We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rank Farming: BANNED

We finally got what we wished for folks.
    Official stance on rank farming:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rming-Official

Quote Originally Posted by CSM_River View Post
    Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or Glory to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Its great they decided to do something about it, however you'll forgive my (and im sure others) lack of enthusiasm over the new policy. Its a year or two late and this is one of my biggest pet peeves with turbine. Everyone knew it was happening, on the servers we were each on, we knew who was doing it yet turbine allowed it to go on. So that tarnishes the PvP environment and leads some who were dedicated pvp players to become apathetic. Im thankful that its in place now but it took way to long for this policy to be implemented IMHO. The fact it did proves to me the theory put forth that the moors only gets minimal usage from the player base, so logically they aren't going to dedicate resources to it. Its the affirmation of a lot of sad realities, but onward and upward....

It doesn't specify what the punishment is, it could just be a strongly worded letter. More realistically it will be a ban based upon past history; I don't know if they would remove all infamy/renown or what they deemed could be attributed to farming. It is entirely possible that someone is reported for farming, gets a 3 day ban, but keeps their infamy/renown; that might be an acceptable trade off for some.

Thumbs up

Well, kind of pointless to do this now... The moors are ghost towns on the majority of the servers, at some point you have to ask yourself; was this really necessary? I sense a lot of time wasted went into a decision that affect almost no one anymore, why not use that wasted time and do something positive with it? Why don't you round up another meeting of Turbines Finest and do something about the issues in game that people care about? Lag is atrocious, so many bugs & glitches anymore, yet nothing is ever done.

Somehow though, this was a good decision and is going to profit Turbine accordingly... Customer Service Manager of the year? I think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Linnier View Post
    Well, kind of pointless to do this now... The moors are ghost towns on the majority of the servers, at some point you have to ask yourself; was this really necessary? I sense a lot of time wasted went into a decision that affect almost no one anymore, why not use that wasted time and do something positive with it? Why don't you round up another meeting of Turbines Finest and do something about the issues in game that people care about? Lag is atrocious, so many bugs & glitches anymore, yet nothing is ever done.
    So, how do we give rep on these forums? lol ;P

Also to add, it is far too late for that at the moment. A huge amount of players clubbed their way to even r15, with some cases of admiting it and proudly posting it on the forums. The rest of the players are supposed to play along with those clubbers and act like everything is fine, just because they clubbed their ranks on a period of time (more than 2 years), where Turbine didn't care? ... This is a joke all together...
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

I'm more than glad to see that they've FINALLY made this move.

Unfortunately, as others have said, much of the damage has already been done, I'm afraid.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Its a year or two late and this is one of my biggest pet peeves with turbine.
    year or two? 6 years. somehow codemasters managed to figure it out right at the start, yet under turbines guidance you could get banned for chat spam and not legitimate cheating.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    year or two? 6 years. somehow codemasters managed to figure it out right at the start, yet under turbines guidance you could get banned for chat spam and not legitimate cheating.
    *shrug* its a problem for them because they seem to suggest that they don't have a lot of people playing in the moors so they don't have a lot of resources to devout to it. I get that, its logic I can appreciate. The problem is when you allow a segment of your game to loose its integrity by allowing rank farming you cant expect people to take it seriously. Its no wonder there are only a few dedicated PvP players, Im talking about the people who head out every night and play and earn the ranks. Really im happy for them to be honest, there was a time when rank was something to aspire too, it had prestige, now its just another buff.

great it finally came... but i have nowhere read what actions would be taken...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54