skirmishes...

    Housing update was never told to come with the expansion, it was always said to come this YEAR. And after my calendar there are 4 months or around 1/3 left of the year. Sounds like they have enough time, right? Enough time to fulfill their plan - Sounds like they have a plan, yeah?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    Yes, NEW mechanics, not just updated or upscaled Skirmishes...
    Yeah well, you get to shoot the catapult in Thangulhad... Until i see if those different roles change gameplay in any significant and interesting way, this remains as it appears to be..Big scaling skirmishes with some fights occurring in the background that depict the importance of the battle...

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,147
    Why so pessimistic?

    I'll just see how it'll be at the release: Either I'll be surprised and pleased or I'll be dissatisfied or it'll just normal and neither extremly bad nor extremly good.

    On theory the class changes and Big Battles have possibilities and potentials. When they usw them, all is fine. If not people will have enough time to complain about it THEN.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Yeah, I think most of us are dreading yet another tier of guild rep.

    It's not so much the guild rep; which is easy enough. It is the boring and unnecessary grind to master the so-called new tier that I am dreading.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    Why so pessimistic?

    I'll just see how it'll be at the release: Either I'll be surprised and pleased or I'll be dissatisfied or it'll just normal and neither extremly bad nor extremly good.

    On theory the class changes and Big Battles have possibilities and potentials. When they usw them, all is fine. If not people will have enough time to complain about it THEN.
    This pessimistic post seem to be normal because of the current state of instanced group content and classes. I am one of the people that are really glad to hear about this class changes and this new type of instance. Since it is not just scaled as skirmish, we have a chance to have nice and probably easier solo stuff and very hard and potentialy rewarding raids (trough this new coins). It is 5 instances in fact and each of them can be done with solo, 3man, 6man and 12man. That means we will actually have 20 different instances in theory.

    Class changes, on the other hand, have huge chance to deal with overpowereness in both pvp and pve. All the scaled content is very easy, it actually makes all mechanic implemented in most of the instances irrelevant. We do all instances with dmg and heal, instead with tactics needed to complete this challenges. No need for support either. With this problem fixed, they can make rng more rewarding for players that can actually complete this content.

    With huge set of scaled content (12 3mans, 14 6mans, 7 raids) we can just hope we will get slightly better rewards in big battle instances. What we need after this RoR expirience is harder or very hard content, with rewards for people that will do it. Good raiders and soloers dont need same equipment. Time will tell.. and Turbine...

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN+Germany
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvatardd View Post
    This pessimistic post seem to be normal because of the current state of instanced group content and classes. I am one of the people that are really glad to hear about this class changes and this new type of instance. Since it is not just scaled as skirmish, we have a chance to have nice and probably easier solo stuff and very hard and potentialy rewarding raids (trough this new coins). It is 5 instances in fact and each of them can be done with solo, 3man, 6man and 12man. That means we will actually have 20 different instances in theory.

    Class changes, on the other hand, have huge chance to deal with overpowereness in both pvp and pve. All the scaled content is very easy, it actually makes all mechanic implemented in most of the instances irrelevant. We do all instances with dmg and heal, instead with tactics needed to complete this challenges. No need for support either. With this problem fixed, they can make rng more rewarding for players that can actually complete this content.

    With huge set of scaled content (12 3mans, 14 6mans, 7 raids) we can just hope we will get slightly better rewards in big battle instances. What we need after this RoR expirience is harder or very hard content, with rewards for people that will do it. Good raiders and soloers dont need same equipment. Time will tell.. and Turbine...
    I know that it's normal these days.

    They're dissatisfied with the current instances and content, so they could be pessimistic about new instances or content but not about NEW things they actually don't know and which (atm) couldn't be compared because of less information and less subjects which sould be compared.

    Class changes: yeah, unbalanced classes could be always a problem when classes are changed, e.g. the Coup de Grâce-thing with immediate stealth. It would be interesting to know its Cooldown and if the CD could be reduced through LIs or other properties of the trait tree because a too short CD could have an huge impact on especially pvmp... and yes, support classes mostly only speeds your way through an instace but aren't necessary at all so most support classes go red-skilled into instances atm.

    Atm I just hope it will be improved.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload