We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    -_- I don't like where this thread is going. Stay on topic guys

Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    I need TP! TP for my ....!

You have acquired [5 Turbine Points].
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Did the math, and you only get a measly 1.2% increase in dps due solely to the higher chance of the crit buff from Wild attack in DW vs 2H.
    This is assuming that you use WA the same number of time which is not the case. I doubt I use it even half as much as Kid. I only use it at the end with MS spam.

This doesn't account for the increase in dps from 2 hits wild attack, nor does it account for the extra pip you get from crits on wild attack or the quicker attack duration, which in my opinion do more towards your overall dps.
    I did, it washes away with the +5% dmg and AD.

Also, using dw for each wild attack and using controlled burn are not mutually exclusive, so you can have both benefits at the same time. For comparison purposes of which is stronger, I'd say controlled burn is by far a greater advantage because of the cumulative effects of more pips, more damage, quicker attacks, and reflect damage(which could be considered more pips and more damage).
    It's not (in pvp), just try it. I wish people would stop talking about it and actually parse it in 1v1s and come post 6 parses with CB parsing 1200 and 6 without it parsing 500 and call me a noob but we all know that's not happening. If there isn't a decisive and consistent difference in the dps outputs then all this QQ holds no merit. Most creeps on BW understand that it doesn't do much and that's why they don't complain about it. While you may be here arguing for education or just straight up seeking the truth, the majority of others are here because of their epeen and the need to be acknowledged as the gurus of lotro. If you dissect their posts, you'll find elaborate attempts to generate drama while facts or arguments are virtually non-existent. It's all "you're bad because I said so" which translates into "you're bad because you're not friends with us".

And in my opinion, if you agree it's all about crit, why do you feel the need to pop cb
    I use it when it's up and not when it's not. I mainly do it to piss of cry babies that don't know what they're talking about. I win either majority of the time. As you said, it's all about the crit.

, dev pot
    Again most people don't know what they're talking about here. They think the +35% dev mag is the big thing here. It might be IF I ever dev in the last 5 seconds of the spar because that's when I usually use it as part of a killing blow rotation. I get a MS dev like 1 out of 20 fights and it wouldn't make much difference if I dev for 4.9k or 5.3k. If MS devs it's over. I use it for the Fervour because I'm too lazy to grind a minor legacy for BF to bring it down to 40 sec and use it twice in a fight. It's the Fervour, it's not uncommon that I use lvl 60 Fervour pots that give +10 dev mag for that reason. It's just that I get the lvl 85 ones for free.

, buffs, etc?
    Because they do. It's really fun when they avoid 3 brutals in a row. I don't go around crying about their buffs then.
    Last edited by Shintagh; Oct 17 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Oh poor Kuni. Can't accept the fact he's not as good as he thinks. Something that hasn't been mentioned, I think: he had the population buff in almost half those fights; Hope token and CB in all of them with food; Those reavers are not good. All there is to see here is class superiority, provided by all the buffs and unnecesary skills used. Kidefence proving he's still the top champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    I use it when it's up and not when it's not. I mainly do it to piss of cry babies that don't know what they're talking about. I win either majority of the time. As you said, it's all about the crit.

Again most people don't know what they're talking about here. They think the +35% dev mag is the big thing here. It might be IF I ever dev in the last 5 seconds of the spar because that's when I usually use it as part of a killing blow rotation. I get a MS dev like 1 out of 20 fights and it wouldn't make much difference if I dev for 4.9k or 5.3k. If MS devs it's over. I use it for the Fervour because I'm too lazy to grind a minor legacy for BF to bring it down to 40 sec and use it twice in a fight. It's the Fervour, it's not uncommon that I use lvl 60 Fervour pots that give +10 dev mag for that reason. It's just that I get the lvl 85 ones for free.

Because they do. It's really fun when they avoid 3 brutals in a row. I don't go around crying about their buffs then.
    I completely understand that a lot of people are now posting responses in this thread because they want to troll you. They'll find ways to ruin any good conversation and I understand that. But I also understand this very clearly: Imagine we had a maximum and minimum dps potential in each fight. The greatest variance is Crit, but other things factor into changing our maximums and minimums. If you do any of those things I listed and you rebutted( cb, dev pot, buffs), they increase your potential minimum dps and potential maximum dps. There is no downside to any of them. What I mean is, if you use any of them in a fight, you can't lower your potential maximum or minimum whatsoever. So Why would you, if you win nearly every time and it's so faceroll, do things in your fights to increase your potential range of dps on both ends if it's not necessary? to piss people off? I'd be pissed too.

What I mean is, if you use any of them in a fight, you can't lower your potential maximum or minimum whatsoever. So Why would you, if you win nearly every time and it's so faceroll, do things in your fights to increase your potential range of dps on both ends if it's not necessary? to piss people off? I'd be pissed too.
    I'd put to it two things:
    1. Trying to prove how amazing he is at the class despite mechanic imbalance between the sides
    2. He hates dying or the chance of it. Kuni will do anything possible to avoid it. RvR shows this well, especially when he's leading. Killed him a few times in under 2 minutes one fight and he ragequit the raid he was leading.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    1. Trying to prove how amazing he is at the class despite mechanic imbalance between the sides
    2. He hates dying or the chance of it. Kuni will do anything possible to avoid it. RvR shows this well, especially when he's leading. Killed him a few times in under 2 minutes one fight and he ragequit the raid he was leading.
    Please, just go away if you have nothing to add to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Translation: Kuni leads 10 freeps against the China zerg so Evil brings 24 against him. Kuni tries to find more people during off-peak hour but hey, it's called off-hour for a reason. Conclusion: Evil feels all good in his tummy after beating kunis 10 with 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnazh View Post
    Oh poor Kuni. Can't accept the fact he's not as good as he thinks. Something that hasn't been mentioned, I think: he had the population buff in almost half those fights; Hope token and CB in all of them with food; Those reavers are not good. All there is to see here is class superiority, provided by all the buffs and unnecesary skills used. Kidefence proving he's still the top champion.
    Unlike you, I don't have anything to prove to anyone. I play the game whichever way it pleases me and the people around me except for the angry bunch that is here. So, stay mad.

I completely understand that a lot of people are now posting responses in this thread because they want to troll you. They'll find ways to ruin any good conversation and I understand that. But I also understand this very clearly: Imagine we had a maximum and minimum dps potential in each fight. The greatest variance is Crit, but other things factor into changing our maximums and minimums. If you do any of those things I listed and you rebutted( cb, dev pot, buffs), they increase your potential minimum dps and potential maximum dps. There is no downside to any of them. What I mean is, if you use any of them in a fight, you can't lower your potential maximum or minimum whatsoever. So Why would you, if you win nearly every time and it's so faceroll, do things in your fights to increase your potential range of dps on both ends if it's not necessary? to piss people off? I'd be pissed too.
    A very good question. The answer is, if any one of those Reavers walked up to me and asked me to fight without CB I would for as long as they want regardless if I win or lose. Hell I regularly fight creeps with 0 ops and the WL damage buff for good sports. When I said I do it to piss "them" off, I meant cowboys such as those in this thread that are in such a desperate need of acceptance and acknowledgement.

As for your dps argument, the answer is right there in the question. If there was enough of a difference to QQ about I should be losing all the spars without CB which I don't. If there isn't enough of a difference to sway the fight one way or the either then the QQ holds no merit. It's not like I tell people to wait on CB before fighting. I don't even wait on SB/Hedge. I just use whatever's up because it barely contributes to the final result. Crit or lose. My vid shows it, Kids vid shows it and pretty much every fight a Reaver's ever had shows it. Nothing short of bubbles/dn will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    What does that tell you? That all of those things are a mere luxury. The main thing that matters is how much you crit. You can crit 25% with 10% crit and 10% with 25%. Nothing you do can change that and that's the bottom line. Hell you can pop TH to get the +10% crit chance and still come out with nada. In your video all the spars you lost were because you didn't crit and the Reaver crit and vice versa.
    Other than play style and ability, DPS is decided solely by gear, cds, pots etc. While individual fights can be decided primarily by luck, the more (and longer) fights you do, the smaller the variance. That is to say, eventually, given enough fights, your average DPS will approach a number based on playing ability and gear/cds/pots. E.g. bracing to try to proc debuff removal will increase your dps by about 10% against reavers, so if you average 500 dps over a large number of fights without bracing, you will likely parse around 550 dps with bracing. While you may still lose individual fights if the RNG favors your opponents, but overall you will win many, many more fights. The more gear/CDs/pots you have or use the larger the disparity. That's the point I, and I assume others, have been trying to get across. It's just how math and the game mechanics work.

The point being: it's possible to win with 10% crit, but 25% crit is going to win so many more fights. It's not a matter of luxury at all.

dev pot---> ferocius strikes --->clobber---> Battle frenzy---> merciful strikes it's one of the many combo you can open using DEv pot etc , they ofc change the direction of the match everytime we use em
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    dev pot---> ferocius strikes --->clobber---> Battle frenzy---> merciful strikes it's one of the many combo you can open using DEv pot etc , they ofc change the direction of the match everytime we use em
    I didn't know Dev pots were used in 1v1's on Snowbourn?...
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I didn't know Dev pots were used in 1v1's on Snowbourn?...
    They aren't, nor are consumables in general, at least not by most people. The point is that a free 5 fervour can make a big difference in a fight, despite what some people in this thread would have you believe.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    They aren't, nor are consumables in general, at least not by most people. The point is that a free 5 fervour can make a big difference in a fight, despite what some people in this thread would have you believe.
    Oh it certainly is a gamechanger. 5 Fervour = Brutal + Clobber + Merciful, for free. That's like... 3-5k damage depending on crits.
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Oh it certainly is a gamechanger. 5 Fervour = Brutal + Clobber + Merciful, for free. That's like... 3-5k damage depending on crits.
    I'd change that to 1-8 maybe 9k depending on RNG cuz stuff gets avoided,but stuff also crits and devs often enough. and ifit devs with magnitude buffs...might even go that i meanin the caseof EVERYTHIGN deving, which can happen...

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    I'd change that to 1-8 maybe 9k depending on RNG cuz stuff gets avoided,but stuff also crits and devs often enough. and ifit devs with magnitude buffs...might even go that i meanin the caseof EVERYTHIGN deving, which can happen...
    Which is why I took an average.
    Brandywine

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5