We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fights Wednesday Night

I must say, I was extremely impressed with the level of incompetence the freeps displayed this Wednesday night. 40+ freeps afraid to push at a craid of 24 and then eventually wiping.

I'd like to know how you (freeps) viewed it from your end.

I can't speak for everyone, but I viewed it in stop-action animation, frame by frame. How on earth do you guys play in that lag?

I was disappointed because I wanted to play like I normally do creepside - up front and in the action, but with skills firing a full minute after being pressed that just wasn't happening. 1/2 the time I couldn't even get faced the right way

I don't think I'll do any more freepside raid groups - If I flip over freepside I think I'll look for a smaller group to hang with. Now I'll shut up and let others speak up.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Creep side was like a turn-based game, or a picture book, or something in between. Much of the time we couldn't tell if something died or if we were even moving.

Good ol' Turbine servers!

We certainly weren't afraid to push. After trying to engage in TR, then in TA, then in LC, we realized that BH wasn't killing us, lag was. Even when we tried open-field in front or TR, creeps pushed and we froze. Graphics turned low, half-naked, etc etc. I can usually play at high graphics and even I wasn't able to move.

But thanks for the observation.

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Creep side was like a turn-based game, or a picture book, or something in between. Much of the time we couldn't tell if something died or if we were even moving.

Good ol' Turbine servers!
    This. Every time an LM hit lightning I thought my defiler was having an epileptic episode.

But hell, I'll take 50ish freeps with ON buff any night of the week if it means 20k infamy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashal View Post
    We certainly weren't afraid to push. After trying to engage in TR, then in TA, then in LC, we realized that BH wasn't killing us, lag was. Even when we tried open-field in front or TR, creeps pushed and we froze. Graphics turned low, half-naked, etc etc. I can usually play at high graphics and even I wasn't able to move.

But thanks for the observation.
    I guess its not us killing you all the other nights either.

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    I guess its not us killing you all the other nights either.
    Lol daeco youre terrible without a raid, your RK is proof of that. Its not your fault Arkenstone has lag, and its not Arkenstone. Its Lotro.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    Lol daeco youre terrible without a raid, your RK is proof of that. Its not your fault Arkenstone has lag, and its not Arkenstone. Its Lotro.
    Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs.

Have a good day sir.
    Last edited by Daec; Aug 29 2013 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs.

Have a good day sir.
    Way to go Simba, you've grown to not care what others think. Mama Lion will be so proud.

Shame I wasn't online tonight to witness the lag fest...

Quote Originally Posted by BloodLoaf View Post
    Way to go Simba, you've grown to not care what others think. Mama Lion will be so proud.

Shame I wasn't online tonight to witness the lag fest...
    The lag is only notable because the outcome was predictable and expected. Freeps had a 2-1 advantage and they wiped over and over again. Seems to be the norm on Ark, im still baffled by it but at least the lag will be fun to talk about for a page or two. Its always nice coming into a thread with an excuse in the que.

I want to say, first of all great fight both side.
    A huge numbers of players, about more 60
    Lag is the biggest issue
    In short: The Lag give much affected.
    I want give a big compliment to freeps, which can persevere with the lag for so long.
    But despite the lag,
    yet beautiful moment and I have enjoyed many great fight moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I want to say, first of all great fight both side.
    A huge numbers of players, about more 60
    Lag is the biggest issue
    In short: The Lag give much affected.
    I want give a big compliment to freeps, which can persevere with the lag for so long.
    But despite the lag,
    yet beautiful moment and I have enjoyed many great fight moments.
    Lets all clarify something here...
    1.) There was lag yes.
    2.) Both sides experience lag in massive battles due to npcs, freep animations, creep animations, etc.
    3.) There are two types of lag, server lag from lots of people in one space and personal lag from someones ****** computer not being able to handle it.
    3.a) Just because you experience a lot of lag does not mean that everyone else is experiencing the same intensity. Your computer + Server lag = low frame rate. My Computer (which is better) + Server lag = better frame rate. We both experience bad frame rate due to server lag.
    4.) Freeps experience more lag due to more advanced skills, cosmetics, and animations than creeps.
    4.a) 2 Separate fraids hugging each others ba*** to fight 1 craid will cause lag.
    4.b) Perhaps if said fraids were to try and not steamroll 1 craid in the same area, the lag would be avoided or mitigated.

In conclusion: If you want to blame the lag for why 40-50 freeps were losing to a 24 creeps thats fine (we all know the real reason). Perhaps if your raid leaders didn't want to easymode steamroll we could have had less lagging battles. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    Lets all clarify something here...
    1.) There was lag yes.
    2.) Both sides experience lag in massive battles due to npcs, freep animations, creep animations, etc.
    3.) There are two types of lag, server lag from lots of people in one space and personal lag from someones ****** computer not being able to handle it.
    3.a) Just because you experience a lot of lag does not mean that everyone else is experiencing the same intensity. Your computer + Server lag = low frame rate. My Computer (which is better) + Server lag = better frame rate. We both experience bad frame rate due to server lag.
    4.) Freeps experience more lag due to more advanced skills, cosmetics, and animations than creeps.
    4.a) 2 Separate fraids hugging each others ba*** to fight 1 craid will cause lag.
    4.b) Perhaps if said fraids were to try and not steamroll 1 craid in the same area, the lag would be avoided or mitigated.

In conclusion: If you want to blame the lag for why 40-50 freeps were losing to a 24 creeps thats fine (we all know the real reason). Perhaps if your raid leaders didn't want to easymode steamroll we could have had less lagging battles. Food for thought.
    Thank voor politely reply.

Have a good day

So let me get this straight... You guys earn 20k because freeps came out and gave you something to do. You guys win...and bomb the threads with how horrible the freeps are but in reality this is what you guys want so that you can earn points. Wheres the logic here? Piss off freeps so bad that they keep coming out with more and more anger to try to finally win? No, you guys are going to be standing at the GV 1 shots next wed with nothing better to do...

I would say lag was a huge issue last night. There were also a lot of people in our group with very little Moors experience (I know. Excuses are for the weak or Freeps). At some point we realized that we would have to fight in open field areas and couldn't really be around any of the other freep groups. That wasn't always attainable.

I will also give BH credit. They ran a tight raid and were very effective.

I would like to see it become a weekly event but after the laggy mess that was last night I'm not sure it's worth it.

In the meantime boys. Don't break your uber arms patting yourselves on your uber backs.
    Last edited by Warspite_48; Aug 29 2013 at 02:53 PM.

So let me get this straight... You guys earn 20k because freeps came out and gave you something to do. You guys win...and bomb the threads with how horrible the freeps are but in reality this is what you guys want so that you can earn points. Wheres the logic here? Piss off freeps so bad that they keep coming out with more and more anger to try to finally win? No, you guys are going to be standing at the GV 1 shots next wed with nothing better to do...
    There is always something else to do, many of us play on multiple servers. You come on, you assess the action, you make a determination as to preference and proceed accordingly. I personally don't want freeps to be horrible, the fact a lot are isn't really that important. What is important is to be honest about what went down that night. BH had a 24 person raid, we didn't have any GT to speak of. We had a balanced 24 main, meaning the groups had a WL, some DPS support heals etc (notice we didn't have wargs). We were able to keep most of the buffs, most of the keeps against what appeared to be 50+. Sure a lot of us are experienced PvP players, yep there was lag (we lagged plenty) but literally we had the on buff 3-4 times randomly through the night. Freeps had to have had great numbers to produce that (think about it, creeps had the on buff....). No I don't want that, id rather have a nice RvR fight anyday where neither side has lag and everyone gets kills. The fact is with that many numbers you should have been camping us at grams, had 200% bonus (which we had) and been the side with the higher point total. The fact that didn't happen may mean the freeps are horrible, but over a 3 hour period I think you'll have a hard time convincing anyone who's been in the moors more then a week that "lag freepside" was the cause for such a horrible night for them. I mean creeps had the on buff, how many more people do you need?

Actually i'd rather have challenging fights where both sides battle to the death, rather than freeps having a staring contest with us while having 2 to 1 numbers, then end up dying most with their backs turned.

I was disappointed not to see you there loaf. I know at least when you're out the fight will be brought.

>Beating up a ragged pug mired in lag

>Implying skill

>mfw

wtb cross-server ranked bg's and arenas

19. Who needs VIP for the Moors when I can just watch the re-enactment on the forums.

The freeps lagged out pretty bad so it's not that we didn't want to push into the keeps but the fact that we could not go push into the keeps without lagging so when we went in and could not do anything it was just letting BH farm us and that's no fun.

reading this is better then logging into the broken game.

Quote Originally Posted by aquawolf View Post
    The freeps lagged out pretty bad so it's not that we didn't want to push into the keeps but the fact that we could not go push into the keeps without lagging so when we went in and could not do anything it was just letting BH farm us and that's no fun.
    Okay okay, i'll come clean and let you guys in on a secret.

The ON buff protects creeps from lag.

Who cares I am trying to get my bounder bags.....

It must take a real asshat to make a thread to call out half a server on their incompetence. way to go loser..

Remember that time at cows we had 5 people vs 20+ creeps and we steam rolled you all for 20 minuets at a creep's map point near their res outnumbered 4-1/6-1 at some points. How much incompetence do the (creeps) have ehh?
    Last edited by yourmumsbf; Aug 30 2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsbf View Post
    It must take a real asshat to make a thread to call out half a server on their incompetence. way to go loser..

Remember that time at cows we had 5 people vs 20+ creeps and we steam rolled you all for 20 minuets at a creep's map point near their res outnumbered 4-1/6-1 at some points. How much incompetence do the (creeps) have ehh?
    ooooooohhhh someone's upset.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast