We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Solumbra View Post
    Of course I think rank farming is justified! Why shouldn't it be? It's the only way a solo player can make his way in the ettemoors. And one of the only ways a solo player could possibly get a first age weapon before they raise the level cap to 300!!!

Do you have an off button? Seriously..... Cant you see no one is silly enough to get dragged into a discussion with you... Just quit it...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

And incidentally, i intend to continue playing in the moors until my VIP runs out.
    120% of Americans are bad at math, that's like... almost a majority! -Brian Regean

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I'm confused. Sorry. Maybe I couldnt equate what you were trying to say from the post. I am just going off of the definition. Why are you saying that I myself am going to do these things? I am just giving a hypothetical outcome. According to the definition...Suiciding into a person over and over *surrendering to defeat* is a form of rank farming.

How many times has someone run into a raid over and over and you tell them to quit feeding them? Sure there are many MANY situations that are not rank farming...but those minute changes cease to be rank farming *I.E. running into a raid to get a lowbie kill.

Yes I would be cautious in reporting. But if someone is running into a group, and jumping up and down trying to get someone to kill him...unless turbine says otherwise, yeah I'm going to at least screenshot it and bring it up either on the forums or through email on whether or not that is rank farming. And then report if it is.
    Let me put it this way. Months ago during U10 I was fighting a Warg in flayer, a rank 10 warg, my RK was probably rank 9 or 10 at the time. I knew the person. We were in vent and I was trying a few fights where I self healed. I hate it, never do it, was seeing if I could find a rotation that worked for me. I lost 3 times. I get a tell from someone on the server saying "Hey farmer boy, what are you doing back here?"

People like that, and you saying if you saw someone jumping up and down zerging a raid you would screenshot it and post it on the forums are what I'm talking about. Neither of those 2 scenarios were farming. You're saying you'd screenshot it and post it to "make sure". I don't think the definition Turbine put forth comes remotely close to calling those 2 scenarios I mentioned farming. I bet you do. This sounds so much worse than my attitude really is about it. Written word and all being so apathetic. Insert a bunch of smiley faces where they'd be appropriate.

Attended by Coldaen

Quote Originally Posted by Apache140 View Post
    I ask this because all the above in some other games are punishable offenses and it wasn't made clear in this policy change. Thank you.
    ofc there s a gray area. but it's better than nothing...

1v1 circles can adapt too. it's obvious who is just sparring by them actually fighting each other. if you see some people maybe 10+ times just constantly lose, don't rez them, watch the fight, screen shot lodes, after a while if it really is FC 2 things could happen, they could punish them. but the biggest thing has already happend. turbine has already made FC'ing much harder. I don't think they could ever stop it, but just to remove some people from doing it is much better than nothing by reducing those cheaters rewards.

just posting out the message will already stop people. have they proven there words yet? no. but I'm sure many people are more scared of doing it now...

it's really easy not to look like your FC'ing, even with there semi vague rule. it would even promote common courtesy for people to leave a greeny once and a while. you know the rules, just don't dip your finger in the red paint and no one will question you. and thats both sides. creeps/freeps who just suicide for no reason endlassly is silly. sure, the off one is funny, but just don't do it lodes if you don't want to be accused of FC. simple as.

especially if they "warn" people. if your warned what you were doing to FC, then you go back to doing what looks like FC'ing, your pretty stupid to ignore the GM's warning -_- and the only way I can see other players abusing this if those "warned" go out and tell people they've been warned, which is told to players to never talk about infractions or anything on there account.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    So what I'm seeing, reading this thread as someone who doesn't PvMP is:

1. Turbine does nothing about rank farming -> People complain
    2. Turbine says they're going to do something about rank farming -> People complain

Conclusion: When are you going to remove PvMP and make the 'Moors into a PvE area?

Edit to add the last sentence is sarcasm, put down the pitchforks creeps 'n' freeps.
    I would have said it this way:

1. Turbine does nothing about rank farming -> Some people complain, others are happy.
    2. Turbine says they're going to do something about rank farming -> Some people complain, others are happy.
    3. The Ettenmoors even exist in the first place -> Some people (even some who admittedly don't participate) complain, others are happy.

Conclusion: Somebody is always going to complain, no matter what. Decisions need to be made not based on the presence or number of complaints, but on the value of the content of the complaints, as well as the value of the feedback from the happy people too.

In this particular case I think Turbine got it right. It just took a while longer than I personally expected.
    [size=1]"But of bliss and glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song." -- narration from The Silmarillion[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    I lost 3 times. I get a tell from someone on the server saying "Hey farmer boy, what are you doing back here?"
    why did you let him kill you / why did he feel the need to kill you ???

you knew it might look like farming. why did you finish it off by letting them kill you?

I've done many spars where I just turn my back on people. end the fight. I know I was going to win, why kill them? did I really need to kill them for renown? is excepting a spar I knew I would win a good reason to earn renown?

like I put before, if you don't want it to look like farming, DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE FARMING. how simple is that!
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Been looking forward to this....I am happy Lotro has a few concerns for the Moors, especially those that have put their time in!

Good Job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    A lot of thought went into this...
    ...and this is exactly why we chose not to make it retroactive.
    What about Grievers trying to get a player banned? Say I roll out a new account, get some free Reavers out, and constantly runs toward a freep, and let him kill me again and again without a fight. If he choose to ignore me after few kills, I would provoke him, by attacking him one or two, until he gets to kill me. Or hang around, provoking, whatever, typical grieving style.

You would ban this new account, and that level 85 freep, while I go back to my rank 6 Warg on my main account happy that revenge is dished...

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    If someone continuously runs into you without trying to fight...and letting you kill them...is that not participating in rank farming? I think it is...
    Yes that means YOU'RE farming THEM. =p

Jk
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]Brandywhine[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Vilya[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Fortiscor R10[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Slownkite R9[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Beastt R7[/COLOR] /[COLOR=#4b0082] Diggaa R12[/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?561868-Warg-Build-Warg-Rotation-Warg-Guide&p=7292621#post7292621"]Warg Guide[/URL][/CENTER]

Glad to see this finally happened. Headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by duvelmoortgat View Post
    What about Grievers trying to get a player banned? Say I roll out a new account, get some free Reavers out, and constantly runs toward a freep, and let him kill me again and again without a fight. If he choose to ignore me after few kills, I would provoke him, by attacking him one or two, until he gets to kill me. Or hang around, provoking, whatever, typical grieving style.

You would ban this new account, and that level 85 freep, while I go back to my rank 6 Warg on my main account happy that revenge is dished...
    that higher ranked player should realize after the 5+ time that this happends that there going to win and be smart enough to just not get caught up in actions that might looks like fight clubbing.

already though turbine has diminished the potential of what could be done to rank farm though. it's much harder to get 2 people organised to rank farm than 1, and it's even harder to make it looks like a normal greeny wondering around.

I would expect it to be common you'd proably have the new account banned before the older players. who do you honestly think turbine will side with? F2P guy or longer standing paying customer? ofc there going to use there "methods of tracking it" to just realise that other higher ranked player isn't going out of his way to earn those kills.

I expect that to be a very very rare case though. and they'd also be being killed by other players. someone aiming to grief someone in that way would find it hard to find those players if there moving about, and if they are just farming GY, then yes, under turbine rules that might be farming. but like I've said, don't want to told off for farming don't look like your farming, it's really not that hard as people are making out...

Unhappy Really!!!!

First of all I do not rank farm nor will I ever. That being said I really see no issue with it I could care less if one doe it or not. The system as it stands now is so broken now one with any sense at all wouldn't care either. There is so much that could be done to make pvp better in lotro and they come up with a rule about farming rank this is not a game changing issue it is simply a matter of people grinding for there renown to get rewards from the vendors same as pve in my opinion, simply because rank does not mean anything. Sure we get a buff now but as it stands the system is so unbalanced its moot. I noticed a big increase in farming when they started offering second agers and 1st agers for rank basically a pve item. And im not saying that people do not deserve those items for getting there rank because I personally grinded my way to it as well, but now that I have achieved it I have lost interest which I think is what will happen with most. I am really not sure why they gave this any thought at all since its been noted that there is no intent to change or update anything with pvp in lotro so I am not sure why this even matters. They took away leader boards and standings, This is a integral part of a pvp system its how people judge themselves against the competition, which is what pvp is about competing with other players. This system is slowly turning into a youth sports system no individuality team 1, and team 2 go at it but no one really wins but everyone gets a ribbon with rule keepers yelling from the stands foul!!! To me it is sad to see a game that could be at the head of the heap if they could only just see that after end game content players need something to do and in most instances that is pvp and it must be a well balanced and competitive system.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012fcaf/signature.png]Skoshia[/charsig]

Oh how I wish the symbols were only 400 G... on crick they've been going for 700-1000G...
    120% of Americans are bad at math, that's like... almost a majority! -Brian Regean

Quote Originally Posted by Ainuril View Post
    Freeps are willingly subjecting themselves to be killed by Creeps to give infamy?! "There is no curse in Entish, Elvish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery!"
    More like, Freeps are using creeps as farming cattle to get high ranks without working to hard, then being much stronger than many mosnter players and taking the already slightly unfair advantage they have and making it just a bit more unfair. Although I'm sure there are creeps that farm freeps as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000034bd7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Solumbra View Post
    Oh how I wish the symbols were only 400 G... on crick they've been going for 700-1000G...
    Either way, if thats what you're after, Solo PvE will get you a 1st ager faster than rank farming, unless you have a super-efficient 6-12 client operation running.

A couple weeks of solo lvl 85 mob grinding (couple hours a day, tops) can get you absolutely everything this game has to offer besides gold class items (which 'raiders' can't guarantee they'll ever get either) and PvE armour sets. At least on any server where PvE is active enough that the server has a functional auction hall.

So unless you have a can operate 5 freavers and a wl for rezzes, at a minimum (or your server is dead enough that you can use npcs at will), you probably aren't farming rank fast enough for it to pay off compared to actually playing the game in ways it was designed to be played.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Let me put it this way. Months ago during U10 I was fighting a Warg in flayer, a rank 10 warg, my RK was probably rank 9 or 10 at the time. I knew the person. We were in vent and I was trying a few fights where I self healed. I hate it, never do it, was seeing if I could find a rotation that worked for me. I lost 3 times. I get a tell from someone on the server saying "Hey farmer boy, what are you doing back here?"

People like that, and you saying if you saw someone jumping up and down zerging a raid you would screenshot it and post it on the forums are what I'm talking about. Neither of those 2 scenarios were farming. You're saying you'd screenshot it and post it to "make sure". I don't think the definition Turbine put forth comes remotely close to calling those 2 scenarios I mentioned farming. I bet you do. This sounds so much worse than my attitude really is about it. Written word and all being so apathetic. Insert a bunch of smiley faces where they'd be appropriate.

Your scenario? I personally would not call that rank farming...But I personally am not the one you have to convince. I've done what you have done. I have gathered friends after an update and tried rotations. I did not finish them off. Both sides lived. But that doesn't mean you have to allow that. Will I do that now? eh...I am going to at least be cautious. Turbine is who you have to convince that you aren't farming. They may not even think of that as farming being that you were attempting to survive. But i would, IMO, say Turbine may call it iffy.

Someone continuously and purposefully running into a raid to allow it to kill them...Yes...farming by the definition. *Intentionally surrendering*.

I was kind of wondering if you were trying to jump down my throat I am assuming I am taking your tone wrong in which now I think we are having a friendly conversation trying to cover the different sides.

Time will tell.

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Quote Originally Posted by duvelmoortgat View Post

As someone else said, if he was smart, he would ignore you and report you in which you and only you would get banned. Not to say that turbine won't check further and possibly take action against your main account to as they have been known to do

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    you knew it might look like farming. why did you finish it off by letting them kill you?
    I've definitely found myself in some cases where it's obvious I can't win. No possible skill I have would save me (burrowing into the ground must means that 10 freeps show up to wait for me to pop back up). I can't run, I can't use a map, I do pitiful damage. So in those cases I just stand there and take it. It's faster to get it over with that way.

I've also gone back to the same place three times in a row, hoping that the farmer has left so that I can finally get my map earned, but then killed three times in a row with no hope of saving myself. At which point I give up.

So ya, it might look like I was helping someone out but really I wasn't.

Although most of the damage has already been done, I am pleased that this finally happened.
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

foul play using this rule as a method of griefing can and will happen and precautions are not a priority... be happy that pvp got this instead of content...
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

Now as my highest lvl character is a lvl30 guardian that`s bin lvl30 for 6 months due to my XP dissabler (Thank you for adding that) I do now know how bad this really got BUT..thanks anyways! But be on the lookout for people who have lost connection... you character will just sit there so it may LOOK like he/she`s rank farming but they just got bad internet...
    And if you KNOW you have no chance of living but you go in anyways to maybe save someone or to raise moral I fine that fine....just if you secretly want the rank stuff then yeah that`d be rank farming...
    and also... I <3 your profile picture Sapience! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zanishi View Post
    foul play using this rule as a method of griefing can and will happen and precautions are not a priority... be happy that pvp got this instead of content...
    I'm quite happy PvP got this instead of content. Fix the current moors before we get things like new maps or classes.

For those saying too little, too late: I say better late than never.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

I'm glad your happy.... .00082% > balance

And you should read into the rule more carefully... its not as much about farming rank as it is being suicidal.... there's no mention of one-shots, lava, NPCs, and/or any other environmental/accidental deaths.... fact of the matter is each case will have to be monitored closely and anyone can use a F2P account to force you to commit a crime.... either that or walk on eggshells anytime anyone is a little too easy to kill and comes right back at you....
    Last edited by Zanishi; Aug 29 2013 at 01:40 AM.
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

This is excellent news.

Now the reporting will be so much sweeter knowing something will be done.

To those people recently saying they dont care about being caught, go ahead, make my day!

I will be on my warg, lurking around every nook and cranny looking for you.

"Now is the time of justice, and it shall come with such wrath, the doors of night themselves will be brought asunder."
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    A lot of thought went into this...

...and this is exactly why we chose not to make it retroactive.
    If I were to make a guess it was more of a Legal team (meaning even though the people doing it beforehand knew it was undesired gameplay and wrong in nature, it was still not clearly defined as a bannable/punishable offense and would open a #### storm if Turbine was to start banning these accts after the fact) issue than a dev issue, sad though that people can use loopholes in the system to get away with such atrocities.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#daa520][SIZE=3][FONT=palatino linotype]Razzgash R12 Warg -- Razzgrish R12 Blackarrow -- Razztankz R12 Warleader
    Razztoxin R11 Weaver -- Razzhealzu R10 Defiler -- Razzbladez R9 Reaver[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast