We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    21st Hall Quests

    I've gotten one of my characters up to level 54, and completed the majority of quests in Durin's Way. It's only the second time I've been through Moria since the revamp, but for some reason the foreman has no quest for me. I seem to remember that he (or the dwarf next to him) was the one which basically set you off to go through the rest of the zone via all the auto-bestowal quests. I don't remember having to complete any pre-quests for it to pop-up (I even went through the Durin-Balrog session play just to make sure) so is it something I'll need to /bug in-game? I was asking around yesterday and the quest should be available to anyone 50+, so I'm in a bit of a pickle

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    20
    One of the Dwarves in 21st Hall (I can't remember his name but he's across from the Stable Master) - He should give you a quest to talk to someone in the Rotten Cellar/Water Works. I know this is true because I have a level 54 Cappy that was just given the quest.

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    69
    The quest that starts all of the Zelem-Melek is this one http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...ed_Celebration according to this it is a level 55 quest.

    There is nothing stopping you though to just do all of the quest areas in zelem-melek and skip the introduction to it (at least Reinn will live that way)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371
    I think what's happening here is that you have to do any one of the auto-bestowed Zelem-Melek quests before Mogr's
    quest ring will appear. Once it appears, while you're doing his quests, you'll pick up several more of the auto-bestowed
    quests along the way.

    If you go west out of Redhorn Lodes (from the Orc-Watch) and putter around in the southern tip of Zelem-Melek, there
    are two or three auto-bestowed quests down there (you'll see the glow worms with the little quests rings over them).
    Do that, head back to 21st Hall, and you should be good to go with Mogr.

    If that works, let us know and I'll update the Wiki - because I remember wondering this exact same thing my second
    time through there when Mogr had no quest ring.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,668
    Ever since the updates, Moria runs a lot more linearly. Now the questing goes: Great Delving, Silvertine Lodes, Durin's Way, Water-Works, Zelem-melek, Redhorn Lodes, Flaming Deeps, and Nud-melek. No regular quest sends you to the Foundation of Stone. It is now an optional area, and eventually the epic sends you there.

    Because it is so linear, it is entirely possible that you haven't completed a prerequisite. If there are no NPCs that give quests (should be two of them on either side across from the stable), then that is my best guess.

    A friend and I quested through all of Moria (except FoS and the epics) in the last 3-4 days. We followed the path that the quests sent us through. However, you may miss quests in Zelem-melek if you don't follow the appropriate order (as I said, it is pretty linear).

    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    I think what's happening here is that you have to do any one of the auto-bestowed Zelem-Melek quests before Mogr's
    quest ring will appear. Once it appears, while you're doing his quests, you'll pick up several more of the auto-bestowed
    quests along the way.

    If you go west out of Redhorn Lodes (from the Orc-Watch) and putter around in the southern tip of Zelem-Melek, there
    are two or three auto-bestowed quests down there (you'll see the glow worms with the little quests rings over them).
    Do that, head back to 21st Hall, and you should be good to go with Mogr.

    If that works, let us know and I'll update the Wiki - because I remember wondering this exact same thing my second
    time through there when Mogr had no quest ring.
    I don't think this is the case. I quested through just the other day and I don't remember ANY glow worms down there (with or without rings over their heads). In the very least it won't be a pre-req. In fact, the only glow worms I remember off the top of my head would be in the Water-works, Nud-melek or the Silvertine Lodes.

    Also, be very wary of the wiki. A lot of quests were removed, moved, or altered. Look for Mogr or any NPCs in his vicinity. If that doesn't help, try to just continue questing from where you were before. You say you've done most of the Durin's Way quests -- try finishing them all. When you do, you will get a quest in Jazargund and that sends you to the 21st Hall. You'll get some quests at that point, including one that sends you to the Water-works.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post

    I don't think this is the case. I quested through just the other day and I don't remember ANY glow worms down there (with or without rings over their heads). In the very least it won't be a pre-req. In fact, the only glow worms I remember off the top of my head would be in the Water-works, Nud-melek or the Silvertine Lodes.

    Also, be very wary of the wiki. A lot of quests were removed, moved, or altered. Look for Mogr or any NPCs in his vicinity. If that doesn't help, try to just continue questing from where you were before. You say you've done most of the Durin's Way quests -- try finishing them all. When you do, you will get a quest in Jazargund and that sends you to the 21st Hall. You'll get some quests at that point, including one that sends you to the Water-works.
    i had goblins and glow worms with quest rings down there (over by the edge or ledge or whatever it's called )...but only after exploring the area and getting the first auto-bestow quest...but i forget where exactly...think it was at the orc camp on the north side of the hall down there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    i had goblins and glow worms with quest rings down there (over by the edge or ledge or whatever it's called )...but only after exploring the area and getting the first auto-bestow quest...but i forget where exactly...think it was at the orc camp on the north side of the hall down there.
    Hm... trying to picture it in my head. I know there was a quest where you set some spinning traps along a large chamber (perhaps that is near the ledge you talk about?). It's been a while since I've been in the passage below that however. There are two routes into the Redhorn Lodes over there. One is up high (where that trap quest and the Orc-watch are located) and then the other is along the narrow path below that. I've not taken that narrow path in ages -- is that the spot you are talking about?

    Then again, the spinning trap quest is pretty isolated. No quest sends you there, so if you don't go there yourself you won't ever know. With the quick goats from 21st to Orc-watch, manual travel doesn't happen along there very much. That may explain why I don't remember any glow-worms in Zelem-melek at all. That said, I definitely didn't complete that quest but had no trouble at all doing any other quest (such as those Mogr offers), so it can't be a pre-req.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  8. #8
    So, wander around until I can pick up a quest or 2 from auto-bestowal, then check back and hope he wakes up. Hopefully.

    Only reason I'm asking is because I don't want to have to head further in for epic's, seeing as I like to progress those and quests in the same area, at the same time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    So, wander around until I can pick up a quest or 2 from auto-bestowal, then check back and hope he wakes up. Hopefully.

    Only reason I'm asking is because I don't want to have to head further in for epic's, seeing as I like to progress those and quests in the same area, at the same time.
    No, you do not have to wander around to get an auto-bestowed quest. When you complete Durin's Way, you will get a quest directly from an NPC in Jazargund to go to the 21st Hall. I cannot confirm that the quest is required, but it might be.

    You are sure you haven't completed any quests in the 21st Hall at all on that toon, correct? If you look in your completed quest log, does it list any quests for Zelem-melek?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    No, you do not have to wander around to get an auto-bestowed quest. When you complete Durin's Way, you will get a quest directly from an NPC in Jazargund to go to the 21st Hall. I cannot confirm that the quest is required, but it might be.

    You are sure you haven't completed any quests in the 21st Hall at all on that toon, correct? If you look in your completed quest log, does it list any quests for Zelem-melek?
    Yes, there were the 2 quests for examining the 4 mirrors, and then flipping one of them. Apart from that, the only other one was the dwarf sending me onto the water-works.

    Thing is, I'm pretty sure I didn't have to go there (WW) the last time I went through, the foreman had a quest ready. Don't quite know what, if anything, I've done differently.

    Edit: And the riddle that lead to the Chamber of Mazurbul. Forgot about that one

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    Yes, there were the 2 quests for examining the 4 mirrors, and then flipping one of them. Apart from that, the only other one was the dwarf sending me onto the water-works.

    Thing is, I'm pretty sure I didn't have to go there (WW) the last time I went through, the foreman had a quest ready. Don't quite know what, if anything, I've done differently.

    Edit: And the riddle that lead to the Chamber of Mazurbul. Forgot about that one
    Correct. You get a quest to examine mirrors (and then another quest to realign one of them). You also get a quest to go to the Water-works.

    The thing is, pre-revamp Moria was very haphazard. You could go just about anywhere and start quests there. Now, however, it is very linear. Point A to Point B to Point C. I believe you must complete the Water-works before the rest of the Zelem-melek quests will show up, and then an NPC (quite possibly the foreman you refer to) should have more quests for you.

    And yeah, we can't forget about the riddles! I love those quests.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    466
    The vector quest to the Waterworks is a prerequisite for the Mogr/Reinn quest line that leads to the new Zeal exploration/questing deed. This is from the perspective of characters who did Moria years ago and were just coming back for the Zeal (and its Innocence by-product, which most of my characters already had well over-capped). Oddly enough only some had to do the Waterworks vector quest, others could start questing with Mogr directly, no idea why.

    Can't say if there are other prereqs for characters going through Moria and doing this deed on level. Maybe as Mar-Evayave suggests you'd also have to do a bunch of quests in the Waterworks. All mine had long since done enough quests there to finish the quest deed for the zone - if there is more to unlocking Mogr's quests apparently that's enough to do it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    No regular quest sends you to the Foundation of Stone. It is now an optional area, and eventually the epic sends you there.
    The quest Something Wicked, obtained from Veúlfur at the 21st Hall, sends you to the Foundations of Stone. The fungus barrel is located right beneath the Shadowed Refuge. This quest is not part of the Epic and essentially serves as a vector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I don't think this is the case. I quested through just the other day and I don't remember ANY glow worms down there (with or without rings over their heads). In the very least it won't be a pre-req. In fact, the only glow worms I remember off the top of my head would be in the Water-works, Nud-melek or the Silvertine Lodes.
    The glow worms are located in the Southeast corner of the Second Hall, just before the rift that divides the Second Hall from the First Hall.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    The quest Something Wicked, obtained from Veúlfur at the 21st Hall, sends you to the Foundations of Stone. The fungus barrel is located right beneath the Shadowed Refuge. This quest is not part of the Epic and essentially serves as a vector.

    The glow worms are located in the Southeast corner of the Second Hall, just before the rift that divides the Second Hall from the First Hall.
    Oh, those worms? Those aren't in Zelem-melek. They are for Nud-melek (which is the last area of all aside from the Foundations of Stone), so won't affect any Zelem-melek questing.

    As for Something Wicked, when does that appear? I've completed all possible quests in every location of Moria EXCEPT for the Foundations of Stone. My only Moria quests (aside from various class and epic quests located there) are currently outside with the elves. Also, is the wiki page correct in the pre-reqs for this? It seems to indicate that you must complete some assortment of full fellowship quests for the Moria instances. That isn't very solo-friendly, which seems odd considering how very solo-oriented this game has become in recent years. Not a very good vector quest if it has those pre-reqs.

    I vaguely remember Something Wicked (or something akin to it), but I never had to complete those instances in order for it to be offered to me. O.o
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  15. #15
    Just want to confirm; I traveled down to the water-works, in doing so completing the quest to travel down there, and also completed the Identify water + goblin/leech quests (don't remember the exact name for each) while I was in the area. Ported back to 21st, and the ale quest was available. Still seems a little strange, especially as I only did 2 separate quests.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371
    Working on editing the Wiki, since I couldn't find any info about this when I had the same problem.

    Is the Water-works vector quest named "Aguti's Advice", started by talking to Simbi in 21st Hall?

    I don't currently have another character that hasn't already done this to independently confirm.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    Working on editing the Wiki, since I couldn't find any info about this when I had the same problem.

    Is the Water-works vector quest named "Aguti's Advice", started by talking to Simbi in 21st Hall?

    I don't currently have another character that hasn't already done this to independently confirm.
    Yes, also the objective info for the quest (only 1);

    "Águti is at the Rotting Cellar camp in the Water-works, far south-west of the Twenty-first Hall.

    Simbi has asked you to speak with Águti regarding the progress of the expedition in the Water-works."

    Just in case you needed that

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,668
    I was finally sent to the Foundations of Stone by my epics, but I have yet to receive Something Wicked. My best guess is that the quest was nixed with the Moria revamp.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    Yes, also the objective info for the quest (only 1);

    "Águti is at the Rotting Cellar camp in the Water-works, far south-west of the Twenty-first Hall.

    Simbi has asked you to speak with Águti regarding the progress of the expedition in the Water-works."

    Just in case you needed that
    Hey, thanks! The article stub was there, but it was missing its category, so it wasn't showing up
    in the lists of quests where it should have. Still have a couple of loose ends to tie up, but
    hopefully now if someone does a search on Mogr or looks at the lists of quests, these will be
    easier to find.

  20. #20
    Every single alt i take to moria now, faces the same issue, so i never finish that questline again.

    Today I finally found out that all you have to do is to go finish the quest to go to Water works. After that, come back to 21st and Mögr will be active.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload