We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 116
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    8k critD is... Sick xD So you have a golden pocket, 2x School rings, 2x LI Scrolls, Golden Necklace?
    2k from pocket, 2k from bow, 1k from cloak and 2k from ring proc and 500 from hedge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Yeah I went to our 1v1 area and didn't realise I was having Cappy buffs and Hope. So I was on 13k morale and 10k crit. Made everything so much easier...
    Also I have capped crit.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Over the Top
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post

    Also I have capped crit.
    May you give us more details?
    Atm i am sitting around 9.8/10,3 k crit + ring proc with 13,5k morale (r12)

    I watched your video too and i really like the places where you do spars, much better places then GTA that is the middle of the map , i wish we could do the same in snowbourn .
    Just a thing , in my server Controlled Burn isn't allowed
    Last edited by Anolus; Oct 09 2013 at 11:24 AM.


  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    As for the crits, yeah those. Mine never crit so high...
    Hope token and fervour pot make a pretty huge difference if you aren't using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Just a thing , in my server Controlled Burn isn't allowed
    adding to the above, seeking blade and food when you say you consistently win, seems kinda backwards. Every server has its own status quo though.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    2k from pocket, 2k from bow, 1k from cloak and 2k from ring proc and 500 from hedge.
    Fairly easy to obtain, then. But that give me the question how do you get:

    Also I have capped crit.
    I have 9k, with 1100 from bow and cloak. So hooow xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Just a thing , in my server Controlled Burn isn't allowed
    Le what? I always use it vs Reavers, simply for the reflect and AD. Can't imagine Way of the Warden is not allowed either.

    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Hope token and fervour pot make a pretty huge difference if you aren't using them.
    Against my personal 1v1 etiquette.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Fairly easy to obtain, then. But that give me the question how do you get:
    I have 9k, with 1100 from bow and cloak. So hooow xD
    Horselords recipes. Brandy has at least 1 24-man raid farming lvl 85 mobs around the clock, meaning their availability and price is probably vastly different from on your server.

    Le what? I always use it vs Reavers, simply for the reflect and AD. Can't imagine Way of the Warden is not allowed either.
    Against my personal 1v1 etiquette.
    And I wasn't suggesting you should, but you're comparing your outcomes to champs who are dropping everything they can besides adamant, DN, and bubbles. I'm just pointing out how unbalanced the playing field is, and that its more than simply gear that creates the lack of 'balance'

    I doubt a creep has even seen WotW in RoR, given that it would require dropping DC, GMWT, or a capstone, all of which are much better. I'd still consider it bad manners in a 1v1, just like CB is (and their benefits are pretty similar).The benefits CB give are no less important than things like Hope tokens, Seeking, Fervour pots, or stacked food. Dropping all of those in a 1v1 is a pretty huge swing in the outcomes of fights.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  6. #56
    Every server has their own 1v1 "code" so to speak.

    As you can see I beat 2 Reavers in the vid without CB and 1 without Fervour pot with pretty much the exact same morale left on me (1 spar I used no heals at all). The 5% AD is kind of useless and so is the ICPR. The reflect is no biggy either as I could just swap to glory before starting and back into Fervour or just spent the 2 Fervour at the start and then forget about it since the fights last around 40 sec. The only thing that is useful is the +1 pip gen.

    It's also a general consensus that food + token = dof pots and pre-pots.

    The thing is, some spars I drop down to 3k while others I win with 8k left. I was doing all those things in both kind spars which shows that its crit that really makes the difference. Not even OPs make much difference, I regularly fight with 0 OPs but results rarely vary except for when unusual crit behavior presents itself.

    My personal opinion is that unless someone comes in vent and bitches at me about doing something perceived as OP I won't stop doing it.

    As for my build, I'll post it in a bit.

    PS: I hate GTA/GTR circles too, waaaaay too laggy.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    as I could just swap to glory before starting and back into Fervour
    You can not; that gives the Common damage reflect, not the traited one. Noticed that after a couple of times of doing it. Then again, most Reavers use Common damage anyway.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You can not; that gives the Common damage reflect, not the traited one. Noticed that after a couple of times of doing it. Then again, most Reavers use Common damage anyway.
    I trait it, more chance to reflect. Also, common damage isn't all that effective against Champs.
    Last edited by Shintagh; Oct 10 2013 at 01:40 AM.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    I trait it, more chance to reflect. Also, common damage isn't all that effective against Champs.
    You misunderstood me. If you go from Glory to Fervour, the reflect that you get is the untraited version. So even if you trait it (like me), you won't get the Shadow and Fire reflect from changing from Glory to Fervour.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You misunderstood me. If you go from Glory to Fervour, the reflect that you get is the untraited version. So even if you trait it (like me), you won't get the Shadow and Fire reflect from changing from Glory to Fervour.
    seconded. Even when traited reprisal, when you swap to glory it switches to fire, shadow, and common but when you switch back it switches back to common only. Only cb allows you to reflect fire and shadow in fervour.

    But I disagree completely that cb doesn't change the sway of the fight. You're doing 1-2k reflect damage in that span, and building pips quicker results in getting the reaver to half morale quicker which results in merciful spams that are more often 2 pips instead of 1, not to mention the -5% ad does in fact come into play when you're merci spamming.

    But I also agree that crit is king in the moors since we have insane crit multipliers compared to creeps and physical mastery is drops in the bucket at this point of the game. I"m also gonna have to try to get more Crit d in my build too.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Oct 10 2013 at 12:09 PM.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    seconded. Even when traited reprisal, when you swap to glory it switches to fire, shadow, and common but when you switch back it switches back to common only. Only cb allows you to reflect fire and shadow in fervour.
    Well you can just Fear Nothing/Battle Frenzy ---> EoB. It does work then.

    But I disagree completely that cb doesn't change the sway of the fight. You're doing 1-2k reflect damage in that span, and building pips quicker results in getting the reaver to half morale quicker which results in merciful spams that are more often 2 pips instead of 1, not to mention the -5% ad does in fact come into play when you're merci spamming.
    Aye, agreed. The pip generation is the main thing, though. Huge DPS increase.

    But I also agree that crit is king in the moors since we have insane crit multipliers compared to creeps and physical mastery is drops in the bucket at this point of the game. I"m also gonna have to try to get more Crit d in my build too.
    Agreed here, too. I really saw the difference on my Warden. In RoI I had 4k crit rating, now I have 8k (stilll low, no gold stuff, crafted), bu 7% increase in chance. My performance in 1v1 increased greatly. For champs the difference is even greater, hence my focus: crit - tact mit - critD - vit - PM - might
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Well you can just Fear Nothing/Battle Frenzy ---> EoB. It does work then.
    I thought i tried that and it didn't give me the updated version in fervour. Hmm

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You misunderstood me. If you go from Glory to Fervour, the reflect that you get is the untraited version. So even if you trait it (like me), you won't get the Shadow and Fire reflect from changing from Glory to Fervour.
    It seems you're right, I never noticed that but still I can just spend 2 Fervour and be set for the fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    But I disagree completely that cb doesn't change the sway of the fight.
    I still hold that it doesn't do enough to sway the fight 1 way or the other. The only time I lose a fight is when I get extremely low crits, literally 0% sometimes. I dont see how CB would help in that situation. I play a Reaver too and I don't feel like CB is something I should whine about. FO/Sprint are OP for sure but CB is merely a luxury and the majority of the server agree to this.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    It seems you're right, I never noticed that but still I can just spend 2 Fervour and be set for the fight.
    Indeed, I always do.

    I still hold that it doesn't do enough to sway the fight 1 way or the other. The only time I lose a fight is when I get extremely low crits, literally 0% sometimes. I dont see how CB would help in that situation. I play a Reaver too and I don't feel like CB is something I should whine about. FO/Sprint are OP for sure but CB is merely a luxury and the majority of the server agree to this.
    Actually, I've won many fights with CB I would've lost without it. Mainly Reavers/Wargs, then. The AD and pip generation really does make a difference.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Actually, I've won many fights with CB I would've lost without it. Mainly Reavers/Wargs, then. The AD and pip generation really does make a difference.
    I don't know what to say, I can just point to my video and say that the 2 spars I didn't use CB I walked without pretty much the same morale as the spars I used CB in.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    I don't know what to say, I can just point to my video and say that the 2 spars I didn't use CB I walked without pretty much the same morale as the spars I used CB in.
    Maybe that was just because of the Reavers, not because of you?
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,245
    We have enough of an advantage over reavers (who aren't using wrath/AtO) without CB, food/hope, fervour pots etc. I can understand people with subpar gear using them, but not those of us with mostly best in slot items. Sparring in such a way that you almost never lose is not very sporting.

    That said, I do agree that it's basically just crit luck if both players are good. If the reaver doesn't get at least 1 impale crit they have essentially no chance of winning even without any cooldowns/consumables.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    We have enough of an advantage over reavers (who aren't using wrath/AtO) without CB, food/hope, fervour pots etc. I can understand people with subpar gear using them, but not those of us with mostly best in slot items. Sparring in such a way that you almost never lose is not very sporting.
    Yeah well... I don't have the best in slot items.

    That said, I do agree that it's basically just crit luck if both players are good. If the reaver doesn't get at least 1 impale crit they have essentially no chance of winning even without any cooldowns/consumables.
    Not true in the slightest. Impale non-crits for 2,5k on me. 11k morale: about 23% of my total morale. Twice in a fight + DS + Bleeds + other attacks... I'm dead still.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Not true in the slightest. Impale non-crits for 2,5k on me. 11k morale: about 23% of my total morale. Twice in a fight + DS + Bleeds + other attacks... I'm dead still.
    That is perhaps the case for you, it isn't for me. I have certainly lost a few times with no impale crits, but it's rare.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    That is perhaps the case for you, it isn't for me. I have certainly lost a few times with no impale crits, but it's rare.
    It's all about the gear...
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  21. #71
    Made a video of some 1v1s with the best reaver and spider I've fought on E (and seen anywhere else for that matter). Figured I'd share it here.

    No morale/fervour/debuff pots, bracing, hedge, seeking, cb, bubbles, DN etc. Reaver wasn't using resilience/ato/wrath. Spider wasn't using wte/burrow/reflect.

    With bracing/hedge I tend to parse at least 100 dps higher than without, and from what I've seen gives a significant advantage over a reaver using wrath/resilience.


    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6etPjVv8Y
    All the jewels I have/use: http://i44.tinypic.com/33arznc.jpg

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Maybe that was just because of the Reavers, not because of you?
    No, it's because of him. Kunidana is a well know FOTM champ on Brandy, he will use every CD possible to avoid losing.

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddyfence View Post
    Made a video of some 1v1s with the best reaver and spider I've fought on E (and seen anywhere else for that matter). Figured I'd share it here.

    No morale/fervour/debuff pots, bracing, hedge, seeking, cb, bubbles, DN etc. Reaver wasn't using resilience/ato/wrath. Spider wasn't using wte/burrow/reflect.

    With bracing/hedge I tend to parse at least 100 dps higher than without, and from what I've seen gives a significant advantage over a reaver using wrath/resilience.


    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6etPjVv8Y
    All the jewels I have/use: http://i44.tinypic.com/33arznc.jpg
    Like I said in the comments, very impressive. Basically, you negate the first 7k damage, while still doing DPS yourself.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddyfence View Post
    Made a video of some 1v1s
    ... snip ...
    Nice vid, but you're gear swapping which I don't have anything against personally but the QQ on BW on gear swapping is insane. I used to do it too. I started with 19.5k morale and finished with 9k. No cds etc just like you. It really doesn't make much of a difference if you're getting that extra morale through gear swapping or bracing attack. The effective morale pool roughly comes out to be the same which is 18-20k.

    Also most players are too stupid to figure out the OPness of swapping to DW for WA. For 1 if you have the golden axe that does light damage which automatically bumps WA damage by at least 5%. Second, WA on DW does almost twice as much damage as 2H and has twice the chance of giving bonus pips and twice the chance of giving the crit buff too. Just from the crit buff calculations alone DW WA gives roughly 3% more overall DPS (note dps not damage). All that combined gives, in my humble opinion, roughly what CB gives if not more.

    I'm just going to put it out there and say that there are 2 types of players, players who QQ when they lose and players who try to improve when they lose and there is no putting end to the QQers. If you auto attack and somehow win they will QQ.


    Warning: Thread derail inc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    No, it's because of him. Kunidana is a well know FOTM champ on Brandy, he will use every CD possible to avoid losing.
    Says the guy who will call in 90 creeps to avoid losing.
    Last edited by Shintagh; Oct 14 2013 at 06:47 AM.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    Nice vid, but you're gear swapping which I don't have anything against personally but the QQ on BW on gear swapping is insane. I used to do it too. I started with 19.5k morale and finished with 9k. No cds etc just like you. It really doesn't make much of a difference if you're getting that extra morale through gear swapping or bracing attack. The effective morale pool roughly comes out to be the same which is 18-20k.
    I really need to L2Gearswap, I guess.

    Also most players are too stupid to figure out the OPness of swapping to DW for WA. For 1 if you have the golden axe that does light damage which automatically bumps WA damage by at least 5%. Second, WA on DW does almost twice as much damage as 2H and has twice the chance of giving bonus pips and twice the chance of giving the crit buff too. Just from the crit buff calculations alone DW WA gives roughly 3% more overall DPS (note dps not damage). All that combined gives, in my humble opinion, roughly what CB gives if not more.
    It used to make me lag out, maybe that's why some people don't. I don't lag anymore now, at least not because of my PC, so I swap now. It indeed does make a difference. I noticed about a 200 DPS increase from swapping. In PvE, that is.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload