In what magical setup does this occur? (oh wait, shield...) Better to define and specify the most likely setups of the Moors Warden than to make a broad statement about the capabilities:
Originally Posted by spelunker
1. Shield specced, should be disabled or toned down for the ettenmoors. Could be geared glass cannon. This honestly is the more irritating build to encounter and gets airstrikes called down on solo wardens regardless of if they fall into this category or not. Minimum of 16s bleed, pulse every 4 seconds, maximum of 32s if PvE +2 pulse and Force of Personality are mixed in. HoT's 30 seconds long (with PvE tanking armor), pulses every 3 seconds. Eru help creeps if Wardens lose Defiant Challenge, the 4-shield critical immunity and are buffed in other areas to maintian parity with Guardians in PvE raids; glass cannon survivability would still be insane.
2. Spear specced. Geared glass cannon around maximizing DoTs. Mixes in PvE armor to maximize DoT's to hit harder or longer. Either 32s (assuming Spear traited with Force of Personality slotted) up to 40 seconds with a bleed once every 4 seconds. Heals of 6 seconds with pulse at 3s base, 12s long if +2 pulse Perseverance (have to sacrifice Know Your Enemy and 18s if PvE Hytboldt shield armoring.
3. Fist? AoE Fear that is more of an annoyance/disruptive than a threat. Longer lasting bleed at up to 44s (48s on Improved Javelin Toss LOL). Lower damage than Spear even if at range.
The common theme is that it is certain cooldowns/shield traits that are too powerful in the Ettenmoors and that too much of the Warden's survivability/damage is tied to the armorset bonuses which override the "Penalties" that the traitlines are meant to impose.
My own take on what could be changed:
1. Change/remove the +HoT/DoT bonuses from 2 deep in respective armors and move them to 4 deep armor bonus or to appropriate traitlines. Armor mix-match swapping and hybrid builds becomes more difficult.
2. Make Spear line the bleed line focused in melee and with weaker DoT's at range. Make Fist the upfront spike damage ranged line, weak at melee.
2a. Alternative: Spear line focused on damage, Fist for support/debuffs/CC.
3. Don't really know what the Melkor to do with Shield, it's the Oliphaunt in the room. PvMP debuff of -10% damage done per Shield trait slotted?
4. Defiant Challenge made stance specific. If the Warden wants to engage -incoming damage they must be in Determination. If they want Reflection they need to be in Recklessness. AoE fear if in Assailment. If interrupted no skill activation, no buff gained, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Reset Cooldown.
4a. Alternatively give -50% outgoing damage whille -90% incoming damage buff active. If interrupted skill does not go on cooldown.
Brynhildn Mistress Over Fear
[B][COLOR="#FFD700"]Sons of Numenor[/COLOR][/B], Est 2008, calls on all seeking an [COLOR="#FF8C00"]established[/COLOR], [COLOR="#E399FF"]mature [/COLOR]and friendly community! Share your path with us and help build your home in a unique Kinship where you belong! [URL="http://www.sonsofnumenor.com"]SonsOfNumenor.com[/URL]