We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    As we have stated many times, multi-boxing is not a violation. The launcher allows a configuration setting to allow multiple clients to run on one machine and individuals playing on multiple machines are no different. As long as they are in front of their machine(s) and playing, it is not a violation.
    I think what he is referring to is not simply multiboxing - it is using that to basically have a private army on /follow consisting of healers spamming heal skills on the controlled character (and aoe for the group) and/or extra dps by issuing targeting and attacking commands broadcasted across clients.
    I don't think anyone really cares if somebody chooses to do that in PvE land, but in PvMP, I think the very least you could say about it is that it gives an unfair advantage when used against other players. I.e. concentrated DPS of 6 (or more) characters controlled by one person, or a virtually unkillable player due to the constant stream of heals.

While not against the rules it seems, is it fair?
    Last edited by Mirnir; Aug 28 2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: to try to make more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Enzaraen View Post
    What if a 'freaver' or any other creep/freep runs into you continually with little chance of winning, attacks you. You sort of have to fight back don't you? This has happened to me before when camping on the bridge between the GY and Aradors end OP. I just want to know if this is wrong/right and whether you should leave.
    Report him and leave. if he attacks you...fight him and report him for trolling to attempt to farm. he himself is part of the rank farming rule and will be dealt with. Just don't encourage him to continue. He isn't going to kill you...so walk away

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Awesome

As one of the handful of peeps that I know, for sure, that have never rank farmed, I think this is fantastic. I am at r11, and the excitement of not knowing what you will find when venturing out of GV, is the entire appeal. Plus, it is demoralizing seeing ppl wearing titles that you know they didn't earn. It cheapens it for the rest of us. Thank you, Turbine. Good move. As, a side note: Legit 1v1s are still cool, right? Cause those are way fun. Again, you never know what you are up against.
    Was Frae on Riddermark, now Fraed R-13 Warden on Landroval. I wished for this lifetime to last for a lifetime.

This will be some good stuff.

Tough decision. Too little too late? Or, locking the barn door after entire herds of horse have been stolen.

Sincerely,
    Lou de Torres

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Report him and leave. if he attacks you...fight him and report him for trolling to attempt to farm. he himself is part of the rank farming rule and will be dealt with. Just don't encourage him to continue. He isn't going to kill you...so walk away
    I'm not sure this is the spirit of the policy that apparently you were kind of involved in helping put together. Reporting someone for zerging you solo who has little chance of winning, really?

@Morteth: just stop breaking the lore please.... magical electrical weirdo in a robe... geez

Thank you for finally clarifying this, hopefully it will see an end to the practise and more fair play in the Moors.
    Bloodspill of Eldar, rank 15 Stalker and leader of the Angbands Shadow tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post
    I hope the other rank 15 warg on E gets banned now, he used to be known as Farmpaws of Firefoot and rank farmed from r0-r15 then transferred to E with a name change as if no one would notice the sudden appearance of (at the time) the only rank 15 warg in the US. This player abused the system and has tarnished the achievements of anyone looking to rank a warg.
    Nope, farmfoot managed to put out another r15 warg farmer, Pygsticker.

He had quit a few 400k-500k infamy days this summer. Yea, Turbine had no way to track farmers...
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Glad they've changed it, frankly. I don't bother with the moors more than once in a blue moon, but I'll admit I have been occasionally tempted to rank farm my guard up to 8. Locking the best shield(and some other gear depending on class) in the game behind pvp participation has and will continue to promote farming. I pve raid, why would you put the best pve shield in pvp?

As we have stated many times, multi-boxing is not a violation. The launcher allows a configuration setting to allow multiple clients to run on one machine and individuals playing on multiple machines are no different. As long as they are in front of their machine(s) and playing, it is not a violation.
    It certainly ruins the experience to be hunted down by someone boxing six black arrows or hunters though. I'm just hoping boxing in the moors itself won't be allowed someday, since it gives that person an unfair advantage to essentially farm anyone they come into contact with. Just my two cents, maybe other people share it.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    I'm not sure this is the spirit of the policy that apparently you were kind of involved in helping put together. Reporting someone for zerging you solo who has little chance of winning, really?
    It is not. And I'd encourage people to read the full policy. Especially the provision for false reports.

Thumbs up Finally!

Thumbs up to Developers. Those of us who struggle for months (and years) to rank appreciate the bringing of a bit of fair play to the Moors.
    Gwynth rank 12 hunter, Glynt rank 10 burg, and on and on from there.

This is a great idea.....but almost impossible to enforce as people can claim 1v1 and just make the fights last a bit longer before dying...

what will happens if you find an AFK player in the moors & kill it?

if a fellow player see's it & reports you for rank farming.....

how can Turbines checks into combat logs prove my innocence?

and what is to stop a rank farmer simply making their target to be rank farmed..... /AFK

i realize rank farming is a repetitive action , killing the same bot over & over

there are a number of grey area's where potential problems can happen when trying to enforce new rules
    i wish you all the best of luck with the task at hand, but hope no real pvmpers get unduly punished because of it
    Giss,Gisstina,Sexybeans,Hiddybeast,Marmites,Zoinkers Gizzmoe

about time. good step moving forward.

i always wondered how there wasn't a rule against rank farming and figured you guys didn't care about your game. you proved me wrong, it just took a long time.
    Last edited by warg_stalk; Aug 28 2013 at 03:31 PM.
    [center][img]http://goatgoatgoatie.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/3/6/12365137/2253553_orig.png[/img]
    [b]Thegoat, Wargstalk (Riddermark's favorite ganker) & Danceswithgoats[/b] - Riddermark
    [b]Brandywino[/b] - Brandywine[/center]

Nice and About time

About time well done

Quote Originally Posted by CSM_River View Post
    Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy.
    Well the rule it's easy, many head, more mind ... increase the Int !!! If your freever hit you that's no more a surrender ... and a low rank can't win with only auto attack. That's folk ! I guess Dev, Community team and council need a big int buff for find a better solution!!

Or you wrote something for try make people happy ???
    [img]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000dc7fa/01008/signature.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Where as I don't undertand why someone in your raid would do that. It isn't my decision. A solo person, that is different. However I would still say doing it multiple times plays in dangerous territory because by the rule, you are

I would say that knowing full well you are going to get shredded and do it anyway, you are playing into the context of this rule: surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat

How turbine handles it is up to them. I just would say be cautious regarding how many times you do it and in what manner because SOMEONE is likely going to view multiple solo charges as farming
    Hopefully whoever is the judge of farming at turbine thinks about this more deeply than you have.

I caught some clubbers near OC after these rules were made today. Ban them;

roughly 6 years too late, It was blatantly plain-as-day obvious on launch that farming was cheating, more or less made meaningless by no retroactivity. I can only assume its current necessity is due to the fact that farmers will be harder to track with no leaderboards to tally gain in the public eye, so an increase in tickets reporting them due to increased number of farmers.

at least it's not an awful change, i'll give you that.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

It is not. And I'd encourage people to read the full policy. Especially the provision for false reports.
    If someone continuously runs into you without trying to fight...and letting you kill them...is that not participating in rank farming? I think it is...

Bubblez - Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I caught some clubbers near OC after these rules were made today. Ban them;
    cool ! ValdezOne ! I guess Mere was stealth in this screen !
    [img]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000dc7fa/01008/signature.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or Glory to increase rank.

Zerging solo? A solo is not a zerg

but in seriousness,

If they are running into you...not attempting to kill you...they are participating in rank farming. YOU might not be...but they are...according to the above statement. If you continuously take advantage of said player jumping around while you kill them...Now YOU are participating in rank farming.

Bubblez - Defiler

First off, I want to say this is absolutely amazing news! I'm thrilled that Turbine has decided to take this stance, and hope that this policy will be stringently upheld. That being said, I do have a couple of questions regarding what "intentional surrender" is classified as.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM_River View Post
    “Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or Glory to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.
    Take the following cases: For example, say I just won a close fight against a creep, and have just a couple of hundred morale left, with bleeds ticking on me. I could choose to heal, but at the same time, I'd also like to recognize the close fight, and show respect to the other player, and allow the bleeds to tick down, and kill me. Is that "intentional surrender", even if I've already won the fight? How about if I aggroed a NPC to kill me after winning a competitive fight, rather than letting bleeds tick? would that be surrendering?

Additionally, as a primary solo player, if I encounter, say, 12 creeps at Lugz crossroads, is it "intentional surrender" not to fight back? A 1v12 isn't a winnable situation (unless you're a warden ), so would simply allowing them to kill me and move along be surrendering, despite the fact that any action I take would have no affect on the outcome of the fight?

Again, this policy is some of the best news I've heard from Turbine recently I'm simply curious to understand a bit more about how intentional surrender is defined, and situations in which this policy will be enforced. I look forward to a response! (apologies in advance if any of these questions were already asked/answered, didn't have the time to read through all the posts)
    [B][I]Nymwe, R11 RK [/I][/B]

For all those thinking this is going to make the moors better etc etc etc....

Seriously...wake up. Rank farming is the very least of the moors' issues. Start by removing all the #### and politics and self imposed rules by players and underhand tactics employed by many (and yes, you know who you are).

Then we will start getting somewhere....
    Likes to heal and thinks she is good at it. Unfortunately, can't heal stupid or bad builds...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast