We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzealot55 View Post
    Well im done subbing to lotro now. Know why? This new mistake of a rule will now put lotro and its players on high alert, When i see a freaver run by and i kill it? Then perhaps a defiler/wl rezzes it? What if someone sees that and reports it? What if someone calls me out for a false accusation? There was a reason they didnt implement this, and it shouldve stayed that way. Sorry but im not going to deal with the stress.
    The only stress you're seeing is the stress you cause for yourself being worried about this. It would be like you not driving anymore because maybe, just maybe you will get pulled over for speeding - because the cops' radar gun malfunctioned or worse, a case of mistaken identity.

The way I see it, if I get reported and banned for something I didn't do, I'll fight it, until then it's off to the ettens, and I will kill everything that moves, including the greenie running by.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Why play an MMO if you don't want to play with other people? Isn't the point of an MMO to be multiplayer?

How does being solo prevent you from being able to legitimately play in PvMP? How does being a solo player force you to have to cheat?

And actually, if you look at what the Devs have done to the game, it's exactly the opposite. They have dumbed everything down to the point where you don't really need to raid to do anything. Some of the best gear in the game is dropping off of and landscape mobs. Some of the best armor can be acquired by mindlessly grinding out 5 solo quests a day. And First Age weapons can be acquired by auto-piloting through three Turtle like Tier 1 raids.

Because of all the solo type players raiders are no longer getting real raids but only "here's a boss go kill it" "raids."

Wildermore is nothing more then an entire solo-player fest. No group quests, tons of private encounters and session plays (with all the RP to boot). And another region with mind numbing repeatable quests. Isn't that everything a solo player would want?

It's because of people like you and your expectations that this game is almost entirely ruined.
    More than half of what you just said is either false or just your opinion. Soo...

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    The only stress you're seeing is the stress you cause for yourself being worried about this. It would be like you not driving anymore because maybe, just maybe you will get pulled over for speeding - because the cops' radar gun malfunctioned or worse, a case of mistaken identity.

The way I see it, if I get reported and banned for something I didn't do, I'll fight it, until then it's off to the ettens, and I will kill everything that moves, including the greenie running by.
    I wish man, but unfortunetely some people in this game have a lot of influence on other players and if they can call you out for a false accusation....its not good. Now with this new rule those players wont stop. Griefing and trolling will be at an all time high for the moors. So im done, cheers turbine.

Djokadin says HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

this is hilarious

Ok... so

Whats with the 5 years of you taking to consider this?

Whats with you (Turbine) trying to look like you're catering the game for all people and having SELF-PROCLAIMED FARMERS on your Player Council?
    Last edited by Gottapee; Aug 29 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramidis View Post
    Not that worried, but I do have a consern if you'd say about the 1 v 1 circles. How will you determine people weren't doing 1 v 1 circles? Atleast for me being on my Def and after a fight that last 10 min, I give up. Would that imply I'm a farmer and/or working with one? How do you determine they where not fighting 1 v1s for a while? In Nimrodel the action sometimes gets to dang boring with the RvR. So atleast 1 time every week, they form 1 v 1s and usually it's the same people fighting each other till more people arrive.
    If it's a legit 1v1 though, most of the time the combat log will answer this question. There's a big difference between two players fighting it out legitimately and one player mindlessly feeding themselves to another player without using any skills. Even if your defiler fight lasted that long you would still be moving around and using skills. In most cases I think they can tell and even if they weren't they could investigate and ask a few questions. I think legit 1v1s will be safe. I hope so at least.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

How are players who dont read the forums being notified? will this be added to the CoC and be made "official" in game?
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

Quote Originally Posted by Xzealot55 View Post
    Well im done subbing to lotro now. Know why? This new mistake of a rule will now put lotro and its players on high alert, When i see a freaver run by and i kill it? Then perhaps a defiler/wl rezzes it? What if someone sees that and reports it? What if someone calls me out for a false accusation? There was a reason they didnt implement this, and it shouldve stayed that way. Sorry but im not going to deal with the stress.
    You may get reported but I'd think Turbine would take a few moments to look at the evidence and nothing would happen to you. If anything, the person that reported you would have made a false report and they'd be the one facing possible discipline if they did it often enough.

As Mr. Warg mentioned a few posts ago, the former EU servers that were run by Codemasters long had a rule against rank farming and there were very few 'false flags' that occurred. All this talk of edge cases and walking on eggshells is extreme overreaction.

As for retroactive punishment, it is possible that T has some new tools available to monitor rank farming that they can't reliably use to look into past game data. And, how long do you think they keep past game data anyways? Just be happy the rule is in place now and move forward from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanishi View Post
    How are players who dont read the forums being notified? will this be added to the CoC and be made "official" in game?
    It is already official. This was also posted on Twitter and Facebook. Also, I imagine there's some talk on the various server Moors channels and /glff. For those who may have missed the memo, discipline is tiered so people will get warnings before stronger punishment is handed out.

It's announced in the launcher.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by FundinStrongarm View Post
    It is already official. This was also posted on Twitter and Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    It's announced in the launcher.
    In all three supported languages. So, we're at that stage of, "We can't call each player and tell them personally". But it is very much in your face. It's the #1 position in the launcher.

"I didn't know" will not be an acceptable excuse going forward.

A large notice with a link directly to this thread was added to the launcher. If people can't be bothered to read it, then it is their own fault. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Someone used a driving analogy earlier. If you willingly choose to ignore the notices in the launcher, then it is the same as seeing road signs and intentionally ignoring them and not looking to see what they say. I'm not talking about the obvious signs with the speed. What about the small "click it or ticket!" signs? You actually have to read them.

"I'm sorry, judge, I didn't see!" Yeah, that won't cut the cake.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    As someone who's only been playing in the moors for 5 weeks, and finding 3 people doing this so far - thankyou very much

What is the reporting mechanism? Does this have an entry in the dropdown field?
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    sad to hear you've found so many in your relativly short time :/ great to hear new people still come moors ^_^

as with most reporting, you won't get told off for slightly gray area reports. if they classified everything, it could get so messy.

under the normal report tool. exploiting / cheating I think fits best. the very fact I'm able to say that knowing thats how turbine see's it too makes me very happy

I am very curious though. can we attach a screenshots to an off-game report feature? like /bug reports can? a picture really is worth a thousand words and if (and I have sadly) sad there for 10+ mins watching them do it, I could show times and such showing excessive deaths. it would be very very damming eidenve so super obvious cases ca just get fast tracked to save GM's time.

All they need is a name, 1 name will do, 2+ is better. You only need 1 name for the report, the CSRs can see the combat logs and can determine who the "other participants" are.

Like all such reports the person doing the report will not get any updates. It becomes an issue between Turbine and the "others".
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Well I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, this seems to have come out of nowhere, and there I was thinking Turbines axing of the leaderboards was their hammering the final nail into the Moors coffin. Seems it was not the final nail, though this policy is well overdue, and with the sad decline in the state of the Moors in Aussie prime time it may be too little too late. But at least its something.

So from reading some of the responses, seems some people are getting overly worried about the implementation of the policy.
    Though some people participate/don't care about cheating I think we all know what cheating is.
    If people are repeat offenders then now they are a chance to get caught, and if people want to abuse the system to unjustly report non cheats then they may find they are the ones getting banned.

As in most things I think a common sense approach is best.

Lets just play the game in the right spirit please and fingers crossed we see a refreshed pvp community back out in the Moors.

Yeah it's so obvious that even a 3rd party site like Blackappendage has locked in information of people getting over 100k renown a day for a week straight with names like Farmpaws.

Still free to walk.

GG.

Personally I think you should have automatic systems to handle this kind of abuse.
    Shouldn't be all that hard to have traps for 2 persons fighting from the sime IP address and one dying over and over again I think..
    If the same IP has one freep/creep that die say 10 times in a row and a creep/freep on the same IP that only attacks the other and nothing else..
    Auto disconnect.. If repeated.. Auto ban..

Just my thoughts.
    Screemer leader of MYTH of Eldar, rank 10 kinship on [EU] Evernight transferred from [EU] Eldar, a small really close kinship.
    http://www.mythkin.eu Signup: Here!

Thank you for not making it retro :-)

Also, rank is still a joke, in a game where pvp is nothing and there hasn't been a meaningful update to in 6 years.

The fact that it took so many people to agree that this should be done is laughable.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    In all three supported languages. So, we're at that stage of, "We can't call each player and tell them personally". But it is very much in your face. It's the #1 position in the launcher.

"I didn't know" will not be an acceptable excuse going forward.
    Have you not considered to just reset ranks to 0 rather than ban?

For humilities sake that would be more of an intimidation than getting banned.
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Laolos/2/9/3/7/85/Wiping+As+Intended/0/2/1/11/10/1/6/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

10k+ of Infamy/Renown is NOT Farming

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    Rank farming in general is a hard thing to prove and our kin/tribe, we are heavily pvmp and it is strictly against our rules of our kin/tribe. Meaning can result in a kick if caught. Yet there is a lot of hearsay of who rank farms and who doesn't. Leader boards, which you took down were one way to see who is rank farming . When you know there is no action prime time and just 1vs1 circles or small skirmishes around , you see a person with 10k renown/infamy gain in 1 day you know something's up. Our community has been policing/tagging people who rank farm. Common rank farmer signs, kinless for no reason/tribe. Some people drop kin /tribe suddenly and only want to solo. Also people who seem to like to stir up a lot of drama/confusion tend to be rank farmers. While with the state of the pvp at the moment rank farming is pointless you gain nothing and if you were to do anything about rank farming which I'm glad you're looking into it.. You would probably have to accuse/deal w/ half the major pvmp kin tribes in the game. Most have been caught doing it at one point or another. If you need any ideas, ask your vets. We have been dealing with most of your things you are just now seeing for a while. It's caused nothing but drama and heartache and caused a lack of interest in what most of us love about the ettenmoors.

Thank you ;
    Alzie aka alzeria
    You say that a person gaining 10k+ renown/infamy in a day makes them a farmer. That is BS. My average day is 10k and I have had a few 14k days. It is all in how much you quest and how much you pvmp. I can give a damn if I am killed when I pvmp, the kill/death ratio means nothing to me. I run in, look for the squishy, hit, strike and kill. If I happen to die, I rez and come back to the fight. Those that look to just hit and HOPE to kill are the farmers in my opinion. Don't hit and split, get in there and fight. This is pvmp, not 'Hold my hand because I am a squishy.' So, gaining 10k+ of infamy is nothing. If you play true to the game and have fun, you will rank quickly at first and slower as time rambles on.
    I am Doggiepoo! I will stick you like the stink and kill you even faster...
    [COLOR="Red"][I][B][SIZE="3"]Founder of TaBA but now reformed...[/SIZE][/B][/I][/COLOR]

[url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/7180236225lotro_lotro26.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Lao10 View Post
    Have you not considered to just reset ranks to 0 rather than ban?

For humilities sake that would be more of an intimidation than getting banned.
    I would actually take this further.

Not just reset the ranks to 0 for the guilty party, but add a script that blocks them from gaining rank for random amount of days/weeks, with minimum of X amount of days/weeks.

That would hurt them much more than getting outright banned. Especially not knowing when the block was to end would be very agonizing.

That said, I don't really do PvM. Okay every now and then I hop onto my dog but then I spend most time in the Moors running away. But even for someone like me, who's not really doing this, it's a good move into the right direction.
    [CENTER]“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by CreepHiveMind View Post
    Yes you are, that's blatantly obvious
    Says exactly the guy I was thinking of who would exploit the rule to use as a weapon.

I'm glad your happy.... .00082% > balance

And you should read into the rule more carefully... its not as much about farming rank as it is being suicidal.... there's no mention of one-shots, lava, NPCs, and/or any other environmental/accidental deaths.... fact of the matter is each case will have to be monitored closely and anyone can use a F2P account to force you to commit a crime.... either that or walk on eggshells anytime anyone is a little too easy to kill and comes right back at you....
    This councilman's signature is celebrating behavior that violates the code of conduct.
    Last edited by ColorSpecs; Aug 29 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CSM_River View Post
    Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or renown to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment.
    may i ask if there is a limit lock on it to prevent someone from doing that if not you could put on one to prevent someone from that option ??? (i mean no offence)

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    Says exactly the guy I was thinking of who would exploit the rule to use as a weapon.
    Reported 2 people in the last 3 years, both for severe offences. Would never dream of using the CoC against people like that. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    This councilman's signature is celebrating behavior that violates the code of conduct.
    Oh the irony of this after the post I quoted above.

Thanks for all the feedback and questions.

The main things I'm getting here is that you want to know the best way to report, and what is the range of action that can be taken.

Please open an in-game ticket to report it, and choose Cheating/Exploiting for your drop downs in the ticket window. If you *can* capture that names of the parties involved that's most helpful, but at least one is necessary.

Actions taken will run from warnings to suspensions.

-CSM_River

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast