We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

buh bye rank farmers

O this was the greatest thing to see this morning when i woke up. I know that is sad and all but dont judge me!
    I never thought i would see the day that they say they will crack down on people farming rank in the moors.
    No more greenie trains leaving grams station.

HAHA

HAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Brit-
    "I think we've seen historically that...the serious gamers are much more stable, and they're going to be around for a long time..." Sid Meier

Wanna know how to fix problem/complaint without actually fixing a problem/complaint?

Removed the means to track the problem/complaint then say you're fixing it.

My reply to *********:

Kinda silly giving me an infraction for "calling out" someone for doing something they, themselves have acknowledge publicly and have no issue doing. The only person that could possible be insulted by my post is "Hogpoker" who has no issues with doing what he was doing. I passed no judgment on him and his "actions in game" in my post nor was it insulting to anyone other than maybe Turbine. If Turbine is insult by the fact they allowed this to go on for so long under the ridiculous excuse of "we can't track it" then maybe they should have done something over a year ago about the "actions in game".

LOL at you...

Originally Posted by ***********

Dear doug01,

You have received an infraction at The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums.

Reason: 4. Calling out other players. (Moderate) Calling out other players for their actions in game, or attempting to shame them for actions you deem unacceptable, will not be tolerated. If you feel someone has acted in a way that is inappropriate or violates our terms of use, please use the ‘report this post’ option or contact a GM in game to report in-game behaviors.
    -------

-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
    Original Post:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6890455

Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post

I hope the other rank 15 warg on E gets banned now, he used to be known as Farmpaws of Firefoot and rank farmed from r0-r15 then transferred to E with a name change as if no one would notice the sudden appearance of (at the time) the only rank 15 warg in the US. This player abused the system and has tarnished the achievements of anyone looking to rank a warg.
    Nope, farmfoot managed to put out another r15 warg farmer, "Hogpoker".
    He had quit a few 400k-500k infamy days this summer. Yea, Turbine had no way to track farmers...
    All the best,
    The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums

Talk to you all in few months and remember "A vote for ******** is vote for progress! Vote today!
    Last edited by doug01; Aug 29 2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Names have been changed :D

lol @ the pvp community. No retro means that thay have 100% made it clear that it was not against the rules at the time, which vindicates Turks and Thorvion for making a permanent laughing stock out of the pvp in lotro.

Its funny, the infraction clarity now makes all those greenie spars farming.... LOL
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    lol @ the pvp community. No retro means that thay have 100% made it clear that it was not against the rules at the time, which vindicates Turks and Thorvion for making a permanent laughing stock out of the pvp in lotro.
    In my opinion, such as it is lol, its more like it wasn't made clear at all due to lack of a way to enforce it. In fact it was so muddy that normal fish (ones that don't stalk the forums) needed filters on their gills.

I never noticed over the years where anyone from Turbine said anything other than it wasn't intended gameplay. However there were several comments early this year that they were looking into ways of enforcing, and that should have been a clue that it was, indeed, unintended.

There are a lot of things you can do that aren't expressly mentioned in the CoC or other areas, but that Turbine would consider a no-no, but since they couldn't have anticipated every crazy thing a player could do, they couldn't have programmed checks and balances in before launch for the majority of them.

This is also one of the ones that surely required efforts on multiple fronts to ensure that no players were falsely accused.
    Addressing the issue probably required a lot of customer service training and some technical mechanisms. I think Turbine chose to err on the side of not punishing players unfairly, and although I wish it had been a greater priority, at least we have a policy that can be enforced now.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=#ff0000]Currently serving [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Brecfes[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] on every world....[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    lol @ the pvp community. No retro means that thay have 100% made it clear that it was not against the rules at the time,
    Yea, like when they took those 10s of thousands of skirmish marks away from people who where exploiting the Trouble in Tuckborough skirmish? Oh wait, they didn't. Do you even think before you post? I could name about a dozen other exploits that had no retroactive action associated with them but I'm pretty sure you're already familiar with how players get away with exploiting.

Its funny, the infraction clarity now makes all those greenie spars farming.... LOL
    How about comm framing, seems their "definition" doesn't cover it. Can't really think of a more idiotic "policy" and lack of action than what they have chosen to do.
    Last edited by doug01; Aug 30 2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150SPanKoNiaAss View Post
    O this was the greatest thing to see this morning when i woke up. I know that is sad and all but dont judge me!
    I never thought i would see the day that they say they will crack down on people farming rank in the moors.
    No more greenie trains leaving grams station.
    They said nothing about the trains leaving grams, only that you cant kill them, I don't see any reason why a greenie train cant leave grams, as long as they aren't being killed....

LOL at this hilarious potential loophole. Cant wait to see the train approaching TA and everyone running away afraid to be reported if they kill it.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Too Little, Too Confused, Too Late. Adios LOTRO

I noticed a level 40 last night. It's name was Jailbait.

Yay for Swtor and EQ.

Bammy hates you all, except Khrune<3

ESO will top those
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920a000000096bfa/signature.png]Cardoba[/charsig]