We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    *Thumbs up!* Thank you Turbine!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=5][/SIZE][COLOR="#FFD700"]Tell me, Legolas, why did I come on this Quest? . . . ." [/COLOR][I][COLOR="#00FF00"][SIZE=4][/SIZE]Gimli.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

I've died...err been defeated in 6 seconds.

I wonder how Turbine is going to enforce this. I also wonder how they are going to figure out a person's intent.

Awhile back I went out to the Moors on my main to find some action (Main is a Champ by the name of Zaerawnd btw). I think I died at least 15 times that day. I wasn't with a group but there were other players near me a couple of which were RKs. I've ran into a group of Creeps and AoE'd to score a hit on 1 or more getting heals while doing so and there have been times where I'd be defeated in 6 seconds or less and I had the best possible gear. Is what I want to kno is that rank farming or what...? Cuz if it is it shouldn't be, it was just me being crazy and having fun. I didn't care about dying I was just having fun.

Tbh, idc about dying out in the moors...I just go out there to have fun...for the most part the only time I'll fight someone is if they attack me first or if I'm in a group. I just want to do my dailies & move on.
    [CENTER][CENTER][URL="http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm"][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

So the people who raid get everything again while the majority of players get the crumbs and scraps... I am officially rethinking my VIP subscription.
    120% of Americans are bad at math, that's like... almost a majority! -Brian Regean

woot!

Yay! nice to see you guys do care!

Is there any thought into the cheaters that have 15 multi boxed freevers linked to one that they are on follow lock and copy actions.
    We call it the freever train and if it finds you your dead.
    That was what turned me off in the moors, i haven't been back out there in a long time. So if you already fixed it, Double woot!

Thanks so much

Turbine, you ROCK!

Thanks SO much for finally doing this.

faith in turbine = restored!

Quote Originally Posted by Aramidis View Post
    Not that worried, but I do have a consern if you'd say about the 1 v 1 circles. How will you determine people weren't doing 1 v 1 circles? Atleast for me being on my Def and after a fight that last 10 min, I give up. Would that imply I'm a farmer and/or working with one? How do you determine they where not fighting 1 v1s for a while? In Nimrodel the action sometimes gets to dang boring with the RvR. So atleast 1 time every week, they form 1 v 1s and usually it's the same people fighting each other till more people arrive.
    I can vouch for this - I'm on the same server. We do 1 v 1's when there's little action or if one side announces that a bunch are off to have dinner or take a 10-15 minute break.

I don't think this would be an issue anyway because its different accounts, different IP addresses, etc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c031c/01006/signature.png]Ridka[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob7 View Post
    faith in turbine = restored!
    Good for you, raider. My faith in turbine = -5000
    120% of Americans are bad at math, that's like... almost a majority! -Brian Regean

Angry

Hey turbine, Let us SOLO player mutts know when the dogs get a few more scraps...

if it is not retro active then what is the point in creating a new rule for those who just learned what has been going on for years?
    i quit the moors because of so many purple hackers ....
    this is just another antagonistic post by DEVS so as to make us sound off in an innaropiate fashion and to have our accounts banned for three days.
    you need a good cussing out!!!

I think a lot of people are looking way too deeply into this. Dying fast, or being a part of a fight where you have no chance or winning, but are actively doing what you can will not get you in any trouble with this new rule.

I am interested in clarification regarding killing AFK players, and since the definition explicitly states rank farming, what about commendations farming?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

what is the point?

and i don't give a damn about a green backed dollar..
    spend it fast as i can..
    oh a wailin' song and a good guitar -
    is the only thing that i understand, oh lord,
    the only thing that i understand

Raiders get the First age weapons, the gold gear, the game pumped up to a higher difficulty level to satisfy them. the get the loads of money for selling the sraps from their raid chests, they get EVERYTHING at the expense of the solo players... this is an absolute outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Solumbra View Post
    Raiders get the First age weapons, the gold gear, the game pumped up to a higher difficulty level to satisfy them. the get the loads of money for selling the sraps from their raid chests, they get EVERYTHING at the expense of the solo players... this is an absolute outrage.
    Is this a backhanded attempt to justify rank farming? If not, what are you getting at?
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

About time! Thank you
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#00ff00][I]Wolves couldn't care less what sheep think
    Sidheru R12 Elendilmir/Deathshryke R12 BA TWKSL Brandy[/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Well this is something I never thought I'd see. Props to whoever in Turbine backed that up
    i thought you quit this game

As long as I can remember, people will farm rank in one variation of a defined rule or another. There is always a way around everything.

Some cry farm when the greenie gets farmed over and over at a 1v1 circle. Is he learning to get better? Or feeding the other side willingly? Either way, there is a fine moral line to be drawn, and an even finer one to be crossed.

I've seen people farm just about everyway imaginable on many servers. I have also been through every range of emotion. Ultimately, I now stand indifferent to the actions of another, who is paying to play a video game with their own money, unless it directly interferes with my game play. Then I have a problem. To the multiboxer with 15 freavers on my home server, flip your OPs. Grind your crudes and poors. Sing songs in a large circle in dwarf camp for all I care. He seems to mind his own. Then you have the greenies ignorant of all OOC and Regional and GLFF "finger pointings". Who, out of whatever curiousity they seek to sate, farm a freaver for a few weeks to get a blue rank symbol because it looks neat. Yawn. His dime, his game.

I agree to the extent of abusing the game flow and interrupting others game play. Time will tell if this stems the recent flooding of rank farming. Or if indeed the perpetrators will simply seek alternate means to the end. Either way, I will ride out or map out and pvp.

Carry on, Maggots

Thunderbow
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

The Trees be praised.

Of course I think rank farming is justified! Why shouldn't it be? It's the only way a solo player can make his way in the ettemoors. And one of the only ways a solo player could possibly get a first age weapon before they raise the level cap to 300!!!

So is turbine putting comms and rank in the lotro store now? When the hell else have they cared about the actions of players within the moors? Why start now? Multiboxing is still A-Ok as long as it doesn't hit them in the pocket :P
    Tsaurel/Telae

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    So is turbine putting comms and rank in the lotro store now? When the hell else have they cared about the actions of players within the moors? Why start now? Multiboxing is still A-Ok as long as it doesn't hit them in the pocket :P
    FINALLY someone on this thread who has some sense who isnt a GM!

Too little, too late. I find it extremely convenient that you decide to implement this so called policy after you destroy the communities only way of checking renown totals for the day or overall. The destruction of the leaderboards and thereby any site that used them (for the benefit of the community, even!) is a crystal clear indicator that you don't give two flips about your VIP PVMPers. Keep up the great work guys.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000018f8a2/signature.png]Wakelee[/charsig]

It's nice you finally put something official out (and hopefully will enforce it) but sorry but this is wayyyyy too late imo.
    ---
    Nine lvl 85's, and people only want to run GB's...

Quote Originally Posted by Solumbra View Post
    Of course I think rank farming is justified! Why shouldn't it be? It's the only way a solo player can make his way in the ettemoors. And one of the only ways a solo player could possibly get a first age weapon before they raise the level cap to 300!!!
    I've quite literally made less than 200 of my total renown on freepside from grouping, while actively avoiding gold-tagging or killing anything solo and under rank 6. My freep was lvl 45 when RoR was released, and I'll be r10 before HD, unless it is somehow released in September, and i took a 3 month break from this game. 1 expansion pack to unlock 2nd age weapons at expansion release (assuming this is done again) without any meaningful gain from grouping seems pretty darn good to me. Nevermind that if i were willing to kill greenies and gold-tag off freep groups (rather than sitting mounted watching) I'd be well on my way to r11.

Justify your actions any way you want, the moors will be a better place without the type of mentality you carry.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM_River View Post
    Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules.

This policy is effective immediately.
    Absolutely wonderful news! It was a long time coming, but worth the wait :-)

Thank you.
    [size=1]"But of bliss and glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song." -- narration from The Silmarillion[/size]

So what I'm seeing, reading this thread as someone who doesn't PvMP is:

1. Turbine does nothing about rank farming -> People complain
    2. Turbine says they're going to do something about rank farming -> People complain

Conclusion: When are you going to remove PvMP and make the 'Moors into a PvE area?

Edit to add the last sentence is sarcasm, put down the pitchforks creeps 'n' freeps.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast