We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Multiboxing in the Moors.

    This discussion has been going on over on my server for a while (and since I first saw it many years ago) since a certain person decided to run around with 4 toons at one time. One leads them they all auto follow each other and of course they are very hard to kill, takes at least a good group. Now, to my understanding the CoC states;

    1. While participating in the Game or on the Game Website you must respect the rights of others to play and enjoy the Game world as intended by Turbine.

    and also

    4. While playing the Game or participating in related services, you may not exhibit or partake in behavior that is disruptive to the Game’s normal playability, causes grief or alarm to other players, or degrades the service performance or other players’ client software (for example, deliberately using game bugs or loopholes to disrupt the game or dropping excessive items).

    Now, I am 100% certain the developers did not intend for people to multibox...and according to #1 of the CoC we all must play the game as it was intended by Turbine. It is not normal to have a group or more to kill 1 player, well, I won't get into the OP status of Freeps lol, but you know what I mean. It is not normal. What is normal is people play one toon at a time, is that not normal? Now, we see in #4 that we are not allowed to partake in any behavior that is disruptive to the game's normal playability, causes grief... IMHO a multi-boxer is doing just that, partaking in behavior that is disruptive and causing grief, and again, it's not normal. On that same note, if 3rd party software is not allowed in-game, and these multi-boxers have all 4 (or whatever number of toons) moving, fighting, running, etc., all at the same time, there is no way possible the person is controlling each toon separately therefore some sort of macro or program must be running them.

    I do not know any MMO that I have ever played that allowed multi-boxing/bots. I have not played every MMO so maybe there are some out there that do, I do not know. Yet, according to Turbine's own CoC multi-boxers are, yes, they are, going against the CoC and something needs to be done about it once and for all.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Depends on which game I'm in :)
    Posts
    6,708
    This has been discussed many times in the past. Many of your points are incorrect. It has been stated by Turbine over and over again, that multi-boxing is allowed and does not violate the ToS/CoC/EULA or any other rule that Turbine has. However, you must be present and in control of each and every character. No automated control such as through 3rd party software.

    It also does not matter what any player "feels" is a violation of the rules. Only Turbine's interpretation of the rules counts, since they have the final say so. And since Turbine allows multi-boxing, just because a player multi-boxes does not mean that they are violating the rules.

    Oh, and most of the MMOs I have played allowed multi-boxing. Turbine has allowed it in LOTRO since day 1 of the original Open Beta (pre-launch).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post
    I am 100% certain the developers did not intend for people to multibox...
    I don't know what "the developers" intended, but Turbine as an organization has said it's fine. That's not the call I'd make in a competitive environment (PvMP), but my opinion on the matter is irrelevant. So is yours. They get to make those decisions.

    I do not know any MMO that I have ever played that allowed multi-boxing/bots
    Multiboxing is common. "Bots" (unattended, automated clients) are generally not allowed, and they aren't allowed here either.

    Khafar

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,044
    though i agree with the fact multiboxing is not cheating... i don't think it would be bad if there were no multiboxing in the moors at all
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    moors
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post
    This discussion has been going on over on my server for a while (and since I first saw it many years ago) since a certain person decided to run around with 4 toons at one time.
    Hmmm, just 4? We got a rank 6 reaver running around on riddermark with 20 rank 6 reavers behind him... And they all got impale.
    When he is running around the freeps will have the outnumbered buff and if they just have one good warden and a healer, they are basicly dead.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post
    snip
    Multi-boxing id not against the rules at all, they even put a tick box in the launcher options to allow multi-boxing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post

    I do not know any MMO that I have ever played that allowed multi-boxing/bots. I have not played every MMO so maybe there are some out there that do, I do not know. Yet, according to Turbine's own CoC multi-boxers are, yes, they are, going against the CoC and something needs to be done about it once and for all.

    Thank you.
    I don't know what mmo's you have played but so far i haven't come across one that doesn't allow multi-boxing in some form or other, in fact many mmo's encourage the use of multiple accounts (more revenue for them).
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    219
    I think you should probably stop calling what you are seeing mutiboxing. Using that word seems to raise a red flag and leads to the standard response that multiboxing is allowed. If you were to explain that multiboxing enables the unfair gameplay you are describing, or define what you are seeing without using that word at all, you might have more luck. I tried yesterday in response to the standard reply within the official rank farming thread, but it was probably the wrong place to do so, and I may have explained myself badly anyway.

    For what it's worth, I agree with you. While there are probably some legit uses of multiboxing, some are very unfair when used against other players in PvP combat. In particular, enabling one player to inflict the damage of half a dozen characters at once, or to have a constant stream of heals and buffs. Neither of these situations allows for a fair fight.

  8. #8

    Mostly Typical Answers

    I disagree with all of you including Turbine (except for Mirnir). Thus why I posted the CoC rules 1 and 4. Both those clearly show what I was saying...it is not what Turbine intended, it is not normal gameplay and it is disruptive. I am also saying Turbine is allowing things which go against their own CoC, just like they did with farming. Maybe someday they will see this like they finally saw farming or "FCing"; it's wrong. I had many an argument for 5 years about that (nothing in the CoC stopped it...?), took them long enough but they finally came up with an answer to stop it. I will call it as it is, multi-boxing is cheating.

  9. #9
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post
    I disagree with all of you including Turbine (except for Mirnir). Thus why I posted the CoC rules 1 and 4. Both those clearly show what I was saying...it is not what Turbine intended, it is not normal gameplay and it is disruptive. I am also saying Turbine is allowing things which go against their own CoC, just like they did with farming. Maybe someday they will see this like they finally saw farming or "FCing"; it's wrong. I had many an argument for 5 years about that (nothing in the CoC stopped it...?), took them long enough but they finally came up with an answer to stop it. I will call it as it is, multi-boxing is cheating.

    Your primary problem is you are making an argument that is not yours to make. Namely what we did or did not intend. I think, as others have pointed out, the fact that the game client ALLOWS you to enable multi-boxing should be pretty clear that we do not consider this to be a violation.

    You may certainly keep your own opinions, but those are the facts.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload