We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn

Commendation farming

I hve three characters in freepside, and a level 4 Orc Reaver (fully armoured fire orc appearence YEAH BABY) and a level 1 Warg Stalker (no appearance yet...yawn). I find it hard to get commendations as I cannot take on freeps alone, and the time when I play there are usually no Monster Players or freeps on. So quests give piddly amounts of commendations, but its all I have. Does anyone have tips for non-freep farming commendations?
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

I hear PvP gives you a lot of commendations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    I hear PvP gives you a lot of commendations.
    Proposterous rumour.

Wtmf did I just read?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMortician View Post
    Wtmf did I just read?
    OP requests assistance in finding efficient methods of acquiring commendations.

So you want to earn commendations without having to kill freeps, right?

Map deeds are pretty much your best and only bet. Focus on quests that fall under a given keep in your quest log, rather than ones under 'ettenmoors'. 10 quests for a keep gets you 500 comms and a 'crude' map, 25 total for a keep is 1000 more comms and a 'poor' map, 50 total is another 1500 comms and a 'good' map, so earning all 3 maps for all 5 keeps gets you 15,000 comms in total, plus the quest rewards. Getting these maps (aside from good Isen, which is kinda useless) is a huge part of becoming an effective creep player, as the mobility they provide is invaluable.

last i recall the quickest pve way were the keep deeds on greenies, but it requires more or less:
    a group, semi competent
    no opposition

which is generally the sort of atmosphere you'll find around the xpac launches, since people are levelling and whatnot

Easiest way is to make the intro quest/deed over and over again:

1. Make new creep
    2. Do all the quests for the "Gift from the War-tyrant" deed + the scout-quests from the same NPCs
    3. Hand in
    4. Remove creep - start over

The only real requirement is tha Lug is Red, and it's ofc best to do it when there's low or no activity (to avoid getting zerged somewhere on the map)

Takes ~15 minutes and gives 260 comms = a bit over 1k comms per hour, probably better than a low rank can achieve with actual PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    OP requests assistance in finding efficient methods of acquiring commendations.
    Sorry, I misread. Thought they said there wasn't any freeps to kill on their creep and no creeps to kill on their freep. Seemed like a pretty strange server to me if they were the only one playing on it

Yes, Map quests help a bunch if you're not ready for PvP on your toon yet.
    PvP is definitely a quicker way to pick up Comms though.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Proposterous rumour.

I always love reading your posts, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    I always love reading your posts, haha.
    I love reading them too.