We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

With apologies to The Family

It was brought to my attention today that The Family has also been nominated in this years Dragon Slayer awards. I wish someone had mentioned this to me earlier as I would have included you all in our previous posts about the awards. As hard as I may try, I don't know the name of every kin on every server, so I rely on your guys to keep me filled in when something should be called out. Please feel free to drop me a PM if your kin, or you know of a kin that has recieved a special recognition or if they're hosting any kind of server event. I might be able to help spotlight these things.

So, my apologies to The Family Kinship for the omission. Congratulations on your nomination for Best Group, Clan, or Guild.

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about...

The Dragon Slayer Awards are held annually and are 100% player nominated and voted. Just getting nominated is a major accomplishment as it means a large number of people thought enough of your game, group, etc. to put your name in the hat. LOTRO won last year for Most Passionate fan base and we have a great statue in our office as a result. This year LOTRO was nominated in a total of 4 categories and there are 7 total nominations as follows:

Most Passionate Fan Base
    • LOTRO

Best Community Team
    • LOTRO
    • Turbine

Community Manager
    • Rick “Sapience” Heaton

Best Group, Guild, or Clan
    • Dragonfly
    • The Family
    • The Lonely Mountain Band

You can vote here: http://community.guildlaunch.com/pro.../DragonSlayer/

Thumbs up

Hi Buddy!

That's okay, Rick. It was an honor just to be nominated. The world of clans, guilds and kinships is pretty vast. We are pretty sure our server mates supported us pretty well and we are content to be famous there. Thanks for the good work you do on the game, and we'll be sure to be more aggressive with sharing when we are nominated. However, if you knew our kin leader, you would find there is a larger amount of modest pride and mutual support going on in the kinthan there is boastful entitlement, and he espouses that humble outlook.

I'm still rooting for a sweep, though. Good luck, man!

(Disasterman, Cataclysmus, Katastrophe)
    The Family

Thank you very much rick for your apology in not pushing us forward in the nominations for dragonslayer awards but if people knew me then you would know no apology is needed. Whilst it is a great honour for Our kin to be nominated the greatest honour of all comes when i log on and see 6 people running an instance together and others helping each other with quests and in crafting.

I set this kin up with the objective to have a place where people could play the game and enjoy themself and possibly make friends whilst doing so. All my officers I have promoted in the meantime also share this view so that is what makes this kin the kin it is, and whilst i set the kin up The kin would not be the kin it is without the support of them officers and ofc the support of the kinnies themselves. So this as given me the opportunity to once again say thank you to them and if we do or do not win the award I am still proud to call myself the leader of the family.

The Family