We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

so what do we know about helms deep

have there been any statements about the actual changes for the characters? Cant seem to find it if its out their.

it will go live in less than 4 months.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Golund View Post
    have there been any statements about the actual changes for the characters? Cant seem to find it if its out their.
    The only information about character changes has been given from the recent twitter developer chat which answered some questions on the new class trait trees. Other than that, expect developer diaries to arrive at least 1 month before the release date of the expansion, which has not been given yet.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

We know that it is the first LOTRO release that did not have 'of' in it's title (from Shadows of Angmar to Riders of Rohan).

This is what we know so far:

The xpac is shortened HD (for Helm's Deep)
    All classes will be revamped and trait trees implemented
    There will be no IC with the xpac
    BB (Big Battles) will be replacing an IC in terms of end-game content for this xpac. On a sidenote, we have no idea what BB will look like though we can safely assume it will most likely require some fighting
    10 more levels
    It has been announced for fall 2013 (which technically means anytime before dec 20th)
    Some skills will be changed in some way or removed or unchanged
    The new regions will interact better with previous parts of the game
    1 new tier of crafting

And... well... that's about it really
    Last edited by Fralin; Sep 05 2013 at 02:37 AM.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

While I realize it is probably only me and maybe 6 or 7 other people in the game that care...

We get another tier of crafting (ref: massively article).
    [COLOR="#00FFFF"]Being a lifer is like living in a famous California Hotel [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by PypeRings View Post
    While I realize it is probably only me and maybe 6 or 7 other people in the game that care...

Yeah, I think most of us are dreading yet another tier of guild rep.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    EB (epic battles) will be replacing an IC for this xpac. On a sidenote, we have no idea what EB will look like though we can safely assume it will most likely require some fighting
    there big battles :P

and there group content, so don't get people mixed up there. they won't replace traditional instance types or skirmishes.

we have had a 20Q, but you can read that how you like. wasn't exact. we won't know for sure till we're doing it our selfs but I'm pumped for it.

Some skills will be changed in some way or removed or unchanged
    high amount of skill gating too. you'll have skills in red spec that can't be got in yellow spec.

also, they mention mechanical changes too, so exact each line to play very differantly. not just skills with effects and cooldowns but stills that effect each other and maybe even more complexe mechanics.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Glad there is a new crafting tier, hate to be unproductive while I make dinner or mow the lawn. And as far as guild rep goes, many of us already have/will have enough rep items stockpiled to max the guild about 10s after login. For the others...they know it is coming, I can't be bothered to care if they don't prepare. At worst it is an inconvenience for a new player working their way up, but that is the nature of playing a game with updates, the goal post is always moving.

I wonder if someone will write up a 'Preparation for Helm's Deep' thread just like someone did for Rohan, and give all the new features and how to prepare for them. Eg. Undoubtedly a new tier of relics, so good preparation would be to stock up on tier 9 relics and shards.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...93-Big-Battles
    these are the 20 Q&As from weeks/months ago...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09...ne-helms-deep/

just from yesterday. Also at the end a little new information about new roles during you play in the battle at HD. And some general information like 300 quests, 3 new epic books and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by PypeRings View Post
    Added

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    there big battles :P
    and there group content, so don't get people mixed up there. they won't replace traditional instance types or skirmishes.

high amount of skill gating too. you'll have skills in red spec that can't be got in yellow spec.

also, they mention mechanical changes too, so exact each line to play very differantly. not just skills with effects and cooldowns but stills that effect each other and maybe even more complexe mechanics.
    Need I remind you of this qoute from joystiq:

It's such a big system [Big Battles], in fact, that it'll be the new endgame, replacing the typical expansion addition of new skirmishes, instances, or raids.

In other words: we'll see a new type of endgame which, hopefully, will turn out better than Hytbold. I did however change my post to clarify that it will replace ICs etc additions as end-game content. Personally I like ICs (well thought out ones and preferably ones that don't have serious bugs in them... but I suppose we all are allowed to dream), as for the new system... I suppose we just have to wait and see what it turns out like.

I would like to pose you a question though... What is the group content you speak of? BB?
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

New combat animations, faster ones.

I would like to pose you a question though... What is the group content you speak of? BB?
    incase you missed it, and it is linked before.

here are some quotes that I've basically been putting in my own words before.

Q11: How do the devs see Big Battles fitting in with the other types of instanced content currently in the game?
    Q12: Is the Big Battle system something that will be used only for Helm's Deep, or will we see more of it in the future?

Different locations, stories and events in the game necessitate different gameplay to truly tell them in the most compelling manner. This new system is another vehicle for us to deliver and package gameplay in order to tell certain stories. There are locations and events where it will be the correct method, and others where instance clusters or skirmishes are the correct choice. This gives us another tool in the toolbox, it doesn’t replace and invalidate the other options. Our intention is that Scaling Instances, Skirmishes, Big Battles, and new clusters can co-exist with each other, each providing a different focus of rewards, target playerbase, and gameplay.
    big battles are like skirmishes. you can choose from being able to do them solo or all the way up to raid. however one weird bit is sapience said 5 are group and 7 are avalible? so I assume some will be solo only, and then some might not scale all the way to raid.

we did get told that big battles will scale very differantly with a bigger group. not only more mobs at higher moral/damage, but more mechanisms to face and even area's opening up unlike skirmishes.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by thefamilyosc View Post
    Glad there is a new crafting tier, hate to be unproductive while I make dinner or mow the lawn. And as far as guild rep goes, many of us already have/will have enough rep items stockpiled to max the guild about 10s after login. For the others...they know it is coming, I can't be bothered to care if they don't prepare. At worst it is an inconvenience for a new player working their way up, but that is the nature of playing a game with updates, the goal post is always moving.
    Don't get what you mean? Tier within the guild (like Tailors)? Where do you go beyond Grand Master? Supreme Leader of the Guild or something? Did it update with Rohan? I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by whitering View Post
    Don't get what you mean? Tier within the guild (like Tailors)? Where do you go beyond Grand Master? Supreme Leader of the Guild or something? Did it update with Rohan? I don't remember.
    With a new crafting tier (T9, which will probably be called Westemnet) we'll get a new tier in the crafting guild as well. I don't know what they'll name it, but we can almost safely assume it will take 10-15k more rep than the previous tier. (I don't even remember what the previous tier is. Is T8's guild rep at 60k or 75k?)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Believe t8 was 75k, up 15k from 7s 60k, can safely assume that it'll take 90k rep to max the next tier's rep

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    incase you missed it, and it is linked before.

here are some quotes that I've basically been putting in my own words before.

big battles are like skirmishes. you can choose from being able to do them solo or all the way up to raid. however one weird bit is sapience said 5 are group and 7 are avalible? so I assume some will be solo only, and then some might not scale all the way to raid.

we did get told that big battles will scale very differantly with a bigger group. not only more mobs at higher moral/damage, but more mechanisms to face and even area's opening up unlike skirmishes.

Just to clarify. They're not exactly like Skirmishes. In fact, we used the skirmish analogy because it was the closest we could come to explaining it. Its not the best description.

For example, unlike skirmishes, they don't use scaling when you select a group size. So a solo battle is designed to be a solo battle, a 6 person is designed to be 6 person, etc. Not scaled up to whatever number you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    For example, unlike skirmishes, they don't use scaling when you select a group size. So a solo battle is designed to be a solo battle, a 6 person is designed to be 6 person, etc. Not scaled up to whatever number you choose.
    Didn't I read somewhere that there are going to be five big battles or did I imagine that? If so, is there like 2 solo, 1 small fellowship, 1 fellowship, and 1 raid? I assumed they all scaled to group size. If five is the number that is going to be a very limiting set of content it seems. Five can't be the number- I must have imagined that.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone - an end-game raiding kinship

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere that there are going to be five big battles or did I imagine that? If so, is there like 2 solo, 1 small fellowship, 1 fellowship, and 1 raid? I assumed they all scaled to group size. If five is the number that is going to be a very limiting set of content it seems. Five can't be the number- I must have imagined that.
    It's even better than that. All are solo/duo, some have bigger group variations.

Q5: Do Big Battles support traditional group sizes? What about solo and duo players?
    Q6: Will group instances be different from the solo and duo instances or is it all scaled like in the past?

Each instance in the Battle for Helm’s Deep has a solo option by default. The solo option allows two players to be in the instance together, but does not increase its difficulty when the second player joins. Select instances of the battle will also feature certain group sizes as options, either 3, 6, or 12. The group version is a completely different space from the solo and has been handcrafted to be suitable for that player count.
    Dobric 100 guardian Dobs 101 burglar Dorblin 64 runekeeper Dobli 37 minstrel Dimbli 20 champion Dobriel 20 loremaster Dabeldor 23 captain Dobegar 21 hunter Dobebrand 21 warden Dobeorn 23 beorning | Moved from Snowbourn and Gilrain to Laurelin

I've seen this number of five big battles being mentioned now several times, but have no clue where it comes from. Can someone offer help? Is there an official quote? Normally I follow up the official announcements, dev diarys, 20 Questions, twitter-chats etc., but it seems, that I have overlooked this piece of information...

Quote Originally Posted by DobbelB_EU View Post
    It's even better than that. All are solo/duo, some have bigger group variations.
    So it scales to your group?
    Truth and Justice

Angry

No raids, trait trees and a remake of our characters yet again. Personally I am sick to death of remaking my characters every time they give us an expansion. It's been a long 5 years of playing LOTRO but honestly if I wanted to be playing WOW or SWTOR, or Guild Wars, I'd have been playing them. I used to love this game

Quote Originally Posted by Golund View Post
    Yes, the first of the Dev Diaries on Class changes -- Burglar -- were posted yesterday. https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles

Sapience has indicated that they will be posted in alphabetical order, so Wardens will have to wait a bit..
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

where does the number 5 come from? and its not like instances where every instance is just for a special number of players. they are more like skirmishes where you can determine the size of the skirmish with the size of your group...

Quote Originally Posted by Farbolo View Post
    I've seen this number of five big battles being mentioned now several times, but have no clue where it comes from. Can someone offer help? Is there an official quote? Normally I follow up the official announcements, dev diarys, 20 Questions, twitter-chats etc., but it seems, that I have overlooked this piece of information...
    I haven't read this number before... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunStalker View Post
    So it scales to your group?

more or less. there are for example the same number of mobs with the same moral when you go solo or duo, so the size won't get adapted when you go with a second person...

but they are scaled within a group, so I don't know if 3 and 6 and 12 have the same number of mobs and morale of these or if each one is scaled up separately

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    Yes, the first of the Dev Diaries on Class changes -- Burglar -- were posted yesterday. https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles

Sapience has indicated that they will be posted in alphabetical order, so Wardens will have to wait a bit..
    Burglar
    Captain
    Champion
    Guardian
    Hunter
    LoreMaster
    Ministrel
    Runekeeper
    Warden

And Sapience told that it'll need about 2 weeks to publish them, so maybe every second day or each day a new diary will be published...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast