We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Since this is an official definition, it seems like it would be important to get the terminology correct.

"Glory" is a stance skill available to characters of the champion class. "Renown" is the lifetime statistic that increases when one of the free peoples defeats a monster player.

Given the amount of time that went into crafting this definition, I'm surprised to see this mistake. I wouldn't want anyone who violates this policy to get off on a technicality if they appeal.
    Take a look at old armour sets that required rank, or current jewelry, cloaks, brands, consumables, class items, and LIs. Each says something like 'requires Glory rank: 4" or what have you. Glory is the correct term here, it is represented as Renown for freeps, and Infamy for creeps.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    This is good. Unfortunate that it's not retroactive though, many people who have clubbed to r12+ will get away with it completely.
    I really don't think it applies to fight-clubbing unless, like the policy states, they are intentionally surrendering their characters (ie. not fighting back). So, players will still be able to 1v1.

I thought actions were already taken (sometimes)

I remember a guy who did this around 1 year ago and his rank got decreased to a much lower rank.

Like someone said, will you take screenshots/videos in the reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Clarification, if you could...

If someone is multiboxing, say, Reavers and killing said Reavers on their Free People character (Freep), and seeing multi-boxing is not considered a violation of the AUP, TOS, etc., would said action still be considered Rank Farming by the definition in this thread?
    Thank you Turbine. From someone that plays almost exclusively in the Ettenmoors this has been an annoyance/mockery for a long while now. I agree with Sapience that realistically it is not really enforceable to retroactively enforce. Also a shame though as there are certainly a significant number on Snowbourn that have clubbed their way up to rank 12+. We know who they are though, so will be watching them like a hawk.

Surely the factor here is the intentional surrender or killing of reavers who are intentionally surrendering rather than the fact that someone is simpy multiboxing. It is most certainly rank farming in this case.

I think what is and is not rank farming in the way we term clubbing is painfully obvious and quite easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    So if creeps are having a bad night of it and I decide to run in to their raid with no-chance of survival to 'raise morale' then I'm a rank farmer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I would say twice you are at least in dangerous territory if not already in the fire
    There's a misunderstanding here right? I mean I know a bunch of suicidal people who would charge at superior odds knowing full well they will get torn to pieces, but do it anyway just to try and get something going.

I mean I am really not trying to troll here or something, I like getting rid of rank farming, and being able to tell people to report you or #### so that these issues reach closure, but I mean suiciding vs a raid 2x surely isn't rank farming? Of course if you are solo and do it 10x back to back from rez I'd understand, but saying that if you break away on your own and charge at a raid 2x you are in trouble is making me a little worried.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]
    ''Scissors are OP, rock is fine.'' - Paper

I really don't think it applies to fight-clubbing unless, like the policy states, they are intentionally surrendering their characters (ie. not fighting back). So, players will still be able to 1v1.
    I should hope it doesn't apply to 1v1 circles, that's pretty much the only part of the game I still enjoy. The servers I play on (Evernight/Snowbourn) use clubbing to refer to people farming their second account or a friends account for free points.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Will any action be taken against those who multi box in the moors as well?

I remember a post from Sapience who said Rank Farming is against the rules, but now you make another official statement it's against the rules. What exactly changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    This.
    For people who use multiple accounts controlled by one person using a command broadcast program to aid them (should be against TOS for 3rd part program use to assist game play, especially to give an unfair advantage.)
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

finely! !
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/1/1/0/0/1/111001UtEFA.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thumbs up

Very nice.. Thank you.. Rank farming has been one thing some of us has been a bit confused about. I have always heard others say another player was farming, but never quite understood what they meant. I am glad there is a policy on it now.
    Freeps: Gwiriel--Loremaster rank 8; Gwirithiel--Champ rank 8; Gwirendal--Runekeeper rank 4; and more
    Creeps: Araneae--Weaver rank 9; Vukasin--Warg rank 8; Lokiswife--Defiler rank 3; and more
    Too many toons!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Take a look at old armour sets that required rank, or current jewelry, cloaks, brands, consumables, class items, and LIs. Each says something like 'requires Glory rank: 4" or what have you. Glory is the correct term here, it is represented as Renown for freeps, and Infamy for creeps.
    The "Glory" you're referring to is a hidden passive trait whose rank increases when either Infamy or Renown reaches certain levels. It's the "rank" people have been farming.

Saying "gain of Infamy or Glory to increase rank" doesn't make sense in the context of this policy. Saying "gain of Infamy or Renown" does.

It's certainly a long awaited decision. I hope it can bring some people back into the game and be a way out for exploiters.

But a word of caution, please dont take this long to come out with a pvp related decision again. you can't sit on the sidelines for months even years while these sorts of practices take place in the world you created. The biggest thing you have going for you is if I want a Middle Earth experience, it's LOTRO by default...so you have an audience. Please be more responsive and candid with the community. I would love to see turbine devs on twitch ....Thursday nights with turbine!...or show up on reddit for a live q and a.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Thumbs up

This is great news!

The original Valdez

Yay!! Finally!! The moors just became that much better! (:
    Chieftain Rayzr of Dwarrowdelf (Reaver)
    Footman Sakeri of Dwarrowdelf (Captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ... View Post
    This is a huge issue. On Snowbourn, I have so many videos and screenshots of people who have farmed ranks. We have a rank 15, a rank 14, numerous rank 13/12/11s and lower ranks that if the GMs accepted I could show you. So the guy who clubbed 1m in a week for R15 is allowed to get away with it? The r11 who uses bots to club (next level clubbing) and I have a 4 minute video to prove can get away with it?

Please rethink the "not retroactive" part.
    A lot of thought went into this...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    You can't punish players for breaking your rule BEFORE you ever had it.
    ...and this is exactly why we chose not to make it retroactive.
    Include when the new rule is welcome, it comes too late. And Sapience know why. Turbine never cared about fightclubbing, and just after bunches and bunches of protests in forums and Custumer Service, Turbine decided to do something about. But why it's not retroactive? Obvious: 'cos they'd need to ban a lot of players that already are paying VIP accounts. They won't care that already a 20-30% of high ranks (being extravagant) are already fightclubbers (or 'rank farmers', the politically correct term) that paid for their VIP. If they ban them now, what would happen? Less money in cash. Easy and simple.

Let be clear, Turbine: PvMP never was an important part of the game for you. Just the lowering number of players (and lower money incoming) made you react.

But there is something that you can do, Turbine, for helping to fix the issue without needing to retroactive the new rule: remove the Promotions from freeps (since Fightclubbing aka Rank Farming) is mostly proper of this side. They already DON'T need this advantage, since they have gear, legendary weapons, etc etc. Do it, Turbine, and you'll prove I'm wrong, and you care really of PvMP.
    "A weak man uses threats. A powerful man has no need for threats. If you confront a man with the threats of force and he concedes, it is because he fears you. The threat was unnecessary. If you have the force to destroy an enemy, destroy him." - Bayushi Tangen

As usual, take Age for a useless choise.
    Better than nothing but if you wanna make a system, you can't look to who “Rank Farming” ... you need a system where people whit low rank give less renow/infamy to hight enemy.

You need to make a system for "punish" “Rank Farming” in game ... you need to work on and in game not with the rule on forum !

I'm looking forward to see this "rule" and What will be the punish for violation ... and who will be punished ! Frever ? Freep ? Both ? People in group ? Character ? Account ?

You will need only few years for make this choise !

Woohoo finally. But better late then never.

Clarification, if you could...

If someone is multiboxing, say, Reavers and killing said Reavers on their Free People character (Freep), and seeing multi-boxing is not considered a violation of the AUP, TOS, etc., would said action still be considered Rank Farming by the definition in this thread?
    100% farming, yes

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    As we have stated many times, multi-boxing is not a violation. The launcher allows a configuration setting to allow multiple clients to run on one machine and individuals playing on multiple machines are no different. As long as they are in front of their machine(s) and playing, it is not a violation.

Even though I really appreciate the fact clubbers will be prosecuted, it is too late. The damage is done.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Better late than never... :P

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    I thought actions were already taken (sometimes)

I remember a guy who did this around 1 year ago and his rank got decreased to a much lower rank.

Like someone said, will you take screenshots/videos in the reports?
    I would imagine the best thing to do is to submit a ticket in-game for a GM to take a look at it. That way they can witness it while it is happening and take appropriate action at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyturack View Post
    There's a misunderstanding here right? I mean I know a bunch of suicidal people who would charge at superior odds knowing full well they will get torn to pieces, but do it anyway just to try and get something going.

I mean I am really not trying to troll here or something, I like getting rid of rank farming, and being able to tell people to report you or #### so that these issues reach closure, but I mean suiciding vs a raid 2x surely isn't rank farming? Of course if you are solo and do it 10x back to back from rez I'd understand, but saying that if you break away on your own and charge at a raid 2x you are in trouble is making me a little worried.

Where as I don't undertand why someone in your raid would do that. It isn't my decision. A solo person, that is different. However I would still say doing it multiple times plays in dangerous territory because by the rule, you are

I would say that knowing full well you are going to get shredded and do it anyway, you are playing into the context of this rule: surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat

How turbine handles it is up to them. I just would say be cautious regarding how many times you do it and in what manner because SOMEONE is likely going to view multiple solo charges as farming

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

I salute you River.. LEADERSHIP

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast