We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Newbie Virtue Deeds

I am a relatively new player, and was wondering about area deeds for virtues. I just finished working in Ered Luin, but should I stop by the Shire, first and squash ninety each brigands, goblins, harvest flies, slugs, wolves and spiders before heading on to Bree, or can you reach 16 in a virtue fairly easily?

You won't reach 16 til way later, so you can safely skip the shire and come back when the mobs are even faster to kill.

But if you feel like doing it now, there's nothing wrong with that. And remember the exploration deeds and the quest deeds add virtues too.

Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    You won't reach 16 til way later, so you can safely skip the shire and come back when the mobs are even faster to kill.

But if you feel like doing it now, there's nothing wrong with that. And remember the exploration deeds and the quest deeds add virtues too.
    i would do those first... if i underdstand well you are a f2p player so far, so getting the extra xp is usefull for lvl-ing
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

If you're one of those players who likes to take their time as they level, you'll naturally get a lot of the deeds completed as you go. If, you move a little faster through games, you can do what I do and just forget about slayer deeds (the ones that say kill 100 purple cows or whatever), and just enjoy the story until you hit level cap. Once you get to level cap, there's generally more free time in the game and it's super easy to go back at 85 and wipe out those 100 level 15 purple cows.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Redmouser View Post
    I just finished working in Ered Luin, but should I stop by the Shire, first and squash ninety each brigands, goblins, harvest flies, slugs, wolves and spiders before heading on to Bree?
    Doing the Shire while about on level or at least below lv18 does speed up the slayer deed grind in that the mobs aggro...

Another plus bonus are for the starter areas: Bree, Ered Luin and Shire the slayer deeds are not too onerous...well ok slugs and sickle flies are a bit tedious due to having to wander around to find them all. Later Areas: I can definitely see the appeal of being level capped to 1 shot mobs to death....

If F2P: a must to maximize TP generation.
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    ...well ok slugs and sickle flies are a bit tedious due to having to wander around to find them all. Later Areas: I can definitely see the appeal of being level capped to 1 shot mobs to death....
    Slugs share a spawn with the flies and toads in the area. I suspect the same for sickle flies with neekers and spiders in Midgewater, so kill EVERYTHING to maximize spawning and speed deed completion. All the body parts will also give you a nice chunk of cash at a vendor.

As tsunamimc mentioned, if free to play you want to do ALL the deeds in the free regions (Ered Luin, Shire, Bree, Lone Lands) to get max TP. That will give you enough to buy Evendim to continue from 30 to 40, and some leftover to buy riding skill and some other things or get a start on the next content area.

Have fun!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com